10-23: McDermott & Coordinator Monday Pressers

@SalSports

Bills HC Sean McDermott set to address the media at 1 PM. Hear it live on @WGR550 and follow along here for quotes.

HC Sean McDermott talks about injury updates, approaching each week as though there's something to prove and more.

OC Rick Dennison discusses offensive play selection, the play of Tyrod Taylor against Tampa Bay and more.
DC Leslie Frazier discusses the overall performance from the defense against Tampa Bay.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott says both safety Jordan Poyer and cornerback EJ Gaines are both day-to-day. Knee injury for Poyer.

@MatthewFairburn

Sean McDermott said "early signs are positive" with Jordan Poyer's injury.

@ChrisBrownBills

McDermott: said he met with GM Beane about roster & talked about numbers at CB in light of injuries at position. #Bills

@MatthewFairburn

Sean McDermott on the schedule: "I know what type of schedule this is. It’s a tough, competitive schedule. A lot of big tests ahead."

@JaySkurski

#Bills currently have 8 members of the secondary on the roster. Even if they are all healthy, that could be considered low by NFL standards.

@JoeBuscaglia

Sean McDermott cracked a huge smile when told that Micah Hyde said that the #Bills are like a band of misfits. He genuinely loves this team.

@MatthewFairburn

Sean McDermott on struggles in pass defense: "It is a concern. I don't take those things lightly."

@JonahJavad

Sean McDermott on types of players they bring in: "We want a certain type of DNA. That [players] care." #Bills @WGRZ

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott on if Deonte Thompson will see more playing time: We'll take it one day at a time. Tyrod has a lot of trust in DT

@MatthewFairburn

Sean McDermott: "Cordy (Glenn) felt good during the game. I thought he played extremely well."

@buffalobills

McDermott: “This team plays with a lot of heart. Our guys are playing extremely hard for each other and unified in everything they do.”

DM1rxHDWkAAUUC6.jpg

@Nick_Wojton

McDermott: Liked what he saw from Marcell Dareus, specifically, at the defensive tackle position #Bills

@JaySkurski

McDermott says Shaq Lawson's playing time (season-low 30 snaps) was simply a part of the rotation along the defensive line. #Bills

@JonahJavad

McDermott on maintaining consistent effort on offense & defense: "To stay balanced, we need to strive for that in practice." #Bills @WGRZ

@JaySkurski

McDermott: "All along, we've said we're building a team. We're not tanking." #Bills

@buffalobills

McDermott: “I can’t tell you how much we appreciate our fans. This is a tough place for opponents to come in and play.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott said all the preseason tanking talk has turned his team into an underdog feeling each and every week.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/922515867639873536/pu/vid/1280x720/pucmTAEW61mVpqcu.mp4

Hope we can find some decent CB talent. This is a few games in a row where we've had depth issues. Thought they would address it over the break, but low key PS moves aren't gonna cut it. We need a guy that can be activated on a weekly basis. Any trade candidates out there that anyone knows of?

Hope we can find some decent CB talent. This is a few games in a row where we've had depth issues. Thought they would address it over the break, but low key PS moves aren't gonna cut it. We need a guy that can be activated on a weekly basis. Any trade candidates out there that anyone knows of?

Not sure about trades but there are still some 'name' FA's out on the market including Revis and Sam Shields (former teamate of Hyde in GB).

At this point both are probably semi retired our waiting for a big payday from a desperate team.

Not sure about trades but there are still some 'name' FA's out on the market including Revis and Sam Shields (former teamate of Hyde in GB).

At this point both are probably semi retired our waiting for a big payday from a desperate team.

I wouldn't mind going after those guys, but aren't they primarily man-man guys? That may be why we haven't looked in their direction. Do you know of any zone type DBs out there in the FA pool?

Sounds like good news on the injury front if both Poyer and Gaines are 'day to day' vs 'week to week'.

Still not sure either will play this week though but the news could have been much worse.

One thing we all know, if there is any bad news to be had by this team, no one will deliver that news faster than you will. Even if it's not bad news, you'll find a way to go all Eeyore over it.

"Well. Looks like the Bills won. Not a real quality win, though. Probably gonna lose the rest. Oh, bother."

I wouldn't mind going after those guys, but aren't they primarily man-man guys? That may be why we haven't looked in their direction. Do you know of any zone type DBs out there in the FA pool?

Honestly, I think Shields could play zone. We all know that Revis can't. He's just not the same player.

Honestly, I think Shields could play zone. We all know that Revis can't. He's just not the same player.

True, about Revis. I don't know too much about Shields other than announcers raving about his coverage skills before the injury bug hit him. Either way, we need a guy or two to add depth back there.

All of those games were decided by 3 points or less... guess I won't be able to relax for the next 3 weeks.

Nope. There will be no relaxing over this time period.

The Raiders feel rejuvenated after beating the Chiefs.

The Jets are tougher than a lot of people thought.

The Saints have come back to life and are now in the division hunt.

The Chargers have won 3 in a row, and if you look at their 4 losses, they weren't getting blown out in every game.

The Chiefs, despite back-to-back losses, are still one of the top teams in the league.

That doesn't mean that the Bills are in trouble. They have shown that they can play with any team and come out victorious.

I'm not saying that the Bills will win all of these games, but they will be very competitive against all of them. I know that McDermott will have them ready.

@JaySkurski

#Bills offensive coordinator Rick Dennison said Tyrod Taylor did a good job of escaping defenders when Tampa Bay used a spy on him.

@MatthewFairburn

Rick Dennison on the offense coming through in the clutch: "That's our job. We expect to do it every time."

@SalSports

Rick Dennison: "We tried to narrow down the running game to exactly what was best for our team....we had some discussions (with players)"

@MatthewFairburn

Rick Dennison on Zay Jones: "There's not a play where he's not busting his tail."

@JaySkurski

Rick Dennison says Tyrod Taylor wants him to coach from the sidelines because he likes the interaction they can have. #Bills

@SalSports

Dennison said the Bills used some variance in cadence because of how good Gerald McCoy's get-off is.

@Nick_Wojton

Dennison on Tyrod's mindset late in the game: Tyrod's mind was on winning the game.. 1st one to talk to Shady post fumble #Bills

The one thing that McDermott does that I don't understand is only dressing 4 corners on game day...

That's hardly enough for a dime package...

If one goes down it can be really bad but if 2 goes down it's catastrophic... you can't play in the NFL with only 2-3 corners

The one thing that McDermott does that I don't understand is only dressing 4 corners on game day...

That's hardly enough for a dime package...

If one goes down it can be really bad but if 2 goes down it's catastrophic... you can't play in the NFL with only 2-3 corners

I'm guessing they're factoring in both Hyde's and Poyer's ability to matchup as former CBs that moved to Safety.