Thoughts On The Game With a Non-Vague Title

boyst

tyrod taylor needs to move up in the pocket. dropping back further eliminates his opportunity to run. he did this prior years, but he is not doing it this year. i do not understand that.

while we seem to be finding ways to misuse mccoy we are finding ways to use tolbert

2:30 1st q, 1st and 20. i am going to watch the all22 on this game, and this play here after the holding play was huge for how we need to paly.

also wanna watch that 1st play after the two minute drive

preston brown is really being put in positions to succeed. he's not a bad player but he needs to be allowed to play his type of game. rex ryan had him thinking and reading too much. he is capable of playing across the field when given freedom as we saw today on the pbu.

when the defenses crowd the line we do not get big runs. we do not get big runs because we do not have the power on the line to own it.

if we want the big run we have to set it up. this isn't just in play action. this was done today to set up big plays and we could have had more. several wr's were able to get open deep due to oaklands inability to play deep and lack of quality at the safety position. taylor may get a poor grade because of this.

did anyone else notice dimarco? it's part of what is happening on the offensive line. our offensive line is not great - our offensive line is quite literally poor. we are not a strong unit, we are an athletic unit that is overachieving. yes, overachieving. but, through more and more reps dimarco and the blocking schemes are getting better and mccoy is obviously learning to read the blocks we're making better. we definitely need a solid hole pounder to get in there and do the things mccoy cannot do. but dimarco has been getting better and better every week and no one seems to be noticing.

play calling = no play action. saw many comments on why we didn't run this. i will confirm, this will be the first game i watch the all22 on all season. but, there was no need to use play actions today. they weren' tgoing to make a difference with the way oakland only kept one safety deep and used a lot of odd coverages. there was no consistency on oaklands schemes to dictate play action would have definitely worked. ground and pound worked.

capital letters are very hard. punctuation is for loosers. spell check is not my friend.

Edited by Boyst62

tyrod taylor needs to move up in the pocket. dropping back further eliminates his opportunity to run. he did this prior years, but he is not doing it this year. i do not understand that.
while we seem to be finding ways to misuse mccoy we are finding ways to use tolbert
2:30 1st q, 1st and 20. i am going to watch the all22 on this game, and this play here after the holding play was huge for how we need to paly.
also wanna watch that 1st play after the two minute drive
preston brown is really being put in positions to succeed. he's not a bad player but he needs to be allowed to play his type of game. rex ryan had him thinking and reading too much. he is capable of playing across the field when given freedom as we saw today on the pbu.
when the defenses crowd the line we do not get big runs. we do not get big runs because we do not have the power on the line to own it.
if we want the big run we have to set it up. this isn't just in play action. this was done today to set up big plays and we could have had more. several wr's were able to get open deep due to oaklands inability to play deep and lack of quality at the safety position. taylor may get a poor grade because of this.
did anyone else notice dimarco? it's part of what is happening on the offensive line. our offensive line is not great - our offensive line is quite literally poor. we are not a strong unit, we are an athletic unit that is overachieving. yes, overachieving. but, through more and more reps dimarco and the blocking schemes are getting better and mccoy is obviously learning to read the blocks we're making better. we definitely need a solid hole pounder to get in there and do the things mccoy cannot do. but dimarco has been getting better and better every week and no one seems to be noticing.
play calling = no play action. saw many comments on why we didn't run this. i will confirm, this will be the first game i watch the all22 on all season. but, there was no need to use play actions today. they weren' tgoing to make a difference with the way oakland only kept one safety deep and used a lot of odd coverages. there was no consistency on oaklands schemes to dictate play action would have definitely worked. ground and pound worked.
capital letters are very hard. punctuation is for loosers. spell check is not my friend.

Great observations (as usual), but what is this looseness of which you speak???

Well shady had 150+ rushing yards. Also, I believe the o-line is improving not overachieving. New coaches are learning how to use their big guys.

you're more of an optometrist than I am. I haven't seen any consistency to believe in success vs just getting a few things right occasionally

you're more of an optometrist than I am. I haven't seen any consistency to believe in success vs just getting a few things right occasionally

Well you probably couldnt recognize consistent improvement even if it was occurring so what was your point?

Did we lose today?

I tried to reply but the thread was closed. The game is never over until it's over. I'm still cautiously waiting on calling this a win

Well you probably couldnt recognize consistent improvement even if it was occurring so what was your point?

spend more time here and you'll realize I know football and am actually pretty samrt

It's easy to look over things when the team is winning because well, they're winning. If you're a Bills fan you'll take an ugly win over a competent loss any day of the week. 17 years of futility will do that. I'm glad we won but there were a few miscues we all see. The one that stood out to me was the long completion to Holmes down the side line. If Tyrod throws that inside it's a walk in TD but it ended up being a toe tapping difficult catch because it was outside. FG instead of TD, more points left on the field. Still glad we won.

I tried to reply but the thread was closed. The game is never over until it's over. I'm still cautiously waiting on calling this a win

spend more time here and you'll realize I know football and am actually pretty samrt

Been here for years and both those statements are false.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read.

The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Why are we not doing more play-action and more screens.

It's like they're hoping to run Shady up the middle every run play............and everyone in the stadium knows what plays is coming.

a play action causes the safety to bite. When Oakland was backing their free safety up 15+ yards off the LOS a play action isn't going to do much.

Quick timing routes were missing today. Quick outs and timing to Zay Jones is obviously off the table because he's not doing well. Why Matthews wasn't targeted more - per the broadcast viewing - I am more concerned than play action

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read.

The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

fixed it for ya boss

I think you are just used to the coaching staff not being able to make adjustments. Well now our coaching staff seems to be able to do so. After the bye, Shady has two solid rushing performances and the o-line looks better. There has been better protection for Taylor of later too. The team is learning itself and figuring out what works. Don't know what you're looking at but this is how I see things. Teams/players can actually improve throughout a season. I believe that's what our o-line and run game is doing.

I dunno man...this is the same line that blew open holes in the run game Mack trucks could drive through 6 times a game last year...I find it hard to believe they suddenly went from Maulers leading the league in rushing to below average.

I think they just have not adapted well to the outside zone concepts and its been obvious they are calling more run plays like last year the past 2 weeks and look at the results...

Edited by matter2003

The one stat that stood out to me was that he's worst in the league in taking the longest amount of time before releasing the ball, that could be a plus for our offensive line play, but I feel it's more indicative of Tyrod's hesitation to throw the ball confidently. I also think the QB run sentiment has to go, it only gets him sacked more and all it takes it one tackle for him to be gone for the season. hes a QB not a RB.