Favorite Pizzerias in WNY

Buffalo716

Buffalo is known for lots of things and Pizza and wings is definitely near the top of the list

who are you favorite pizzerias in WNY?

for me... I would have to say I love Picassos

Bocces club is always great

Rivas pizza in Depew always makes a great pie

and the newest place I found is Zahz in Cheektowaga. Great pizza

• Like (+1) 2

Bocces was #1 for me. We were friends with a kid from another...Santoras? I’m not sure of the name. On Main St in Williamsville with a location, I think. 

Just Pizza opened a location in Sarasota, FL, but just never got it right. Casa de Pizza was from Buffalo there and they were GREAT, but Just Pizza just fizzled. I go to Casa de Pizza every time I go back. 

Not sure if it is still there (the owner has been trying to sell it), but La Hacienda, in Niagara Falls, was always my favorite. (No relation to Bob and John's La Hacienda.)

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Bocces was #1 for me. We were friends with a kid from another...Santoras? I’m not sure of the name. On Main St in Williamsville with a location, I think. 

Just Pizza opened a location in Sarasota, FL, but just never got it right. Casa de Pizza was from Buffalo there and they were GREAT, but Just Pizza just fizzled. I go to Casa de Pizza every time I go back. 

Sorrentino's. Not bad.  Santora's was also from the Buff area, can't remember where. They opened one in Daytona Beach. Terrible. 

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Sorrentino's. Not bad.  Santora's was also from the Buff area, can't remember where. They opened one in Daytona Beach. Terrible. 

Santoras was decent. They still have one on Transit in West Seneca I think near the apple cider mill (Myers?). 

Just now, mead107 said:

What’s on the pizza? 

If it's a good pizzeria, then it should be topped with whatever your ordered. :P

I'm a traditionalist/minimalist, with pizza. Sausage is fine. Pepperoni is good, if it's good pepperoni. Fresh basil is terrific. Others I deem "acceptable" on something named "pizza" (even if I'm not crazy about the topping) are: onions, garlic, olives, mushrooms---the standards. No pineapple, bacon (unless is pancetta), ham, teriyaki chicken, etc.

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

Santoras was decent. They still have one on Transit in West Seneca I think near the apple cider mill (Myers?). 

Yes, that's where it was.

Just now, mead107 said:

Buffalo chicken? 

NO!

4 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

It was a little greasy, which was it’s second best feature coming in only behind FREE! 

Anyone know of Casa de Pizza in WNY? I know they have a location somewhere. The place in FL tasted like home

Edited by Augie

Way back when (late 70s early 80s) when La Nova was all the rage, I thought Mr Pizza (which was close to La Nova) made a better pie. Tried one years later (on Elmwood?) and it sucked.

Always liked Bocce (and Milano's I think?--Bocce offshoot), but it wasn't something I could eat all the time. It was a good "change of pace" pizza. The Kenneth Davis of pizza.

Strangely, when I return to WNY, I'm drawn more to the sheet pizza of places like Mr Ventry's and Pizza Oven in Niagara Falls. Already made (yet somehow still hot and fresh, and never under a heat lamp) and sold by the slice.

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

It was a little greasy, which was it’s second best feature coming in only behind FREE! 

Anyone know of Casa de Pizza in WNY? I know they have a location somewhere. The place in FL tasted like home

I still remember my father taking napkins from the dispenser and mopping some of the grease off the top of the Santoras pizza. We usually ate in the restaurant they had a big sit down area. And they had a Pac Man machine. 

Just now, Augie said:

Cookies are the new Mead Coins. 

I’ve seen mead’s true colors tonight. He’d sell all my campaign memos and stategies for a free lunch (probably why we’re going to lunch next week. Now it all makes sense). 

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

I still remember my father taking napkins from the dispenser and mopping some of the grease off the top of the Santoras pizza. We usually ate in the restaurant they had a big sit down area. And they had a Pac Man machine. 

Pac Man and pizza - sounds like a good dad! A great Friday night out!

(Or a slightly less gratifying Sunday morning breakfast.)