Brandon Beane Presser to Address the Benjamin Trade

@salmaiorana

Brandon Beane is expected to be out shortly. Will broadcast live at http://www.facebook.com/DemocratandChronicle

10-31: Brandon Beane Press Conference (10:55)

General Manager Brandon Beane addressed the media after agreeing to acquire WR Kelvin Benjamin from the Carolina Panthers.

10-31: Brandon Beane talks trade deadline with Schopp and the Bulldog (9:57)

11-1: Bills GM Brandon Beane with Howard and Jeremy (12:48)

11-1: Bills GM Brandon Beane on the John Murphy Show (9:34)

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JonScottTV

"You're always looking to make a move to win today and win tomorrow and I think this answers both of those." - #Bills GM Brandon Beane

@MatthewFairburn

Brandon Beane said he was deeply involved in the scouting of Kelvin Benjamin while in Carolina.

@viccarucci

#Bills GM Brandon Beane on Kelvin Benjamin: "I know him well. He's tough, a blue-collar kid. He'll fit in well here."

@WGR550

Beane- Size, and experience, excellent hands. When he's covered. He's still open. He's not a speed guy. He'll win the contested balls.

@ChrisBrownBills

Beane: not sure if he'll suit up Thursday night. That's up to Coach McDermott. #Bills

@viccarucci

Beane: "I was involved w talks w a lot of people, going back to Marcell (deal). Don't want to get into that." #Bills (Question on Martavis Bryant)

@viccarucci

Beane on #Bills' 5-2 start factoring into Benjamin trade: "If you're 0-7, I'm not sure you're giving up a pick."

@SalSports

Beane confirms that the 7th the Bills gave up is the one they got from Chargers for Cardale Jones.

@ChrisBrownBills

Beane: once we inherit his 5th year option we have ability to renegotiate it and extend Kelvin if we choose to go that route. #Bills

@WGR550

Beane- Every trade is pending a physical, so we'll make sure he is healthy. Carolina assured us his knee is fine. He's played in every game.

This trade legitimizes his "win now and in the future" stuff...I actually believe he wants to win now, now.

Love this trade. Loved Kelvin out of college. Love it. Love it. Love it.

PS: He did look fat as hell early in camp but I think he's slimmed donw.

Hes not my favorite but hes a good option. Id rather pay sammy but at least we aggressively addressed the hole.

So it ends up being:

Sammy, cardale and a 3

For Benjamin, Gaines and a 2

I think the add ons make up for the drop from Sammy to KB

Edited by NoSaint

Beane also said he was the top rated on his board when they drafted. Said he had a middle first round grade on him

Will fly in tonight

Locker room and coaches will love him

Is excited to come here and fresh start

Surprised- that means he had a late first or lower on sammy?

If so I think that likely explains the trade in August more than attitude. Would be very insightful into what his prototype wr is.