Why is Dareus not in on passing downs?

Talent really is the great equalizer. Mcdermott doesnt seem like a guy to hold a grudge. If coming off the Bye Daures dominated like he can he would be here and he would play more. Its not like Daures is out of hope or the ship is sailed. Sure its getting close. Mcdermott would much rather have a mature dominate Daures than a guy he has to cut because he isnt living up to his contract.

Id rather have a dominate Dareus. Its just infuriating that this guy bitched about lack of respect during contract negotiations and then all he does after he gets his deal is disrespects this organization and fans with his blatant laziness. He could be one of the most dominant defenders in this league and this defense would be even better because of it. Its a shame. Total waste of god given talent.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dareus is not playing at anywhere near his potential, but I'm not sure limited snaps is doing anything more than making him resentful. I'd try the opposite approach. Get in his face and get him excited. I thought Mr. Beane's very public criticism was ill advised. I don't think Marcell's heart will ever be in it again as long as this current staff is in place. Maybe I'm wrong, but with all that missing cap space and potential at stake, you have to keep trying everything you can think of.

Keep in mind this is the same staff that chose 2 FBs over a young RB who started to look good this offseason, and are now shopping for a RB.

:lol:

I think this is ego shlong swinging. I bet J Will wouldve had more ypc if he were still kn the team then the bowling ball.

Because he can't run routes very well.

Maybe they should give him an after-dinner mint...

I want in on that. :lol: :lol: