Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

McD on the hot seat is such a funny take.  You know why it was said as well as I.  

Because I want to make the playoffs this season. Whoever is at QB or any other position. It was nice with the five wins if only this bunch didn't post much then. Shady, xRushX Crusher and his new name now, the Major and a couple of others. The rest of us root for whoever plays Sunday and not for losses so their agenda can be fulfilled.

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

what happens when he plays like a 5th round rookie? which history says will probably happen.... would that be considered trying to get better at the position? 

Yes. If he plays that poorly we will have a higher draft pick to take a QB. We will also know we need to take one. One way or another we’re getting an answer.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Luka said:

Obviously, he needs to recognize the personnel available to him and adjust but in Dennison's defense, what team doesn't have an actual backup running back? And with how often Shady gets "knicked up?" Pretty ridiculous.

We had banyard and let go of J Will cuz he didnt play special teams. There is no excuse dennison can trot out for keeping tolbert as a RB2. None. Its a firable offense off the bat.

5 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I cant blame Tyrods OC#3 because of the fact he couldn't make it happen for a full season before. Re-watching games he always left things on the table. Tyrod is the one that kept checking down refusing to throw in open positions. The last game even Romo called it out. 

The running game is why our offense clicked, Tyrod didnt get one 300 game something he should have hit at least once in 2+ seasons with such a great running game. Teams dared him to be a QB and failed bad at it.

I embrace the change it should have been made when Rex was fired.

Tyrod was part of the running games success but it was also the play calling and scheme. Thats why our run game sucks balls this year cuz our OC sucks and his OL coach/Run game coordinator is garbage and tyrod wasnt good enuff to pickup the slack. Period. We have only run like 3 option plays in 9 games this season. We scored more tds on option plays alone last year than we did in the 2nd jets game.

When you run the ball well you dont need to pass as much. This is common sense dude. Smh...

Just now, HappyDays said:

Yes. If he plays that poorly we will have a higher draft pick to take a QB. We will also know we need to take one. One way or another we’re getting an answer.

And if that does happen, we wasted a solid opportunity to make the sixth seed in a very weak year in the AFC.  That's the only problem I have with the whole thing.

Just now, JM2009 said:

And if that does happen, we wasted a solid opportunity to make the sixth seed in a very weak year in the AFC.  That's the only problem I have with the whole thing.

From the fan’s perspective we just want the drought to end. McDermott is pushing for much more than just a fluke playoff one-and-done year and it’s hard to fault him for that.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Pretty much. Lookin forward to how this team looks with a qb more suited to the offense. This really shows dennison cant scheme to his players strengths tho. If Lynn could do it last year in his 1st OC job and Dennison cant do it in his what 5th OC job? Thats not a good sign either.

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right. becuz that's what he does every week. i'm not even a big tyrod guy, man. but this hype for a 5th rounder amidst a playoff run in a weak AFC is ridiculous. 

what happens when he plays like a 5th round rookie? which history says will probably happen.... would that be considered trying to get better at the position? 

It's a fresh start, I expect growing pains of a new rookie, I also expect McD will be looking hard at our OC and evaluate him at seasons end the same with Peterman.

To move on from the last staffs QB and drafting QBs to try to find a franchise worthy QB is what I was pointing to as trying to get better at the position, I love McD now for the move.

As for the hype I think fans are just sick of the Tyrod excuses and watching him play Trenative protecting his stat line not worrying about pushing for the win something Peterman pointed out he won't be doing, Peterman is all about the win and will fight to get the win. I don't understand how you could not be excited for the kid unless you would rather have Tyrods 50 yard days.

Tyrod is known here for a protector of the ball but is punt after punt  turnovers? 

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

It's a fresh start, I expect growing pains of a new rookie, I also expect McD will be looking hard at our OC and evaluate him at seasons end the same with Peterman.

To move on from the last staffs QB and drafting QBs to try to find a franchise worthy QB is what I was pointing to as trying to get better at the position, I love McD now for the move.

As for the hype I think fans are just sick of the Tyrod excuses and watching him play Trenative protecting his stat line not worrying about pushing for the win something Peterman pointed out he won't be doing, Peterman is all about the win and will fight to get the win. I don't understand how you could not be excited for the kid unless you would rather have Tyrods 50 yard days.

Tyrod is known here for a protector of the ball but is punt after punt  turnovers? 

lololol. dude you are honestly the worst..... again. becuz tyrod does that every week right? becuz he didn't have a real nice start to his season as whole when they were 5-2...

you're just the worst sort of guy around here. I've said numerous times i'm ready to move on from tyrod. ready to draft the next in line. but i'm not ready to put the playoff push in the hands of a rookie 5th rounder when the starter had shown more good than he had bad this year... I hope he pans out. unlike you will acknowledge the GOOD and the bad with him as a qb. something you cant grasp when it comes to taylor. I don't care who's starting as long as they win.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Thad Brown @thadbrown7
FollowingFollowing @thadbrown7
More

History says the Nate Peterman Era is not likely to last long. There hasn't been a QB drafted in the 5th round that started 50 NFL games since Mark Brunell in 1993. 6th rd, 7th rd? Yes. 5th rd? No. Or a 5th rounder is due. #Bills

Just now, JM2009 said:
Thad Brown @thadbrown7
FollowingFollowing @thadbrown7
More

History says the Nate Peterman Era is not likely to last long. There hasn't been a QB drafted in the 5th round that started 50 NFL games since Mark Brunell in 1993. 6th rd, 7th rd? Yes. 5th rd? No. Or a 5th rounder is due. #Bills

I sure hope it's due to happen. Starting 5-2 to no playoffs this year would be terrible.

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

then don't blow smoke about trying to win now. 

They are trying to win now while also building for the future. They’ve said it again and again and every decision they’ve made makes sense in that context. If the 5th round rookie isn’t running the offense better, oh well, they get to take their franchise QB next spring. If that guy sucks then they’re on the hot seat in a couple years. It’s as simple as that.

They might genuinely believe Peterman’s traits give this offense a better chance moving forward. Let’s see what happens.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

They are trying to win now while also building for the future. They’ve said it again and again and every decision they’ve made makes sense in that context. If the 5th round rookie isn’t running the offense better, oh well, they get to take their franchise QB next spring. If that guy sucks then they’re on the hot seat in a couple years. It’s as simple as that.

They might genuinely believe Peterman’s traits give this offense a better chance moving forward. Let’s see what happens.

how is that caring about the now? that's literally the opposite. thanks for the confirmation.

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

how is that caring about the now? that's literally the opposite. thanks for the confirmation.

You’re not listening to what they’re doing. They are trying to win now. They are also trying to build for the future. If Peterman works out, win now. If he doesn’t, build for the future. They are being extremely methodical about this. That’s the process. Do you really want to be the Dolphins of 2016, sneak into the playoffs in a fluke year and go nowhere? I would be happy the drought was over but I’m glad we have a coach and GM that are levelheaded enough to push for more than that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

so i'm assuming the people on this page apparently think the 5th round rookie is apparently gonna come in a light it up in the midst of what should still be a playoff push?

what happens if he just plays like a 5th round rookie? is everyone still praising this regimen then..... becuz that's honestly whats probably gonna happen. I pray to god the kid lights it up but you guys on this specific page are cracking me up.....

I mean.... one guy saying he's sold off all his tickets becuz we benched our starter in the midst of a playoff push for a 5th rounder rookie. good lord. i don't know what all those people are taking but I want some!!!! ....in fact I would venture to say with the way the Oline has been playing and the way the defense has caved, this is exactly the scenario you don't want your young qb in. that's the recipe for ruining a player.

Tell yourself that the Bills used one of their third round picks.....hell, make it a second rounder....to pick Peterman.

Now you feel much better!