Thoughts and prayers to those in Texas

mead107

Honestly, I love the fact that we, as Americans, are allowed to own guns. If you really aren't sure about US gun laws, check out some of the Cartel videos.

"Cold dead hands..."

Hope the families find closure in the fact the scumbag has been removed from the human population pool.

*This guy shouldn't have been allowed to buy a gun. I guess the USAF misfiled a paper which allowed him to buy? Idk...

Edited by Paulus

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

How pathetic of a human sack of schitt must you be to post something like this so quickly after the event?

Why, it's almost like you love to see children murdered by gun-toting nutbags because because their deaths give you the perfect opportunity to comment about the phucking gun lobby.

Seriously, man. You are one completely phucked up idiot.

Take it easy on the poor fellow. He's just glad for the deaths so that he can get a good belly laugh from gator.

22 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

Prayers don't seem to be working since this is happening in houses of prayer. God must be tired of us asking him to solve our problems because too many are afraid to stand up to the gun lobby.

We're open to suggestions.  You're hand wringing solves nothing. 

22 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I think some gun laws would work better than prayers if you are actually interested in stopping scores of innocent people from being killed every 6 weeks in this country by a nut with a gun.

But it's no big deal; happens all the time; as as society we are obviously OK with it as we continually do nothing about it.  This will blow over in a few days.

Enjoy your Sunday night.

Some gun laws?  Such as.....?

17 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I heard on the radio, on my drive home from work, that this was the 377th mass-shooting in the US this year.

They said a mass-shooting is when at least 4 people have been shot.

Friggin' nuts.

they now classify mass shootings as something bizarre.  the real numbers seem to indicate it's lower than normal - oddly when you take out vegas.  but those are not easy to track

17 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I heard on the radio, on my drive home from work, that this was the 377th mass-shooting in the US this year.

They said a mass-shooting is when at least 4 people have been shot.

Friggin' nuts.

they now classify mass shootings as something bizarre.  the real numbers seem to indicate it's lower than normal - oddly when you take out vegas.  but those are not easy to track

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Praise the lord!!! 

@DC Tom

does tagging work in PP?  test.  test.  syllabus.  syllabus.

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

How pathetic of a human sack of schitt must you be to post something like this so quickly after the event?

Why, it's almost like you love to see children murdered by gun-toting nutbags because because their deaths give you the perfect opportunity to comment about the phucking gun lobby.

Seriously, man. You are one completely phucked up idiot.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Take it easy on the poor fellow. He's just glad for the deaths so that he can get a good belly laugh from gator.

You guys are just as bad when you accuse someone of wanting people murdered. It's moronic. The purpose of the thread is to talk about it. Not just offer condolences to families who don't even know you exist.

the narrative now is blaming the air force for failing to notify authorities about his past and not being allowed a gun

odd how they're going to blame them but when an illegal, radical or other such thing no one is to blame even though the FBI knew about them.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

You guys are just as bad when you accuse someone of wanting people murdered. It's moronic. The purpose of the thread is to talk about it. Not just offer condolences to families who don't even know you exist.

stop saying "you guys"

and no the porpoise of this thread is to take a moment to realize sadness.  there is a thread on gun control already.  post there.  and no, there isn't one !@#$ against the second amendment that should be express their snowflake ideas

7 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

No matter what the numbers are, I think we all agree it's too many.

How do we spread love and respect more thoroughly throughout the ranks of society? It starts with our leaders national and local. Create policies and provide funding where it's needed to allow helpful organizations reach their community. In general, that's how it's done, right?

Just now, LeGOATski said:

How do we spread love and respect more thoroughly throughout the ranks of society? It starts with our leaders national and local. Create policies and provide funding where it's needed to allow helpful organizations reach their community. In general, that's how it's done, right?

1) no we dont' all agree.  tons of people posted that country music fans deserve it.  i disagree, only modern day country music "artists" deserve it.

2) we love and respect it by not focusing on it and making sure a tranny can **** next to your wife tomorrow - ya know, the important issues.

3) THERE ARE, THERE WERE, AND THERE WILL ALWAYS BE POLICIES TO STOP THESE THINGS.  THEY'RE GOING TO HAPPEN BECAUSE THEY'RE GOING TO HAPPEN

We just don't change the Constitution because of some butt hurt feelings and people getting hurt.  its one of 3 things you don't do:

1) don't go chasing waterfalls

2) don't go up on wolverton mountain

3) don't change the constitution.

but, seriously, who could we have funded to have prevented this?  planned parenthood?  the national association of marlon brando look alikes? RAINBOW PUSH?  the antifa?

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

You don't understand the dynamics here. Gator (Tiberius) laughed at the deaths in Benghazi, and then defended himself after receiving criticism.

8 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

stop saying "you guys"

and no the porpoise of this thread is to take a moment to realize sadness.  there is a thread on gun control already.  post there.  and no, there isn't one !@#$ against the second amendment that should be express their snowflake ideas

"realize sadness"...alrighty then.

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

1) no we dont' all agree.  tons of people posted that country music fans deserve it.  i disagree, only modern day country music "artists" deserve it.

2) we love and respect it by not focusing on it and making sure a tranny can **** next to your wife tomorrow - ya know, the important issues.

3) THERE ARE, THERE WERE, AND THERE WILL ALWAYS BE POLICIES TO STOP THESE THINGS.  THEY'RE GOING TO HAPPEN BECAUSE THEY'RE GOING TO HAPPEN

We just don't change the Constitution because of some butt hurt feelings and people getting hurt.  its one of 3 things you don't do:

1) don't go chasing waterfalls

2) don't go up on wolverton mountain

3) don't change the constitution.

but, seriously, who could we have funded to have prevented this?  planned parenthood?  the national association of marlon brando look alikes? RAINBOW PUSH?  the antifa?

On a serious note, it's obviously a hard question to answer and execute. I think it's obvious that more gun laws aren't the answer, though. We see terrorist attacks in other countries with stricter gun laws than our own.

Side note: thanks for keeping the conversation going in a thread you believe the conversation shouldn't be in. :lol:

Maybe we should ban marriage so that no one has a mother-in-law.

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Historically that's been in the purview of the church (religion in general). Policy and "funding" have nothing to do with creating love and respect.

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You don't understand the dynamics here. Gator (Tiberius) laughed at the deaths in Benghazi, and then defended himself after receiving criticism.

He does seem like an immature person from what I've seen in this thread alone.

At least the  first response I quoted seemed to come from a sincere place. That type of reply, while trying to seem genuine, comes off as fake and stupid to me.

23 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

They're conservative Christians from Texas.  Lots of people think they're Nazis and want them murdered.

That's putting it mildly. 

Most of us have him on ignore.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Historically that's been in the purview of the church (religion in general). Policy and "funding" have nothing to do with creating love and respect.

The church is one agent for it, sure. It's too polarizing, though. Religion is losing it's foothold in society, from what I can tell.

At least the  first response I quoted seemed to come from a sincere place. That type of reply, while trying to seem genuine, comes off as fake and stupid to me.

I personally have two choices when dealing with gator. I either ignore him or mock him.