NaVorro Bowman avaliable

Roundybout

1. I agree that WR OL and RB are higher priorities

2. No, our LB's aren't that good. I don't know about Bowman much, but we need a new starter ar SLB and Brown is below avg. Lo is ready to retire and would be better as a 3-4 OLB.

3. Our DL isn't all that great either. Dareus is tragically underachieving, Kyle is a shadow of his former self and Shaq is below avg.

4. No one is going to trade for Dareus unless he agrees to a HUGE pay cut, which he won't.

5. Glenn will be OK when he gets a healthy pair of legs under him. I could see us using a 1st round pick on an OT and moving him inside. Let's not be in a hurry to get rid of him until he's healthy again, at least. Good OL are rare these days.

6. Dareus is playing just below pro bowl level. Not terrible, but he could be as good as any DL in the NFL if he really wanted to be.

7. Let's keep our 2018 draft picks. We need them badly.

8. The strength of our D is at S and CB, but we could still use another really good CB. Who would have thought after cleaning house?

9. Hughes isn't elite, but he's still pretty darn good. He's having his best season to date.

10. They shouldn't have extended Eric Wood. He's been awful as has Mills. I'm giving Dawkins a pass here because he's a rookie.

11. I'm beginning to wonder if we need to scrap this zone blocking scheme. I wish coaches were more flexible instead of insisting on their past systems when they clearly aren't working. Like Rex's D, for example.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see Oakland being in the mix for him as well.

@RapSheet

Former #49ers LB NaVorro Bowman is signing a 1-year deal with the #Raiders, source says. That was fast.

@MikeGarafolo

Mike Garafolo Retweeted Ian Rapoport

No offsets on Niners guarantees this year so this is all icing on the cake. He gets paid by both teams.

Come on, really?...lets not kid ourselves. Preston Brown is avg at best. Humber has played better than expected and Lorax is not getting any younger. I love our secondary but next year there will be several changes to the front 7.

So our LB's have not been fine? Take a look at the defensive ranking.

It does not need to be a name guy if they are getting the job done