Hughes and composure

That would piss me off too. Nothing is that smelly.

I'd love to find out what actually happened. He didn't touch the ref. Obviously it was for verbal abuse. I just don't think you call it at that point in the game. Unless he had been strongly we warned and then did it again anyway.

chris brown said he was shouting F bombs at the refs, was warned, kept doing it, got flagged. Said he had it coming the whole game with how he was reacting.

Hughes loses control from time to time on the field, but I fail to see how that makes him a douche.

Yep. He's the kind of guy you just live with the good and bad and try to lessen the bad. He actually comes across as a smart, great guy off the field. Yesterday was really dumb though. We made the stop.

Anyone saying this is an overreaction, I say this is just another example of him blowing up in frustration and helping the defense to self-destruct.  This isn't a one time event, he's done this many times in the past.  Does McDermott put up with it or try to fix it with him?  Jerry Hughes will be 30 going into next year with one of the largest contracts on the team.  I think they'd rather use it on someone with composure that can help lead a defense back to playing well even after a series of poor plays.  He seems to do the opposite and melts down only hurting the team.  To me, that doesn't fit the process.  JMO

Honestly, the issue with Hughes is both a positive and a negative for him.  He is a very emotional player.  It works in our favor when he and/or the defense is having a good game, it fuels him and sometimes can seem unblockable.  But it works against us when there are struggles and frustration comes into play.  He seems to really let it both affect his play when he is frustrated and also make stupid and costly mistakes that cost us bad penalties.  

When he is on, he is a beast.  But with the amount of money he is making, he better keep his head together most of the remainder of the season because this regime has shown little tolerance for things like this.  And we all know they aren't afraid to get rid of players once they get in the dog house or they feel don't fit what they want here.  

I will say this though, for as bad of a mistake as it was Thursday, he has really cut down on the stupidity this year.  Not like under Rex and even Marrone where he seemed like a guy you could pencil in for at least 5 to 7 really stupid head case penalties that were really costly a year.  I think the bigger issue with him is going to be consistency with the contract size he has.  I don't think his roster spot is currently in danger, but I do think he needs to be more consistence to really be on solid ground this offseason.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

On 11/2/2017 at 10:54 PM, Buffalo30 said:

This has become a reoccurring thing with him. He makes big penalties in big games. To me, they will be looking for his replacement soon. Those penalties are unacceptable.

I think this is his 1st, maybe 2nd PF all year. 

So yeah he needs to be replaced?

Back the Truck up man!

23 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hughes loses control from time to time on the field, but I fail to see how that makes him a douche.

I think name calling is hardly appropriate.

Jerry plays 110% gets held nearly every play. Yes watch.

and he HATES to lose.

I like this fellow on the Bills.

Was behind him in the grocery line one early morning at Wegs in Fairport. Buying feminine  products. No douche though ( i hate that word )