Seriously, how is TD going to fix

Well, trading for LJ Shelton would fix our LT situation and allow Gandy to fight it out with Tucker for the LG spot. However, if we dont land Shelton, then a major overhaul of our O-Line is going to happen with either Teauge or Gandy as the LT...not very pretty.

But I do think that TD has something up his sleeve...could be Shelton, could be another FA...even though its from John "I'm only wrong 75% of the time" Clayton, he said that the Gandy signing was a move to cover their bases just in case of the worst possible scenario, which leads me to believe that TD has more moves in plan.

The one thing we cant do is plug a rookie 2nd round LT in there...that would spell disaster for the entire team. A rookie guard? Sure. A rookie center? Go for it. But rookie Tackles rarely do well their first year. Sure there are exceptions to every rule, but a 2nd round choice probably wont solidify our LT position.

Well, trading for LJ Shelton would fix our LT situation and allow Gandy to fight it out with Tucker for the LG spot.  However, if we dont land Shelton, then a major overhaul of our O-Line is going to happen with either Teauge or Gandy as the LT...not very pretty. 

But I do think that TD has something up his sleeve...could be Shelton, could be another FA...even though its from John "I'm only wrong 75% of the time" Clayton, he said that the Gandy signing was a move to cover their bases just in case of the worst possible scenario, which leads me to believe that TD has more moves in plan.

The one thing we cant do is plug a rookie 2nd round LT in there...that would spell disaster for the entire team.  A rookie guard?  Sure.  A rookie center?  Go for it.  But rookie Tackles rarely do well their first year.  Sure there are exceptions to every rule, but a 2nd round choice probably wont solidify our LT position.

264424[/snapback]

So that doesn't leave many options for TD. If the Shelton deal doesn't go down, what other left tackles are available?

Ross Tucker

264451[/snapback]

Teague at LT and Tucker at OC would not surprise me even a little.

Of course, this would mandate at least 1 competent OG through free agency or the draft. Truthfully, I want one of each.

The thing is, we have a glaring need at CB that simply must be addressed, and we need a backup RB.

Looking at this calmly, these are needs that dont seem to hard to fill.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We do what the Giants did when they got to the Super Bowl in the 2000- you grab some old guy who has a year or 2 left after he's released for cap reasons & plug him in. Then we take care of the problem next year with a younger player. In today's NFL you go year to year. In 2000 the Giants plugged in Lomas Brown & Glen Parker and won the NFC.

Who is going to be our left tackle on opening day protecting little JP?

264414[/snapback]

1) Find unheralded but talented FA's with McNally's help, and coach them to improve.

2) Draft good linemen and have McNally do his magic.

3) JP will have to run for his life a little. Luckily, he can throw while he's doing it.

PTR

Do people not remember that Trey Teague was BAD at LT when he played it a few years ago in Denver? 

And yes, I think that if TD fails to get Shelton, there is a stronger push to re-sign Marcus Price as long as he's healthy.

264540[/snapback]

Quite honestly I never saw Teague play ot for Denver, at all. I don't really know what kind of a player he was there or how he faired at that position. It would be interesting to look up his stats from that period just to see how well he really did.

Anyone here have access here to that kind of archeived information?