Derek Carr Got Hurt Over Anthem Protests

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s the funniest thing about this whole stupid thread.  It was posted by an OP who makes the most insane posts and it was about a chick who might be insane. 

Ain't no "might" with Miko - I mean she HAS to be a liability for her husband.  Definitely remember teams being weary to sign Brent because of her, must be a fun marriage - wonder who wears the pants? (can you still use that phrase, these days?)

19 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Your arguments, I suppose, are from the talking points made by your KKK chapter.   Bigots who want to justify racism  always find a way.  

FYI, since there are about 3 times more non-Hispanic whites in the US than there are blacks, the police should be killing 3 times as many whites as blacks in order for your numbers to represent anything but racist propaganda.

That's not how data works.

You need to look at crime data.  For example, a 2008 report on juvenile crimes released by the FBI informs us that black youths accounted for 52% of juvenile violent crime arrests, including 58% for homicide and 67% for robbery despite making up only 16% of the juvenile population.

This isn't because blacks are biologically predisposed to crime, but because crime is a socio-economic issue rather than a race issue, and black Americans are more likely to be poor, which is due in part to the legacy of slavery, but in larger part to the perverse incentives of the welfare state, originally targeted at blacks under the Johnson Administration, which served to decimate the black family.

The unfortunate reality we are left with is that blacks commit an absurdly disproportionate amount of crime, and therefor expose themselves to a disproportionate amount of policing, given the nature of policing being most necessary in high crime areas.  So, while there may be inequality in the raw data when you look at it on it's face, it does not demonstrate inequity.

5 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

If you look at the amount of criminals instead of the total population, since young black men commit an alarmingly high amount of crimes, the statistics show that Law enforcement shoot Asians a disproportionate amount of times compared to other races.

There is also no real data separating Hispanics from other whites, anything that cites those numbers are extrapolating their own bull%$#&.

do-you-want-h3j6bj.jpg

Do you have the data for mass shootings?

4 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Ain't no "might" with Miko - I mean she HAS to be a liability for her husband.  Definitely remember teams being weary to sign Brent because of her, must be a fun marriage - wonder who wears the pants? (can you still use that phrase, these days?)

I honestly have never heard him speak.  I feel like he is kept prisoner by her.  She is an awful human being.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Mass shootings data isn't particularly helpful in any argument, much less this one, given how "mass shootings" are defined for the purposes of collecting that data.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Mass shootings data isn't particularly helpful in any argument, much less this one, given how "mass shootings" are defined for the purposes of collecting that data.

Because you are more likely to look like the average profile of one?

jk, this whole thread is stupid. Miko Grimes haha.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because you are more likely to look like the average profile of one?

jk, this whole thread is stupid. Miko Grimes haha.

Because a mass shooting is defined by the FBI as any incident in which 3 or more people are shot in a public place, and typical gang violence is lumped together with incidents like Sandy Hook and Las Vegas while the motives are disparate.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
I agree on the Miko Grimes stupidity bit.

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

Because a mass shooting is defined by the FBI as any incident in which 3 or more people are shot in a public place, and typical gang violence is lumped together with incidents like Sandy Hook and Las Vegas while the motives are disparate.

1 is suicide

2 is murder

3 is a mass shooting.

I never understood why #1 is included into the "gun violence" statistics... I guess you can do violence to yourself.:blink:

Just now, CanadianFan said:

This whole thread has degenerated into personal and racist comments that has NOTHING to do with the topic nor issue at hand. Yes I suppose it is a reflection of the society at large. But is it healthy debate?  

Where are the mods on this?

Go back to Canada with all Your Progressive BS and lack of mass shootings. :)

11 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

This whole thread has degenerated into personal and racist comments that has NOTHING to do with the topic nor issue at hand. Yes I suppose it is a reflection of the society at large. But is it healthy debate?  

The original topic is about racism.

I guess we can also talk about ways to rehab from back injuries.

6 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

It's where we are as a society because we're past the point of shared values and trusting each other's motives.  There isn't anything left which binds us together.

It used to be that people were less quick to demonize others, and were willing to admit that we (largely) wanted the same things, but believed in different ways of achieving the results.  That isn't the case anymore. 

We no longer want, or believe in the same things; and certain loud sub-groups dominate and pollute the narrative, personally disparaging anyone who disagrees with them politically.  It's well past the time where being bound together as a single nation serves anyone anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Link?  Not that I want to wade into this muck, but its not that simple - lots of relevance in this article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/11/arent-more-white-people-than-black-people-killed-by-police-yes-but-no/?utm_term=.e4ed0330d51e

https://www.snopes.com/do-police-kill-more-whites-than-black-people/

Shouldn't this be in PPP anyway?

Also, Miko Grimes is crazy - AND I'M OUT... :beer:

Did you know that more Black players in the NFL get injured than White Players, despite the US population having 3 times more white people? The NFL is racist!

24 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

1 is suicide

2 is murder

3 is a mass shooting.

I never understood why #1 is included into the "gun violence" statistics... I guess you can do violence to yourself.:blink:

I was looking at some death certificates from Buffalo in the 20s and 30s for a project I was working on and at that time (and maybe still today), suicides were recorded as "self murder."

To those pointing at the crime rate of black youths...honestly what do you expect?  Kids growing up in city slums with parental issues, violence all around them and no money to put food on the table and that's assuming they have a house.  They sell drugs just to eat a sandwich and take them to deal with the constant shootings that are around them.  How do you expect black youths to overcome that, that's all they know?  Most don't, most turn into the same thing and the cycle continues.  It's not their faults that they were slaves and treated like scum for so long and now we expect them to be just like the privileged white man.  As if all of those years of being treated horribly didn't have an effect on how they live today.  Maybe if we helped some of these kids out and educated them and steered them in the right direction this whole NFL protest thing wouldn't even exist.  Unfortunately, too many people are too focused on their own world to see what's been happening in someone else's.  There's always a cause for every effect.   

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

To those pointing at the crime rate of black youths...honestly what do you expect?  Kids growing up in city slums with parental issues, violence all around them and no money to put food on the table and that's assuming they have a house.  They sell drugs just to eat a sandwich and take them to deal with the constant shootings that are around them.  How do you expect black youths to overcome that, that's all they know?  Most don't, most turn into the same thing and the cycle continues.  It's not their faults that they were slaves and treated like scum for so long and now we expect them to be just like the privileged white man.  As if all of those years of being treated horribly didn't have an effect on how they live today.  Maybe if we helped some of these kids out and educated them and steered them in the right direction this whole NFL protest thing wouldn't even exist.  Unfortunately, too many people are too focused on their own world to see what's been happening in someone else's.  There's always a cause for every effect.   

Completely disagree. Growing up in the south side of Chicago is basically the same as growing up in Beverly Hills or Amherst. You either make it or you don’t.

and I have the right to judge others because I chose to be born in America and not 3rd world country. I told my mom when she was pregnant I better be born in a nice neighborhood in the US or else. Now, I am free to judge those immigrants or poor people. I’m a patriot!