Bills D has quit on the fans

16 hours ago, GreggTX said:

"On the fans"? How about Kyle is ready to retire and the rest of our DT's aren't even good backups. Shaq has been a bust so far and our LB's are overrated.

Completely agree word for word. Love Kyle but it's definitely time. Washington, Thorton, Worthy and Yarbrough are all garbage. Maybe not even backups on most teams. Hughes is getting handled and there was never hope Shaq would become a pass rusher. Our LB's are just as weak.

9 hours ago, rant_and_go_returns said:

You're obsessed. Teams are bigger than one 3 technique.

I'm more worried about the coaches. Cover 2 Zone, bend don't break, the league finally caught up to them. They don't have an answer to teams taking the underneath.

It really looks like they just bought time and pile up the excuses. One chance to develop a QB. That fails, or if they pick a CB or RB first, bye bye.

If ownership allows us to pick a RB or CB in the first rd next year I will seriously question my thought process about being a Bills fan for the first time in 35years of watching this team..

Add on:

Not resigning Zach Brown was a huge mistake.

Edited by Real McCoy

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

You also don't last long in the NFL if you don't care. Major sports leagues do a pretty good job of weeding out the not-caring types. 

Yup- and most are not hugely rich. League minimum for 2-3 years is great pay but it’s nice nest egg pay, not set for life pay. 

17 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

God I want this to be a "they just laid an egg" scenario but we're just looking like the same old Bills.

I'm mentally prepared for the November numbing...

300 yards rushing... just pathetic.

cripe thats an OJ/Jim Braxton day in '73. We werent facing any OJ or Jim Braxton sunday.

10 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....yup, the Dareus trade allows us to SOLELY attribute giving up 500yds  rushing to just that......oft injured and playing less than 40% of the snaps.....makes PERFECT sense......

So your explanation for the 500 yards is what, exactly?  A team with a HOF quarterback runs the ball 24 straight times?  What do they see that makes them do this? 

2 hours ago, RussBrandon said:

So your explanation for the 500 yards is what, exactly?  A team with a HOF quarterback runs the ball 24 straight times?  What do they see that makes them do this? 

.....a multitude of issues but not reasonable to pin it solely on one man (Dareus) , is it?.........

20 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....yup, the Dareus trade allows us to SOLELY attribute giving up 500yds  rushing to just that......oft injured and playing less than 40% of the snaps.....makes PERFECT sense......

I by no means am saying is the sole attributing factor. What I am saying is that his size and skills when playing DO play into how the apposing offense handles our dline. No one person is usually the key factor in winning or losing a game.

4 hours ago, BigPappy said:

I by no means am saying is the sole attributing factor. What I am saying is that his size and skills when playing DO play into how the apposing offense handles our dline. No one person is usually the key factor in winning or losing a game.

...think we're in agreement bud.....what is interesting is that when he was out due to injuries, which lowered his snap count the less than 40%, Frazier adjusted and the defense still performed reasonably well if I remember correctly....now that he's gone, the wheels fell off which is the part that makes no sense to me......

14 hours ago, RussBrandon said:

You would think a troll imitating someone front office would know that you cannot get into Hall of Fame (HoF) until after you have stayed retired for five years.

On 11/14/2017 at 5:12 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...think we're in agreement bud.....what is interesting is that when he was out due to injuries, which lowered his snap count the less than 40%, Frazier adjusted and the defense still performed reasonably well if I remember correctly....now that he's gone, the wheels fell off which is the part that makes no sense to me......

It kind of makes sense really. When his snap count was lowered they still had him as part of the game plan so when he was rotating out Worthy was getting a bulk of the playing time but still was rotating out fairly often so he was able to rest more. Now with Dareus gone all together, his snap count is higher and not rotating out as much. Plus teams are not having to game plan for double teaming Dareus. When you lose that big powerful body in the middle, it makes it easier to control the LOS for the O-line.