Here you can admit that yes, it CAN get worse than Taylor

23 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

It certainly does NOT solidify that Peterman won't be the long-term answer. One game, his first? Nonsense.

It clearly says he's not ready. And likely makes it even more obvious that they're drafting a QB high, which was something they'd probably have done even if he'd looked pretty good.

But this is way too little information to make any kind of long-term judgment on.

The one reason Peterman was touted as a potential 2nd or 3rd round draft pick was because he was labeled as the most "NFL ready" QB of the 2017 draft.

So much for that. 0:)

Now what? Work ethic? Sure, anything is possible. But I'd say it's highly unlikely Peterman becomes a Franchise QB...

even more unlikely than Taylor :flirt:

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The one reason Peterman was touted as a potential 2nd or 3rd round draft pick was because he was labeled as the most "NFL ready" QB of the 2017 draft.

So much for that. 0:)

Now what? Work ethic? Sure, anything is possible. But I'd say it's highly unlikely Peterman becomes a Franchise QB...

even more unlikely than Taylor :flirt:

He's got 7 years on Taylor.

You can not have one QB playing one scheme and the new young QB playing a different one and expect the rest of the team to be ready for the change in a mid season away game against a very good D. It is why having the Tyrod bridge is worthless. Of course the change had problems right out of the gate.

All season this offense was in limited Tyrod mode then had  to go to the complex fast moving Peterman mode, same thing will happen if Tyrod stays next season. You either train your new QBs to play in a limited Taylor made system or you make sure all your QBs learn and play the system you want so if there is a change mid season the rest of the team is on the same page and is ready. We need both QBs on the same page, why would any team want their QBs to play in a limited system? Limited success in a limited system, forever 7-9.

Tyrod is holding this team back, time to move on from the QB Rex picked. The Tyrod era is the Rex era, when is the new era going to start?

Edited by xRUSHx

3 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

You can not have one QB playing one scheme and the new young QB playing a different one and expect the rest of the team to be ready for the change in a mid season away game against a very good D. It is why having the Tyrod bridge is worthless. Of course the change had problems right out of the gate.

All season this offense was in limited Tyrod mode then had  to go to the complex fast moving Peterman mode, same thing will happen if Tyrod stays next season. You either train your new QBs to play in a limited Taylor made system or you make sure all your QBs learn and play the system you want so if there is a change mid season the rest of the team is on the same page and is ready. We need both QBs on the same page, why would any team want their QBs to play in a limited system? Limited success in a limited system, forever 7-9.

Tyrod is holding this team back, time to move on from the QB Rex picked. The Tyrod era is the Rex era, when is the new era going to start?

Wait... are you actually now trying to take the blame off Peterman by saying the rest of the team wasn't up for the challenge of his much more sophisticated (or in your words his "complex fast moving" :lol:) offense and that's the reason Peterman threw 5 (nearly 6) interceptions and botched a shotgun snap because he had his hands down at his side?  

Oy :doh:

He had the worst Debut and overall Qb performance in the modern Era of NFL pro football.  There is no need or should there be a reason he sees the playing field this year outside of an injury.  He was not ready.  As well as he has practiced and developed he was not ready to face a top NFL pass rush.  

On 11/19/2017 at 8:21 PM, apuszczalowski said:

And he threw more INTs in one half then TT has all year....

Just say in.....

....EXCELLENT comparison.......a guy in the NFL for 7 years versus  kid with some pre-season reps, mop up duty and who then lands his first start......nothin' like getting drafted by Bflo and walking the pigeon stained "TBD Red Carpet"........it may be "cutting edge", but I think labeling him a bonafide "5th Round Bust" is appropriate......

On 11/19/2017 at 8:05 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Most interceptions in a half since 1991.

That was sickening.

And shocking.

I legitimately thought Peterman would come in and play well.

Right now he looks like Jeff Tuel 2.0... worse actually.

Too many posters here saying our passing game couldn't get any worse.

Come eat some crow. 0:)

At least he was awful enough that we can quickly go back to Taylor and try for a playoff run in our super weak conference :thumbsup:

Same outcome.  Peterman did not play till the last 10 minutes of the great TT 56 yard outing agenst NO.  So. No it cannot get worse when your starter is getting 56 yards in a game and losing. 

And thinking Tyrod is going to take this team to the playoffs is a joke right?

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wait... are you actually now trying to take the blame off Peterman by saying the rest of the team wasn't up for the challenge of his much more sophisticated (or in your words his "complex fast moving" :lol:) offense and that's the reason Peterman threw 5 (nearly 6) interceptions and botched a shotgun snap because he had his hands down at his side?  

The entire team sucks and yes it starts with Qb take your pick.  

56.   I remember when Rob Johnson got 97 net yards and the refs and Bills were clueless to solve the Music City fiasco.  

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes Tyrod and his very limted system. Yes the rest of the team was not ready or willing to get behind Peterman IMO. The team played horrible including Peterman but it was his first start they should have simplified the game plan more like they do for our 7 year vet.

IMO Tyrod would have been crushed just as bad in that LA game if he started since our old OC knows this team very well, especially Tyrod and his limited offensive scheme. McD did Tyrod a favor for not playing him from the start. If Tyrod had 3 horrible games in a row it would have for sure ended his career. Tyrod gets a fresh start this week let's see if he can get more then 50 yards this week, oh the excitement this offense brings with Tyrod at the helm.

I can hear  the fans with that KC chant now, ohhhh, ohhh ohhhh ohhhhh, ohhh ohhhhhhhhh another Bills loss.

Ohhh, ohhh ohhh ohhhhh another 3 and out

Punt punt puuunnnnt, punnnt stacked box

On 11/19/2017 at 8:05 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Most interceptions in a half since 1991.

That was sickening.

And shocking.

I legitimately thought Peterman would come in and play well.

Right now he looks like Jeff Tuel 2.0... worse actually.

Too many posters here saying our passing game couldn't get any worse.

Come eat some crow. 0:)

At least he was awful enough that we can quickly go back to Taylor and try for a playoff run in our super weak conference :thumbsup:

Your right it always can be worse than AVG, but also can be much better than AVG, so why settle for AVG?

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Your right it always can be worse than AVG, but also can be much better than AVG, so why settle for AVG?

Who wants to settle for average?

Upgrade when and where you can, including at the QB position, you just keep average until you have something better...

and that's not Peterman.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Who wants to settle for average?

Upgrade when and where you can, including at the QB position, you just keep average until you have something better...

and that's not Peterman.

And you know this by a Half of football with no WRs left healthy?

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And you know this by a Half of football with no WRs left healthy?

Yes, I can't prophesize but sure let's say I'm 99% confident that kid won't make it beyond being the long term backup other than the few games he might get to end the season.

And are you seriously bringing up the WR corps as an excuse for Peterman?!

Sheesh... you guys are just full of double standards :doh:

1 hour ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Same outcome.  Peterman did not play till the last 10 minutes of the great TT 56 yard outing agenst NO. So. No it cannot get worse when your starter is getting 56 yards in a game and losing.

And thinking Tyrod is going to take this team to the playoffs is a joke right?

Well at least Taylor didn't have negative NET yards and negative NET points contributing to a 30 point halftime deficit :flirt:

33 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Yes Tyrod and his very limted system. Yes the rest of the team was not ready or willing to get behind Peterman IMO. The team played horrible including Peterman but it was his first start they should have simplified the game plan more like they do for our 7 year vet.

IMO Tyrod would have been crushed just as bad in that LA game if he started since our old OC knows this team very well, especially Tyrod and his limited offensive scheme. McD did Tyrod a favor for not playing him from the start. If Tyrod had 3 horrible games in a row it would have for sure ended his career. Tyrod gets a fresh start this week let's see if he can get more then 50 yards this week, oh the excitement this offense brings with Tyrod at the helm.

I can hear  the fans with that KC chant now, ohhhh, ohhh ohhhh ohhhhh, ohhh ohhhhhhhhh another Bills loss.

Ohhh, ohhh ohhh ohhhhh another 3 and out

Punt punt puuunnnnt, punnnt stacked box

Well, at least your fantasy land has music. Hope that's a good tune you're hearing there :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes, I can't prophesize but sure let's say I'm 99% confident that kid won't make it beyond being the long term backup other than the few games he might get to end the season.

And are you seriously bringing up the WR corps as an excuse for Peterman?!

Sheesh... you guys are just full of double standards :doh:

Well at least Taylor didn't have negative NET yards and negative NET points contributing to a 30 point halftime deficit :flirt:

Well, at least your fantasy land has music. Hope that's a good tune you're hearing there :thumbsup:

Yes i am pointing a Fact that you are making some prediction after a half of football with ZERO WRs 

and Yes i also think Peterman is a long term BU as well but that is not based off a half of football

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes i am pointing a Fact that you are making some prediction after a half of football with ZERO WRs 

and Yes i also think Peterman is a long term BU as well but that is not based off a half of football

Oh no, you're mistaken. Go back and look at all of my posts over the summer regarding Peterman. I never thought the kid had it. My concern was and is and has always been his arm strength.

He has a weak arm but a gunslinger's mentality. I think Hyde's moniker of Nate Favre might've been perfect for him because he looks to be half of what Brett Favre was, but it's the half that made him throw the most interceptions in NFL history. Peterman is missing the talented half of Favre that made up for that gunslinger's mentality... that good ole rocket arm.

I went into that game last week really thinking and or hoping I was completely wrong and that the coaches knew what the hell they were doing by putting the best QB in. 

Instead, I saw the worst football by a QB I've ever seen.

Besides, we're not just talking about a bad half of football by a QB. We are talking about the worst half of football by a QB in probably the last half a century in a very cute be friendly era with the guy who's biggest strength coming out of college was that he was the most "pro ready" QB of the draft.

I will root for him if he gets back in the game and absolutely 100% hope he proves me wrong because I'm a Bills fan. But I highly highly highly highly highly doubt it.

Edited by transplantbillsfan