2018 salary cap & draft asset update

YoloinOhio

@christrapasso

Assuming $178M cap in '18, #Bills currently set to have around $39M in cap space & around $50M with extra '17 money carrying over.

#Bills have 10 picks in the '18 draft. 2 picks in RD1, RD2, RD3, and possibly RD5. If not extra in RD5, 1 in RD6). One pick in RD4 & RD7.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@christrapasso

Assuming $178M cap in '18, #Bills currently set to have around $39M in cap space & around $50M with extra '17 money carrying over.

#Bills have 10 picks in the '18 draft. 2 picks in RD1, RD2, RD3, and possibly RD5. If not extra in RD5, 1 in RD6). One pick in RD4 & RD7.

Color me impressed that Beane was able to fix the cap within six months. I for one don't think they will move Glenn, as he will be a very reasonably-priced LT over the last couple years of his contract. He will probably need to do something about Clay's contract though.

Color me impressed that Beane was able to fix the cap within six months. I for one don't think they will move Glenn, as he will be a very reasonably-priced LT over the last couple years of his contract. He will probably need to do something about Clay's contract though.

with the recent TE signings around the league, Clays isnt bad imo. Especially if he continues performing like he was before he got hurt.

I will say the same for Glenns. The contract is market value for him, and hes had no off field issues to complicate things.

In addition to the draft picks I expect them to add no less than 4 Carolina Panthers players. This will be McBeane's players next year. Out with the old and in with the new

I anticipate adding a premier DT who they feel fits the proc... well you know.

Star Lotuleilei

Likely two of those guys will be gone after this year...

They are going to at least restructure 1 or 2 of those contracts. If all of those players finish strong they could do a lot of restructuring to keep players for another year while also adding some more cap space in 2018. I think Clay and Hughes are the most likely to be cut or take a restructure. Clay is finally coming of age but he might be banged up which might limit his production the rest of the season. Hughes is a good player but isn't a dominant player. If he fades a little down the stretch or gets hurt they might persuade him to take a restructure that still pays him well but cuts a little off the top to save some space.

Shady, Tyrod, and Glenn are more likely to finish the season strong and have a better position to refuse a restructure.

Spot on, Cap has been corrected in six months and piled up a ton of draft stock.

Lets not forgot that this team is 4-2 and competing for the division or a wild card spot. Seems like someone is doing a good job over at obd.