How quickly does love turn to hate?

Maine-iac

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

Who knows If the Bills would have traded Sammy in return for a late 2nd round pick. They probably thought it would be between 35-40

Lots of unknowns...such as would they have traded him if Boldin hadn't signed here for a week?

My hunch is yes to both. They wanted to get rid of an oft injured prima Donna who worried more about targets and catches than wins.

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

I'm sorry, but I'm calling bull **** on this. NO ONE saw this coming. Not you, not any analyst, no one.

I would have been happy to get a young offensive mind like McVay and also get Wade.

But we got a defensive coach whose defense just gave up 500 yards on the ground the last two weeks.

If they give up 250 on the ground in each of the last 7 games you still want them to get at least 5 years?:lol:

It's not about the duration of time it's about the trajectory and progress.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

I would have been happy to get a young offensive mind like McVay and also get Wade.

But we got a defensive coach whose defense just gave up 500 yards on the ground the last two weeks.

If they give up 250 on the ground in each of the last 7 games you still want them to get at least 5 years?:lol:

It's not about the duration of time it's about the trajectory and progress.

It's year ONE.

One.

Not two, three, or even 4.

ONE.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

It's year ONE.

One.

Not two, three, or even 4.

ONE.

What if the Jags play the Rams in the Super Bowl and Dareus and the Jags D hold Gurley to zero yards rushing.........but Watkins and Woods combine for 300 yards and 4 TD's?:lol:

And next year Watson and Mahomes are playing each other in the AFC Championship months after Peterman was replaced by Derek Anderson?:thumbsup:

Point is.........context and perspective matter.........you can't just give a HC 5 years they have to earn it.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

What if the Jags play the Rams in the Super Bowl and Dareus and the Jags D hold Gurley to zero yards rushing.........but Watkins and Woods combine for 300 yards and 4 TD's?:lol:

And next year Watson and Mahomes are playing each other in the AFC Championship months after Peterman was replaced by Derek Anderson?:thumbsup:

Point is.........context and perspective matter.........you can't just give a HC 5 years they have to earn it.

:lol: that would be billsy. But fortunately I dont think that's gonna happen. Pats/Saints SB, book it.

Anyway, they need a CHANCE to earn it, and more than the typical 2-3.

That hasn't worked. Time for a change.

I agree with joesixpack to let the coaches do  their thing and wait it out... except the OC and OL coach. The Greg Roman style offense scored points and the run game was among or THE best. Yet they changed all that, we all see the un-originality, the easy to predict patterns, the fact Tyrod couldn't be... Tyrod, the sudden OL stuggles. I'd replace Dennison for sure. At least Peterman is probably a much better fit, so we'll see. Hey, as most fans, I want them to succeed, not to fire anyone! But the burden is on them.

4 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I agree with joesixpack to let the coaches do  their thing and wait it out... except the OC and OL coach. The Greg Roman style offense scored points and the run game was among or THE best. Yet they changed all that, we all see the un-originality, the easy to predict patterns, the fact Tyrod couldn't be... Tyrod, the sudden OL stuggles. I'd replace Dennison for sure. At least Peterman is probably a much better fit, so we'll see. Hey, as most fans, I want them to succeed, not to fire anyone! But the burden is on them.

What about Leslie Frazier?........that was the worst defensive performance at home in a decade.    And the defense is fast tumbling to the bottom of the league statistically.

As I said earlier in the season........early in the season when teams don't have tape on your players in your new systems.......X's and O's can help carry you.......later, you need Jimmy's and Joes.     Jimmy Watkins and Joe Dareus would have been nice to keep.:thumbsup:

Well if Dennison isn't or can't change or effectively use the talent then I guess you try the other talent.  So trying Peterman makes sense for McDermott.  As far as Frazier he has IM0  a much better track record of fielding defenses and we have some very dominant defensive showings under our belts from this year alone.  The two big slips ups are both after trading away a pro bowl DT and both now involve us not being able to stop the run.  The next couple weeks will surely show a lot.  If the defense doesn't come around in a big way and the offense continues to collapse it's going to be fairly demoralizing.  All I wanted was a defense to go with the offense we had.  We were scoring 25ppg.  This league is actually fairly simple and straight forward.  Score more than 23ppg and hold teams to less than 20.  Go back through the last ten years and it's almost a sure fire way of making the playoffs.  We will end the playoff drought when we put a coach on each side of the ball that doesn't suck.  I'm not sure this is the year we fixed that problem.

17 years of no playoffs has removed all rational thought from this fan base.  Which is why one week its everything is great...and the next its worst ever...then the next its all great again...followed of course by misery every time we lose.  

It will remain that way until this team proves it can sustain any season long success.  Until it consistently show to be a playoff team, the over reaction after a loss will never stop because it will always feel like all the other false hopes during the last 17 years, and really 21 years with the pain the 4 SB losses generated too.  Think about that...our last glory was being the only team in any sport to lose 4 straight championships.  So even our Glory days are ones of misery, dissapointment, and consistent losing...just at a higher level.