The Coach "Losing the Lockerroom" is the dumbest thing I've heard yet

zow2

The Locker-room was already lost.  He's in the process of trying to get it back!   You figured after the Jets game this group of men would rally together like the "family" they claimed to be... but that Saints game was proof positive there is serious deficiencies in that room.  And as i mentioned in another thread, it's starts with offense and being able to control the ball and actually score.  The Cincinnati game still haunts me because i think that game will ultimately cost Buffalo the wild card.   The D folded last week.  I think this change at QB will even help to rally them back.

He destroyed the "family" when he traded Marcell. I don't think he can get it back. He might as well blow it up now. You can't preach family and underdog and all that stuff and trade for a receiver and act like he's her to save the franchise. That family thing probably comes off as a lie now.

8 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

He destroyed the "family" when he traded Marcell. I don't think he can get it back. He might as well blow it up now. You can't preach family and underdog and all that stuff and trade for a receiver and act like he's her to save the franchise. That family thing probably comes off as a lie now.

Do you really believe that?  Are you in the locker room?

If Marcel was that much of a team guy, he sure did have a funny way of showing it by his off field issues.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Personally, I don't think the locker is at all lost.  The Saints game was an abomination all-around, and the team just flat out stunk, period.  If I might argue anything, I might say that the defense flat out quit because they were frustrated with the offense REPEATEDLY going 3 and out, never getting a blow, and watching Tyrod stink up the joint for 4 quarters.   If anything, the D quit due to their frustration with the offense.  I don't think McD has lost anyone, and I do believe players truly are buying in to his philosophy.   Bringing in Benjamin isn't saying anything to this team except for We want to win now.  I don't see how a move like that could in any way upset the players or contradict McD's "process".  

McDermott hasn't lost anything.   Except a very mediocre starting QB.

5 minutes ago, KW95 said:

If Marcel was that much of a team guy, he sure did have a funny way of showing it by his off field issues.

The biggest reason why he was traded.  Being a leader on the team and having those issues doesn't help the rest of the team and doesn't show a good example for your young players

• Like (+1) 1

He was one of the last major stanks that needed to go.

Others include:

SG24

SW14

SJ13

Fat Rex Ryan

Last Major stank still remaining:

JH55

Minor Stanks that are still smelling like doo-doo:

Preston Brown

TT- but that has been resolved.

CHeers

KW95

There has been a rapid mood shift from a few weeks ago players saying stuff like "this is the tightest locker room I've ever been a part of" to now, but we really aren't hearing players complain about the locker room either. No one going to the press and throwing another player or group of players under the bus (see: TY Hilton) or slamming the coach (see: Giants). 

I postulated in the other thread that maybe some players came to the coach and spoke to him about a QB change, and I'm sure the game film told coach the same thing. Either way, I don't think any players are down on Tyrod as a person and teammate, but something was obviously off with the O these past couple weeks. The blame is on both sides of the ball, but if we had even lost the game like 47-24 we could all be saying "this roster isn't built for shootouts" or some such phrase we've heard before. This past week was BAD.

25 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Not to one-up you, OP but I heard something even dumber.  A guy called into Lonsberrys show and said SM is lost, needs to be fired.  Stating he benched Tyrod because he is black.  Cant make this stuff up.

That's absurd.

11 minutes ago, Big C said:

I postulated in the other thread that maybe some players came to the coach and spoke to him about a QB change, and I'm sure the game film told coach the same thing. Either way, I don't think any players are down on Tyrod as a person and teammate, but something was obviously off with the O these past couple weeks. The blame is on both sides of the ball, but if we had even lost the game like 47-24 we could all be saying "this roster isn't built for shootouts" or some such phrase we've heard before. This past week was BAD.

Yep, i agree with that.  I'm sure directly after the game in his presser, McD genuinely meant what he said about Tyrod remaining the starter. but once he saw the film breakdown, listened to the position coaches/GM, and had private conversations with others, I think it became apparent now is the time.  We all speculated here that starting Peterman off against KC or NE was a bad idea so the Chargers game (which will be like Buffalo-West coast atmosphere) is the right time.

2 hours ago, KW95 said:

Yes I really believe that. Off the field has nothing to do with stopping the run. Also Kyle said he personally had a lot invested in Dareus. They loved him as a brother who is troubled. They wanted it to work for him here, with them. It's easy to see that.

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

Not to one-up you, OP but I heard something even dumber.  A guy called into Lonsberrys show and said SM is lost, needs to be fired.  Stating he benched Tyrod because he is black.  Cant make this stuff up.

I don't think that is the case. Tyrod could not get the job done effectively, especially when you can only complete one pass to your new starting caliber WR. More of a change of pace/business decision to me, and it makes sense!