With holes everywhere we need to keep our picks

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Honestly the best thing is to draft a QB once you feel you have the team close to being set.   It is so hard to build the team once you have to pay the QB the money they command. Only Brady and his back door deal with Kraft defy this. 

And in the meantime your team hovers around 6-10 to 9-7 because you've got talent elsewhere but no one at QB. Then you're not in position to get a QB because you're in the land of perpetual mediocrity.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bangarang said:

This team has spent years drafting every other position except QB and it has gotten us nowhere. If this staff thinks they can draft a franchise changing QB then do whatever you need to make it happen. 

If I could like this post more than once, I would.

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

And in the meantime your team hovers around 6-10 to 9-7 because you've got talent elsewhere but no one at QB. Then you're not in position to get a QB because you're in the land of perpetual mediocrity.

Not necessarily. 

Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson were available for mediocre teams. I understand what you are saying. It can be done either way I think.

If one of the top tier QBs is available at our spot, I think we should take them. However, I don't think trading up for anybody but Rosen is a good idea

However, we need to stop taking QBs in the second round or later and expecting them to be the franchise QB. If we don't take a QB in the first, then get a temporary QB like Bradford or Keenum, and try to fill as many holes in the draft as we can.

Edited by FLXbillsmafia

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Not necessarily. 

Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson were available for mediocre teams. I understand what you are saying. It can be done either way I think.

How do you know what kind of team you need until you have the lynchpin in place 

10 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

The colts won 1 game and got Luck and he masked all of their problems and won 10 games

GET A !@#$ING QB

EXACTLY my point they only won one game so they did not have to give up their whole draft to move up to get Luck! They could still use the rest of their draft to fill holes and they were not near as old a team as we are! 

1 hour ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

We can’t waste all our picks moving up to get a QB with massive holes on D-Line and O-Line. Any q.b  we get will get killed behind this line, especially with Wood and Incognito another year older! We need to use our 6 top picks on O-line and D-line then draft a Q.B. the following year when he’ll have a chance to survive! Just keep Tyrod or pick up a Stop gap QB, fix our O-line and D-line. Then draft a QB and give him a chance. Finally build properly!

I agree that they can't give away their stockpile of picks for a QB. There are just WAY too many holes to do that.

We need 2 (or 3) LBs, at least 1 or 2 D Line, maybe a CB, 2 to 3 O linemen, WR, RB, QB, and then depth at almost every position and that's just off the top of my head... 

You can't fill all the holes on this team in 1 draft. There's too many. 

But I don't agree that they should pass on a QB all together. If the right QB is still there with one of their picks in the 1st, they should take him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah I’m sure these guys will use those picks on the right players. This is what amazes me about Bills fans. We never pick good players. Our team sucks every single year. Our coaches and GMs mess up 90% of the time. Yet people are terrified of losing picks. Who cares about how many picks we have? We don’t pick the right guys with them anyway. Trade them for guys that other capable teams have identified and developed. At least then we can’t screw them up.