Favorite Pizzerias in WNY

Buffalo716

I hope I remember to have Bocce’s delivered for the Super Bowl. My next door neighbor is from Buffalo, she will appreciate it, I think. It’s not the same delivered like that, but.... Now if only I could find some great wings in the area. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/24/2018 at 5:18 PM, john wawrow said:

Not far enough.

Best pizza in town:

1) Imperial

2) La Nova.

3) Bocce

Of note, there were some references here to Casa, formerly on Elmwood.

It closed after a food poisoning issue and have since maintained their new location downtown just off Main.

jw

How, here is someone in Buffalo who gets what pizza is meant to be..Need to try this Jays place.

http://buffalonews.com/2018/02/01/at-jays-artisan-pizzeria-the-best-neapolitan-style-pies-in-town/?utm_medium=more_stories

Loved this passage

A Buffalo-style crust is sturdier, designed to serve as a delivery vehicle for a carpet-bombing payload of cheese and pepperoni. A Neapolitan crust is the point of the pizza. There's supposed to be just enough toppings to flavor the dough, the delicate canvas on which pizza greatness is written

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

How, here is someone in Buffalo who gets what pizza is meant to be..Need to try this Jays place.

http://buffalonews.com/2018/02/01/at-jays-artisan-pizzeria-the-best-neapolitan-style-pies-in-town/?utm_medium=more_stories

Loved this passage

A Buffalo-style crust is sturdier, designed to serve as a delivery vehicle for a carpet-bombing payload of cheese and pepperoni. A Neapolitan crust is the point of the pizza. There's supposed to be just enough toppings to flavor the dough, the delicate canvas on which pizza greatness is written

Gee... What the world needs now is another "artisan". 

That ain't no working man's pizza. That's a hipster pizza.

:P

Didn't you learn anything about "uppity foodd" from that guy's obituary thread that GBiD put out? :D

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Gee... What the world needs now is another "artisan". 

That ain't no working man's pizza. That's a hipster pizza.

:P

Didn't you learn anything about "uppity foodd" from that guy's obituary thread that GBiD put out? :D

If by "hispter" you mean" liker of good taste" , call me a hipster all day long.

Kinda akin to 8-10 years ago and everyone said to those of us drinking craft beet" that ain't no working man beer, that's hipster beer" . Now the hipsters all drink PBR, and everyone else is drinking craft beer cause it's JUST PLAIN BETTER. LIKE THIS PIZZA:P:beer:

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

If by "hispter" you mean" liker of good taste" , call me a hipster all day long.

Kinda akin to 8-10 years ago and everyone said to those of us drinking craft beet" that ain't no working man beer, that's hipster beer" . Now the hipsters all drink PBR, and everyone else is drinking craft beer cause it's JUST PLAIN BETTER. LIKE THIS PIZZA:P:beer:

J/K... Next time in BFLo, my wife & daughter would be crazy about a place like that.

• 4 weeks later...