Bills' Bye Week News

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod struggles on the road. He always starts games slowly. Rarely do we score on the opening drive. If they don't fix this offense soon and get some players back, we'll be looking at another 7 win season.

We scored on opening drives a lot when Lynn was calling the plays.

Bills looking for RB's? We do need a backup, but WR is more pressing right now. Can Dennison not succeed with Shady, Dennison needs to go!

https://articles.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/10/buffalo_bills_trying_to_acquire_a_running_back_report.amp

exactly. Dennison is the major (not the only, but major) problem with the offense. Top running game, to Shady having 1 100 yard game. Nonsense.

Bingo.

Bye week breaking news: I may actually get my garage cleaned out this weekend!

Should I push the boat out, or continue leaving my car out? I am tired of the boat taking up too much room, and I hate scraping ice on the car.

!@#$ winter.

Five weeks into the season, the Patriots are tied atop the AFC East with the Jets and Bills at 3-2. And don't forget about the 2-2 Dolphins.

Buffalo Bills (3-2)
Why they'll win division: A lot of defense and a little luck. Buffalo has not had much of the latter over its 17-year playoff drought, so it will need to find some good fortune in order to capture its first division title since 1995. A great place to start would be winning one or both games in December against the Patriots, who have a 29-5 record since 2000 against Buffalo. The Bills have the defense this season to slow down Brady, but Buffalo will need a few breaks on offense to have the result go their way. Getting swept by the Patriots would probably wipe out the Bills' chances of a division crown.
Why they won't win division: The floor for the Bills' offense is alarmingly low and could get worse if tight end Charles Clay's knee injury keeps him out long term. RB LeSean McCoy is on pace for the worst rushing average (3.2 yards per carry) of his career, while the Bills' wide receivers are averaging 4.8 receptions and 63.2 yards per game, which would be NFL worsts since at least 2001. -- Mike Rodak

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills are facing a number of Qs during the bye.The first, can they stay healthy enough to win? Full thoughts: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/7-buffalo-bills-questions-for-the-bye-no-7-can-they-stay-healthy-enough-

#Bills bye week questions continue. The next: Can Marcell Dareus regain his old form at all in 2017? Full analysis: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/7-buffalo-bills-questions-for-the-bye-6-will-dareus-regain-his-form-of-old-

Yes, we need receivers. But they only help when you can get them the ball pretty consistently.

That's fine and dandy, but it's not an excuse to not upgrade those positions. The team needs to add the talent first. If it then doesn't lead to more production you look to change the QB.

They've gotta get some pass catchers. Clays injury created the biggest hole the passing game could possibly incur.

Gotta get some intermediate targets that can RAC when mismatched on LBs

We could have Julio and AJ Green and Tyrod still won't throw them the ball.

I would think if they were bring someone new in they would have done it already to get the the max amount of practice time needed. If they wait til next week then that will allow only a few days of prep time. So it's looking like "next man up".

It's crazy, we really need a couple WRs. Saw where they were possibly looking into RB's also which is a need as well. If they do bring in someone, I just hope they don't wait til the last minute to do it.

I would think if they were bring someone new in they would have done it already to get the the max amount of practice time needed. If they wait til next week then that will allow only a few days of prep time. So it's looking like "next man up".

It's crazy, we really need a couple WRs. Saw where they were possibly looking into RB's also which is a need as well. If they do bring in someone, I just hope they don't wait til the last minute to do it.

The players are off this week.

Tyrod struggles on the road. He always starts games slowly. Rarely do we score on the opening drive. If they don't fix this offense soon and get some players back, we'll be looking at another 7 win season.

The Bills have been a terrible first half offense, especially in the opening frame. The 3 points they scored in the first quarter in Cincinnati were the first and only 3 first quarter points all year.

A nice, long TD opening drive next Sunday would be great.

Bills looking for RB's? We do need a backup, but WR is more pressing right now. Can Dennison not succeed with Shady, Dennison needs to go!

https://articles.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/10/buffalo_bills_trying_to_acquire_a_running_back_report.amp

exactly. Dennison is the major (not the only, but major) problem with the offense. Top running game, to Shady having 1 100 yard game. Nonsense.

Execution has been the major problem. They have left way too many plays on the field this year, or had nice gains called back.

Dennison may not have a very creative run game, but he hasn't been the main problem. If anything, perhaps he sticks to the plan too much. But for the play-action to be most effective, he has to keep the defense honest, so I get it.

As others have stated, they should add some of what worked last year to the playbook. More pulling guards and center...it's easier to run when you have numbers on one side of the field, and hat on hat execution isn't as crucial. More option runs with Taylor and McCoy.