The Defense since week 5

JPicc2114

56 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Yes this is one important metric still in our favor despite other trending downwards (i.e. yards allowed, sacks, etc.)

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

IMO, the most important stat on that list is points per game and we're tied for 5th there.

5th overall.  1st to 18th.   They went from 13pts a game to 23pts per game.. in line with the defensive regression

Edited by Mr. Negative

2 hours ago, JM57 said:

McCown did not have a good game overall, but he was efficient. 14/20 for 140 and a TD. As others mentioned he mostly took advantage of the gaps in the zone and exploited the weaknesses of the LBs. Other than the TD throw to Anderson they really didn't push downfield much and even that was only 25 yards

McCown didn’t have to do much since they put up nearly 200 rushing yards on us. All he needed to do was not make mistakes and ride a good running game and defense. 

Just now, Bangarang said:

McCown didn’t have to do much since they put up nearly 200 rushing yards on us. All he needed to do was not make mistakes and ride a good running game and defense. 

The point is that 140 yards on 14 completions isn't great (10 yards per). He didn't have to be great, of course. He dinked and dunked where needed to keep the ball moving. Their "deep shot" was a 25 yd TD to Anderson. Without that, it was 8.84 yards per completion (13 completions, 115 yards)

1 minute ago, JM57 said:

The point is that 140 yards on 14 completions isn't great (10 yards per). He didn't have to be great, of course. He dinked and dunked where needed to keep the ball moving. Their "deep shot" was a 25 yd TD to Anderson. Without that, it was 8.84 yards per completion (13 completions, 115 yards)

I wasn’t disagreeing with you. Just adding to what you said.

Edited by Bangarang

As others have said, Gaines missing time is important, then consider missing Poyer and Hyde for one game I believe and Poyer for a few games....additionally, they were doing well against the run until the Jets, so I think the passing game was overcompensating for lacking in the run department, meaning more pass attempts and facing AJ Green, Mike Evans and company, and the Raiders were playing catch up most of the game after the first drive....again, not making excuses, the pass D needs to be better but as noted above injuries and game plan play a part. JMO

2 hours ago, Sherman said:

I think the biggest thing here is the NFL has tapes of what the new Bills regime wants to do. They always say with Rookies or new coaches once the NFL has tape they’ll catch up to you. Once they do it’s up to you to grow and adjust. 

I think McDermott is doing a good job but we can’t afford any more injuries and need to play flawless football for this team to have a chance to win. 

This what makes Belicheck such a witch. He adjusts and flips the script every week. We're going to have to mix it up. Show a few more blitzes or 5 man fronts with zo. We have to generate more pressure or this fast start will dissolve real fast.

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Our LB corps is as weak as everyone thought it would be. It’s become a major liability in the run and pass game. Lorenzo Alexander shouldn’t be dropping into coverage at this point in his career.

This is just another misstep by this regime ;  why the LA Rams pick up prime assets ie : offensive minded head coach ; Sammy Watkins to change the losing  culture there we miss the chance to get our franchise QB at 10 , get rid of every young asset available  keep as many old not as talented  players on the ruse of culture change.    dermitt/beane  was a middle of the road DC /novice asst GM and they are right on que..... only thing I can say about this regime is that they look more  like me and the Pelugas.     they are not here on the merit but because the pelugas are more comfy talking with that look like us.....Boy Houston  you  look totally different when your franchise QB get hurt. I wish you look more like the pelugas they would have signed off on drafting  you in a NY second     

51 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

This is just another misstep by this regime ;  why the LA Rams pick up prime assets ie : offensive minded head coach ; Sammy Watkins to change the losing  culture there we miss the chance to get our franchise QB at 10 , get rid of every young asset available  keep as many old not as talented  players on the ruse of culture change.    dermitt/beane  was a middle of the road DC /novice asst GM and they are right on que..... only thing I can say about this regime is that they look more  like me and the Pelugas.     they are not here on the merit but because the pelugas are more comfy talking with that look like us.....Boy Houston  you  look totally different when your franchise QB get hurt. I wish you look more like the pelugas they would have signed off on drafting  you in a NY second     

Sorry?