The Fire Bell In The Night

Tiberius

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

so for a range of positive 10 (excellence on the metaphysical certitude scale)

to minus 3,000,000,000,000 (the usual suckfest that is a Tibs unwitty riposte)

how does the ignored post by Tibs above me rate?

Well off the negative end of the scale.

WARREN HENRY: Democrats Are Fielding Even More Anti-Semitic Candidates For Congress. 

“Michigan’s Rashida Tlaib is representative of the Democratic Party’s march beyond the embrace of candidates who criticize Israeli policy or its current government to a much uglier place.”

Another odd endorsement story occurred in Pennsylvania’s 1st Congressional District. Democratic nominee Scott Wallace came under criticism after it emerged that his charitable foundation has given hundreds of thousands of dollars to groups that promote the BDS campaign.

Wallace disclaimed responsibility for the donations and denied supporting BDS. Democratic Jewish Outreach of Pennsylvania initially declined to endorse Wallace, but ultimately reversed its decision under pressure from the Democratic Party in a toss-up contest.

Last week, Democrats nominated Ilhan Omar as their candidate in Minnesota’s 5th Congressional District. Omar has claimed that Israel “hypnotized the world” and said she hoped Allah would awaken people to “the evil doings of Israel.” She recently defended those comments by referring to “the apartheid Israeli regime.”

Lastly, there is Leslie Cockburn, the Democratic nominee in Virginia’s 5th Congressional District. The Virginia GOP has accused her of being a “virulent anti-Semite,” based on her-coauthorship of “Dangerous Liaison: The Inside Story of the U.S.-Israeli Covert Relationship,” a book that “advocated for the inherently anti-Semitic belief that Israel controls America’s foreign policy.”

The Virginia GOP quoted from The New York Times review of the book: “Its first message is that, win or lose, smart or dumb, right or wrong, suave or boorish, Israelis are a menace. The second is that the Israeli-American connection is somewhere behind just about everything that ails us.”

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

WARREN HENRY: Democrats Are Fielding Even More Anti-Semitic Candidates For Congress. 

“Michigan’s Rashida Tlaib is representative of the Democratic Party’s march beyond the embrace of candidates who criticize Israeli policy or its current government to a much uglier place.”

Another odd endorsement story occurred in Pennsylvania’s 1st Congressional District. Democratic nominee Scott Wallace came under criticism after it emerged that his charitable foundation has given hundreds of thousands of dollars to groups that promote the BDS campaign.

Wallace disclaimed responsibility for the donations and denied supporting BDS. Democratic Jewish Outreach of Pennsylvania initially declined to endorse Wallace, but ultimately reversed its decision under pressure from the Democratic Party in a toss-up contest.

Last week, Democrats nominated Ilhan Omar as their candidate in Minnesota’s 5th Congressional District. Omar has claimed that Israel “hypnotized the world” and said she hoped Allah would awaken people to “the evil doings of Israel.” She recently defended those comments by referring to “the apartheid Israeli regime.”

Lastly, there is Leslie Cockburn, the Democratic nominee in Virginia’s 5th Congressional District. The Virginia GOP has accused her of being a “virulent anti-Semite,” based on her-coauthorship of “Dangerous Liaison: The Inside Story of the U.S.-Israeli Covert Relationship,” a book that “advocated for the inherently anti-Semitic belief that Israel controls America’s foreign policy.”

The Virginia GOP quoted from The New York Times review of the book: “Its first message is that, win or lose, smart or dumb, right or wrong, suave or boorish, Israelis are a menace. The second is that the Israeli-American connection is somewhere behind just about everything that ails us.”

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.

Let me be the first to wish LaDexter good luck in Minnesota's 5th district race.

(I'm kidding.  I hope you lose, !@#$head.)

• Like (+1) 1

So the play is if the Dems cannot win the House or Senate, they can indict and legislate the winning competition out of office? That is diabolical, and may I say the evil genius who thought that up could be on to something... until the next election cycle when the losses are worse for the Democrats. Unless...this will result in more dead people voting and the recounters finding even more D votes in the trunk of a car?

Democrats Seek Blue Wave of Attorneys General
The party’s top targets include races in Nevada, Colorado, Ohio and Florida

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So the play is if the Dems cannot win the House or Senate, they can indict and legislate the winning competition out of office? That is diabolical, and may I say the evil genius who thought that up could be on to something... until the next election cycle when the losses are worse for the Democrats. Unless...this will result in more dead people voting and the recounters finding even more D votes in the trunk of a car?

Democrats Seek Blue Wave of Attorneys General
The party’s top targets include races in Nevada, Colorado, Ohio and Florida

"It's so free from interference. You can just sue and go after people. You don't have to run it up any flagpole or get a committee or do anything," Shaw says. "You just do it."

I really hope that guy doesn't win.

12 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

He's campaigning on a platform of weaponizing the justice system against political opponents?

Apparently. But, he's just being a bit more open about it as it has been done for quite some time now at all levels of the government (local, state, federal).

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Apparently. But, he's just being a bit more open about it as it has been done for quite some time now at all levels of the government (local, state, federal).

It happens all the time, but I don't think I've ever seen someone come out and say "elect me, and I'll use the justice department as political weapon".

Roll Call reported, "Senate Could Be Tied up For Weeks Voting on Trump Nominees."

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell moved to stop the stalling and vote on five political appointments and a dozen judicial nominations. The filibuster is over.

"If senators were to object to time agreements, the Senate could literally spend weeks doing little other than considering the nominations, a move that complicates much of the legislative agenda for the rest of the year, particularly when it comes to finishing consideration of government spending bills before the end of the fiscal year on September 30," Roll Call reported.

With the Senate split 50-49 (John McCain refuses to resign, although he is incapacitated), Democrats want to be out campaigning to keep their seats, particularly Joe Manchin, D-

Is Mitch McConnell “the Michael Jordan of owning the libs”?

Posted by William A. Jacobson