Once and for all...is the TY LAW RUMOR TRUE?

Rudyc80

Now to be fair...nobody really saw the holcomb signing in the works so it wouldnt be a suprise to just see an announcement saying we signed Law.

however i was just curous if anyone knew for sure wether he was in town and meeting with TD today?

Now to be fair...nobody really saw the holcomb signing in the works so it wouldnt be a suprise to just see an announcement saying we signed Law.

however i was just curous if anyone knew for sure wether he was in town and meeting with TD today?

263995[/snapback]

There's been rumblings for the past week. Sirius Radio confirmed it on one of their talk shows.

There's also speculation from a couple members on different boards that they mentioned it on ESPN. Ty Law himself has said that Lawyer has been courting him.

Honestly, I think there's too much speculation for it not to be true.

There's been rumblings for the past week. Sirius Radio confirmed it on one of their talk shows.

There's also speculation from a couple members on different boards that they mentioned it on ESPN. Ty Law himself has said that Lawyer has been courting him.

Honestly, I think there's too much speculation for it not to be true.

264014[/snapback]

Heres another link confirming TY LAW is only intrerested in 2 teams the colts and the JETS

http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcn...2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

I still dont understand why the Bills would even WANT Ty Law, so I'm assuming the rumor is false.

264032[/snapback]

The scenario I envision would be for the Bills to sign Law, then trade Nate to try to get back into the first round of the draft. Ty still has plenty left in the tank. By the time he's ready to slow down Terrence will be our shutdown guy anyways.

The scenario I envision would be for the Bills to sign Law, then trade Nate to try to get back into the first round of the draft.  Ty still has plenty left in the tank.  By the time he's ready to slow down Terrence will be our shutdown guy anyways.

264039[/snapback]

Let me get this straight you want us to sign a 30 year old and CB trade our proven 25 year old back for an unproven first round pick????????? I think that is completely unwise. Ty law would be a great compliment to Clements but not his replacement.

Heres another link confirming TY LAW is only intrerested in 2 teams the colts and the JETS

http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcn...2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

264029[/snapback]

Pardon me, I've only been reading for about 30 years, could you quote for me where in that story anything is mentioned about "confirming TY LAW is only interested in 2 teams".

The scenario I envision would be for the Bills to sign Law, then trade Nate to try to get back into the first round of the draft.  Ty still has plenty left in the tank.  By the time he's ready to slow down Terrence will be our shutdown guy anyways.

264039[/snapback]

Trading Nate to get back into the first round makes no sense at all. We spent a first round draft pick on him, waited years for the guy to finally get to the pro-bowl level, only to trade him for a fresh rookie so we have to wait a few more years to get 1st round production out of him? Nate isn't going anywhere. If he has another season like he did this year they'll drop the franchise tag on him next year.

I know that I dunno.

After all these years of following sports I like to speculate on what our teams would be like with certain players but I've learned that if you hear about a trade and it doesn't go down within a few hours it'll rarely happen.

Not only do I not want to trade Nate, who really came on as a complete player the second half of the year, and I was always one of his biggest critics... BUT... please tell me of a team that is going to trade something of value for him that still has 17 million bonus money and 40 million to sign him to an extension. They're surely not going to trade a #1 for a guy with one year on his contract only to see him walk looking for the best deal.

Trading Nate to get back into the first round makes no sense at all.  We spent a first round draft pick on him, waited years for the guy to finally get to the pro-bowl level, only to trade him for a fresh rookie so we have to wait a few more years to get 1st round production out of him?  Nate isn't going anywhere.  If he has another season like he did this year they'll drop the franchise tag on him next year.

264192[/snapback]

I don't think that trading Nate is the plan by any means, but I think that he has played very good football for the Bills since his rookie year. His improvement has been gradual, because he was good from the start. It's not like a Drew Brees situation where he sucked for a few years, then bloomed.

They've gotten a lot of on-field production out of Nate and if they signed Law, then traded Nate for a 1st round pick then that would make sense. This years draft is strong at CB. Very simply, that option beats not getting Law, then losing Nate for nothing in FA. Using TD logic, Law is a player who is open to negotiation at this point and Nate might not be, and he could conceivably feel Clements is as good as gone after next season.

It's all speculation based on nothing we've heard, but it does make sense and it isn't uncommon for TD to surprise fans with unexpected moves.

Not only do I not want to trade Nate, who really came on as a complete player the second half of the year, and I was always one of his biggest critics... BUT... please tell me of a team that is going to trade something of value for him that still has 17 million bonus money and 40 million to sign him to an extension. They're surely not going to trade a #1 for a guy with one year on his contract only to see him walk looking for the best deal.

264208[/snapback]

minnesota vikings?

Trading Nate to get back into the first round makes no sense at all.  We spent a first round draft pick on him, waited years for the guy to finally get to the pro-bowl level, only to trade him for a fresh rookie so we have to wait a few more years to get 1st round production out of him?  Nate isn't going anywhere.  If he has another season like he did this year they'll drop the franchise tag on him next year.

264192[/snapback]

The only reason I suggest this is because Nate is an UFA after this coming season and chances are we are gonna have to let him go because you know the price range is going to be outreagous. Why not bring Ty Law in (also proven I'm sure you would agree), and trade Nate away for a first round pick, and then when Ty is ready to step down in 4-5 years, Mcgee will be ready or already at elite status as a CB.