Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

2 hours ago, ALF said:

I just hope Peterman can accept rookie mistakes he will make and learn from them. Don't get discouraged, this is good on the job training.

I want to see if he has real potential as a starter before the 2018 draft.

Only problem myself and others have is that the sixth seed is there for the Bills this season. I hope this move doesn't hurt that. Hopefully Peterman does well. His first meaningful snap in the NFL, but, LA has no home edge.

19 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Or Peterman wasn't ready week 1, but now he is and they think he's the best option at QB. 

Throwing a rookie to the wolves week 1 before having some time to learn what it is to be NFL player would have been a disaster. 

Wish you posted more.

Edited by JM2009

4 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Only problem myself and others have is that the sixth seed is there for the Bills this season. I hope this move doesn't hurt that. Hopefully Peterman does well. His first meaningful snap in the NFL, but, LA has no home edge.

thats the only problem you have? huh... who knew.

Just now, Foxx said:

thats the only problem you have? huh... who knew.

Just put xRushx, Shady,Crusher-air Fitzy and a couple of others on ignore because arguing with agenda driven nonsense is fruitless and tiring. I like you Foxx. Don't disappoint me. I hope Peterman plays well Sunday and I'm kind of interested to see what he does. That bunch takes the interest  out of the whole thing. 6-4 is what I want and to make the playoffs. If Peterman doesn't fair well, I'll be disappointed because I don't want to be 5-5. season is over than.

You can have different opinions on whoever the QB is, but at the end of the day, just win on Sunday. That's what most of us want, except for a few. Tired of dealing with the few.

On 11/16/2017 at 6:48 AM, JPP said:

You really are a special kinda stupid.....they made the playoffs with a losing record.....this was my point....a team with a losing record can and has made the playoffs in the past....how hard is it?  here look below just for you:

The Panthers captured their second straight NFC South division title and qualified for the postseason for the first time in back-to-back years despite a losing record of 7–8–1.

Teams have made the playoffs with losing records, but only if they win their division.  That's reinforced by your example.  I can't think of an example where a WC team made it in with a losing record.

12 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
Clayton-If the emotion is there that Tyrod Taylor is being too cautious, that I think is too much emotion. One of the beauties of Taylor is the fact that he only has 3 interceptions. If that margin of victory is starting to crumble because the defense is starting to wear down 1/2

What's the difference between a 3 and out inside your own 10, with opponent getting the ball at the 50 after a punt - and a 5 down drive with an INT at the 50?

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Teams have made the playoffs with losing records, but only if they win their division.  That's reinforced by your example.  I can't think of an example where a WC team made it in with a losing record.

8-8 may do it this year , though.

2 hours ago, eball said:

Anyone who mentions "losing the locker room" as a potential challenge for the Bills simply doesn't understand professional sports.  The players know who should and shouldn't be playing.  They feel badly for Tyrod as a person because they like and respect him, but they also want to win and they know when plays aren't being made.  Sure, Peterman is an unknown in the starting role, but remember that these guys have been around him now for 5+ months.

Just watch the WRs actually get involved in the game this week.

I suspect the WR and Offensive line are thrilled with the change in style and McCoy has the potential to get going again if other teams find themselves no longer able to stack the box.  As you said they like Tyrod as a person but better individual performance = money down the road for them so if Peterman makes them play better he will suddenly be very well liked.

TT always seemed to play not to lose which is shown in his stats.  I also think he was trying to keep those stats for his contract next year assuming he wasn't a Bill all along. 

Look at the talking heads rave about the stats and how high he ranks in areas seems to put his play into perspective.  Good conservative numbers and high percentages is an easier sell by his agent and another losing season can be blamed elsewhere.  

I just don't think he planned on being here long term so build the resume anyway you can. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

Anyone who mentions "losing the locker room" as a potential challenge for the Bills simply doesn't understand professional sports.  The players know who should and shouldn't be playing.  They feel badly for Tyrod as a person because they like and respect him, but they also want to win and they know when plays aren't being made.  Sure, Peterman is an unknown in the starting role, but remember that these guys have been around him now for 5+ months.

Just watch the WRs actually get involved in the game this week.

You are assuming that the players think  Peterman is a better Qb than Tyrod.   You don't know that.

Maybe they do and maybe they don't.  Or more likely, some do and some don't.

Losing the locker room is a much smaller likelihood now simply because Tyrod sucked donkey balls in the last game.   So logically, the decision to start Peterman can be justified.

But you don't know what the players are really thinking.   

My guess is that this next game is going to influence their opinions greatly one way or the other once they play a real game with Peterman at QB.

• Like (+1) 1

Bottom line is this is a super stonesy move by Mcdermott. I think hes been getting feedback from day one on Petermans developement and has given this a tremendous amount of thought over the past several weeks. The national media seems to disagree which makes me wonder if they even look at the numbers. Tyrods had zero 300 yard games this year and just 4 games of 200 or more after 9 games. Thats really bad. Sometimes ya just gotta say WTF. Make your move. Trust the process?

Edited by THEHARDTRUTH

3 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Bottom line is this is a super stonesy move by Mcdermott. I think hes been getting feedback from day one on Petermans developement and has given this a tremendous amount of thought over the past several weeks. The national media seems to disagree which makes me wonder if they even look at the numbers. Tyrods had zero 300 yard games this year and just 4 games of 200 or more after 9 games. Thats really bad. Sometimes ya just gotta say WTF. Make your move. Trust the process?

Stones or just Stupid? :P

If he's made it because he sees the "TT runs Dennison's offense" experiment as "failed" and thinks Peterman has developed enough to play better, Stonesy, sure

If he's made it because according to the Carucci/Schopp conspiracy theories he's afraid we might make the playoffs with Tyrod and then he couldn't manage to send him on down the road but he doesn't want to keep him....just Stupid.

23 minutes ago, GG said:

What's the difference between a 3 and out inside your own 10, with opponent getting the ball at the 50 after a punt - and a 5 down drive with an INT at the 50?

Serious answer from watching Thurs nite:

When you punt, you have defenders on the field and you've schemed to stop the return guy.
When your QB throws an INT, you're at the mercy of the tackling abilities of your offense, so things are more likely to go bad. 

Kudos to Mariota - he took a great angle and threw a beaut, but I'd rather not count on that.

15 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

You are assuming that the players think  Peterman is a better Qb than Tyrod.   You don't know that.

Maybe they do and maybe they don't.  Or more likely, some do and some don't.

Losing the locker room is a much smaller likelihood now simply because Tyrod sucked donkey balls in the last game.   So logically, the decision to start Peterman can be justified.

But you don't know what the players are really thinking.   

My guess is that this next game is going to influence their opinions greatly one way or the other once they play a real game with Peterman at QB.

I assure you the players know from watching the film that Tyrod is leaving too many plays out there in the passing game.  That's a certainty.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I assure you the players know from watching the film that Tyrod is leaving too many plays out there in the passing game.  That's a certainty.

Sure.  

Still doesn't mean they think Peterman is a better player.

Maybe they do and maybe they don't.

None of us have seen a recent practice or have been privy to the conversations those players have about their QB in private.

Edited by PolishDave

LeSean McCoyicon-article-link.gif: He’s accurate
Buffalo’s feature back noticed this attribute about his fellow Pitt alum all the way back in OTAs. Peterman is pretty consistent when it comes to putting the ball on the money.

“He was a surprise to a lot of the players when he got here with his ball placement,” McCoy said. “Each week, his growth, making plays against the defense. He looks good. I think he’s got a lot of talent. I’m anxious to see how he does this week.”

1 minute ago, PolishDave said:

Sure.  

Maybe he is maybe he isn't.

None of us have seen a recent practice or have been privy to the conversations those players have about their QB in private.

Is that privy enough?

4 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Sure.  

Maybe they do and maybe they don't.

"Even since he's gotten here, he's been making some good throws," Hyde said. "Some ballsy throws. He fits the ball in there, makes some good throws. He's smart, so he can read coverages and stuff like that. He has a good arm."

"With me, it's just his decision making," defensive end Jerry Hughes said. "For him to be a rookie, just from a defensive lineman standpoint, it just seems he's comfortable in the decisions that he makes and he makes them fast and lives with it."

"Nathan's a very instinctual player," Jones said. "I think he doesn't get a lot of credit for his ability, the way that he moves and he moves phenomenally well. He is great out of the pocket as well, he's great in the pocket, throws an accurate ball, a good leader. We were on the same team so it's crazy just how this all has really progressed. I have a lot of confidence in Nate. I know he does in this football team as well so it's just time for us to draw together and come together because like I said earlier our goal is still in sight."