Seriously, how is TD going to fix

Why isn't anyone penciling in MW as the new LT? After all, he was drafted to play that position eventually. For the money he is making, he HAS to be able to make that transition.

If he can, then all TD has to do is find a RT (cheaper and easier to come by). If no one else is signed I am willing to bet MW ends up at LT well before Teague.

Why isn't anyone penciling in MW as the new LT? After all, he was drafted to play that position eventually. For the money he is making, he HAS to be able to make that transition.

If he can, then all TD has to do is find a RT (cheaper and easier to come by). If no one else is signed I am willing to bet MW ends up at LT well before Teague.

264559[/snapback]

I agree with you 100% on this entire statement.

I agree with you 100% on this entire statement.

264561[/snapback]

Thanks ;)

I just can't figure out why more people aren't realizing the Bills already have inked their new LT, and his name is Mike Williams.

He has to be given a shot at LT, otherwise he needs to take a major paycut.

Anyone know if tackle Oliver Ross from the Steelers got signed by anyone yet?

264564[/snapback]

I haven't heard his name mentioned...but I couldn't find anything saying he was or was not signed yet.

(basically, I'm useless) ;)

Quite honestly I never saw Teague play ot for Denver, at all.  I don't really know what kind of a player he was there or how he faired at that position.  It would be interesting to look up his stats from that period just to see how well he really did.

Anyone here have access here to that kind of archeived information?

Here ya go: http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/player...=4429&Submit=Go

He gave up 11.25 sacks in his first, and only, full season at LT in 2001. However he was still recovering from a torn ACL suffered in the 2nd game of the 2000 season, and ACL's take at least 2 years for a full recovery. It's still a red flag that he gave up that many sacks, but Denver/Gibbs felt he had promise before his injury.

264559[/snapback]

I agree and hope you are correct. A $9M cap hit for a RT is ridiculous.

Do people not remember that Trey Teague was BAD at LT when he played it a few years ago in Denver? 

And yes, I think that if TD fails to get Shelton, there is a stronger push to re-sign Marcus Price as long as he's healthy.

264540[/snapback]

He was also bad at center when he first got here. I think McNally has really helped him improve. Line could have Williams at L-tackle & Teague at R-tackle.