NFL.com: Gregg Rosenthal's QB Index

On 10/4/2017 at 4:36 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

What continuously frustrates me about the national media, is they highlight that one play, but leave out the analysis of ALLLLLLLLL the other throws that a typical NFL QB *should* make...Taylor makes these incredible throws, no doubt...but he HAS to because he doesn't make the throws on time, holds the ball too long, and fails to read a Defense quick enough for the timing to be there (in general). Also, while NO QB is perfect, too many of this throws to truly NFL open receivers are low / high / behind / or too far beyond the grasp of the receiver while also waiting too long, which compounds the problem. Timing, anticipation, and pre-reading a Defense have always been his deficiencies, not his athleticism or his ability to escape which are both elite. He's made great plays, but usually those are when he puts himself in those positions to need to make those plays. 

Just now, twoandfourteen said:

That's exactly where he fits. 

Can't bring a team back from any sort of deficit. Can't run a modern passing offense. Needs literally EVERYTHING to go right in the running game, on defense, and on special teams for his team to pull out a win. Doesn't turn the ball over. Can run for the occasional first down to extend a drive or get into FG range. Excellent in the locker room and in the film room. 

Sounds like the ideal backup QB. 

Or, 30-35th at the position in the NFL. 

This is so full of nonsensical fallacies with the Bills coming back from a 27-20 deficit against TB to win 30- 27.  The Bills run game struggled in several wins this season with Tyrod making key throws to help the Bills win (See the Denver and Atlanta games).  You continue to make posts full of declarative bluster and opinion that are easily refuted by the facts of what occurred in actual game play.  

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's just funny how some here are legitimately saying Taylor's the 30-35th best QB in the NFL. :doh:

I want to upgrade, but Taylor's been a welcome surprise in his time in Buffalo.

Standing strong at 24.      Pff must be stoned 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is so full of nonsensical fallacies with the Bills coming back from a 27-20 deficit against TB to win 30- 27.  The Bills run game struggled in several wins this season with Tyrod making key throws to help the Bills win (See the Denver and Atlanta games).  You continue to make posts full of declarative bluster and opinion that are easily refuted by the facts of what occurred in actual game play.  

Three seasons full of games. 42 starts.

This is the best you've got? 

Tyrod's "key throws" didn't win the Atlanta game. A "key" fumble recovery run back for a TD by the defense won that game.

Tyrod did throw a 6 yard TD to Charles Clay in the 3rd Q against Denver, so full marks for that. It sure helped that the Bills defense came up with 2 INTs and 2 turnover-on-downs on Denver's last 4 offensive drives in the 2nd half, though. But Taylor did do his job. 

I'd also give him full credit for the TB game -- hitting Deonte Thompson for 44 to set up McCoy was a big play. One of the few clutch throws he's connected on in his career as a starter, but still a great toss. 

Those wins are exactly the type of wins you would want from an elite backup QB.

2 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Three seasons full of games. 42 starts.

This is the best you've got? 

Tyrod's "key throws" didn't win the Atlanta game. A "key" fumble recovery run back for a TD by the defense won that game.

Tyrod did throw a 6 yard TD to Charles Clay in the 3rd Q against Denver, so full marks for that. It sure helped that the Bills defense came up with 2 INTs and 2 turnover-on-downs on Denver's last 4 offensive drives in the 2nd half, though. But Taylor did do his job. 

I'd also give him full credit for the TB game -- hitting Deonte Thompson for 44 to set up McCoy was a big play. One of the few clutch throws he's connected on in his career as a starter, but still a great toss. 

Those wins are exactly the type of wins you would want from an elite backup QB.

I'm strictly talking about just this season alone.   Backup QBs in the NFL make quite a few mistakes to lose their teams games when they play on an extended basis so you again offer a weak argument that doesn't stand up to scrutiny.  Show just one example of a backup QB who has a winning record for any extended number of games.  I'll be waiting.

22 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm strictly talking about just this season alone.   Backup QBs in the NFL make quite a few mistakes to lose their teams games when they play on an extended basis so you again offer a weak argument that doesn't stand up to scrutiny.  Show just one example of a backup QB who has a winning record for any extended number of games.  I'll be waiting.

DSERbWoX0AQRoN1.jpg

Edited by twoandfourteen

1 minute ago, twoandfourteen said:

Looks like a backup QB with a winning record over an extended number of games. 

What's your point? 

He has a winning record this year with a really strong team in MIN.  Before this season, he was FN terrible with a 9-15 record as a starter and terrible statistics.  That's my point. 

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He has a winning record this year with a really strong team in MIN.  Before this season, he was FN terrible with a 9-15 record as a starter and terrible statistics.  That's my point. 

Keenum has a higher value than Taylor in real time.     

Edited by Teddy KGB

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

More subjective nonsense from you. 

Says the guy whose panties are in a bunch fighting with everyone over the 185 yard qb in the NFL???

Keenum 3,358 yards 21 tds 7 ints 

Taylor.    2,595 yards 13 tds 4 ints. 

Buh bye sweetie.   

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Says the guy whose panties are in a bunch fighting with everyone over the 185 yard qb in the NFL???

Keenum 3,358 yards 21 tds 7 ints 

Taylor.    2,595 yards 13 tds 4 ints. 

Buh bye sweetie.   

Taylor's career as a passer:

r9k12q.jpg

Keenum's career as a passer:

2uz3zhg.jpg

Try again. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

r9k12q.jpg

2uz3zhg.jpg

Try again. 

Gm’s have eyes, your mans not hot. 

Maybe you can buy a team and ruin it by signing Taylor to disenfranchise the wideouts.   

We get it you bought in because he beat the Broncos.     ???

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1

Where are the stats for how many times he checks down instead of throwing to the sticks? Where are the stats of the passes he doesnt throw because he is too conservative? Where are the stats where he runs 15 yards backwards and takes a sack instead of throwing the ball away?

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Gm’s have eyes, your mans not hot. 

Maybe you can buy a team and ruin it by signing Taylor to disenfranchise the wideouts.   

New name, same BS that is refuted by the numbers.  Cute sayings that amount to the same drivel you've always offered. Taylor isn't a great QB by any stretch, but he's better than Keenum.  The numbers I showed don't include Taylor's rushing. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

New name, same BS that is refuted by the numbers.  Cute sayings that amount to the same drivel you've always offered. Taylor isn't a great QB by any stretch, but he's better than Keenum.  The numbers I showed don't include Taylor's rushing. 

Better than Keenum is a good one ???

Welcome to 2017 Mr Refuter.  

6 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Where are the stats for how many times he checks down instead of throwing to the sticks? Where are the stats of the passes he doesnt throw because he is too conservative? Where are the stats where he runs 15 yards backwards and takes a sack instead of throwing the ball away?

How often does he do this relative to other QBs in the NFL?  Do you have any idea?

r9k12q.jpg

2uz3zhg.jpg

Try again. 

So, now I'm confused. Is this supposed to convince me that Tyrod is a top 10 QB in the NFL or something? 

Because I see two guys who are both 1 game over .500. 

Keenum is also a more productive QB.... 45 TDs in 40 games, 214.6 yds/gm career average.... Taylor has 50 TDs in 57 games, 201.2 yds/gm average as a starter (I'll even omit the oddball numbers that drag him down, even though I did include those for Keenum.)

3 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

So, now I'm confused. Is this supposed to convince me that Tyrod is a top 10 QB in the NFL or something? 

Keenum is also a more productive QB.... 45 TDs in 40 games, 214.6 yds/gm career average.... Taylor has 50 TDs in 57 games, 201.2 yds/gm average as a starter (I'll even omit the oddball numbers that drag him down, even though I did include those for Keenum.)

Did I post that? We're comparing the QB you mentioned who's benefiting from playing with a very good team that features a great D and an excellent arsenal that features Kyle Rudolph at TE with Adam Thielen and Stephon Diggs at WR.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

7 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Better than Keenum is a good one ???

Welcome to 2017 Mr Refuter.  

so are you hinting that a guy like keenum would come to buffalo and have a better record over the last 3 years than taylor? becuz that would be really stupid.... and I don't even want taylor around anymore, I just cant stand it when people come on here and say the ignorant crap you've tossed onto the last couple pages.

there are about 20-25 qb's that would be winning in Minnesota right now.  

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

you are absolutely delusional if you think a guy like keenum would come to buffalo and have a better record over the last 3 years than taylor. and I don't even want taylor around anymore, I just cant stand it when people come on here and say really stupid stuff.

Delusional is right.  I'll bet he hasn't seen any Vikings' games at all and Keenum was flat out terrible prior to this season.

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

you are absolutely delusional if you think a guy like keenum would come to buffalo and have a better record over the last 3 years than taylor. and I don't even want taylor around anymore, I just cant stand it when people come on here and say really stupid stuff.

Tyrod wouldn’t.    Cutler wouldn’t.   Kizer wouldn’t.  Simien and Co wouldn’t, 

Give Case some love.     He’s playing well.   

Wish we had him,  we might be in playoffs if we had any sort of half ass passing attack. 

Tyrod wouldn’t.    Cutler wouldn’t.   Kizer wouldn’t.  Simien and Co wouldn’t, 

Give Case some love.     He’s playing well.   

Wish we had him,  we might be in playoffs if we had any sort of half ass passing attack. 

this is beyond stupid.... taylor has a winning record with a defense that's not even half as good as minnesotas. they are the #1 scoring d in the league..... do you even come close to thinking before you type?

I hate even going to bat for taylor anymore but stuff like this is just so dumb.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Delusional is right.  I'll bet he hasn't seen any Vikings' games at all and Keenum was flat out terrible prior to this season.

I’ll bet I’ve seen a ton.      It’s why he’s on the rise and Taylor’s on his way to being the next backup qb elsewhere.  

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

this is beyond stupid.... taylor has a winning record with a defense that's not even half as good as minnesotas..... do you even come close to thinking before you type?

I hate even going to bat for taylor anymore but stuff like this is just so dumb.

21 tds bud.        Have some coffee, wake up and make some sense 

one more week for you cot’ers to let em out, hit me with a few more hot ones ! 

Edited by Teddy KGB

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Did I post that? We're comparing the QB you mentioned who's benefiting from playing with a very good team that features a great D and an excellent arsenal in Kyle Rudpolh at TE with Adam Thielen and Stephon Diggs at WR.

And he's having a better season than Taylor did when he had Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Chris Hogan, Charles Clay, and LeSean McCoy. 

Taylor isn't a Top 10 QB. He's not a Top 20 QB. He's somewhere in the 30-35 range, clearly behind backup/fringe starters like Josh McCown and Case Keenum. 

I’ll bet I’ve seen a ton.      It’s why he’s on the rise and Taylor’s on his way to being the next backup qb elsewhere.  

21 tds bud.        Have some coffee, wake up and make some sense 

that's literally all you have as a response? solid. 

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

He's pretty good at escaping pressure and making short to intermediate throws, but struggles in hitting deeper passes to Diggs and Thielen.   He landed in a good place with this Vikings team, but trying to sell him as some kind of rising start is laughable. 

2 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

And he's having a better season than Taylor did when he had Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Chris Hogan, Charles Clay, and LeSean McCoy. 

Taylor isn't a Top 10 QB. He's not a Top 20 QB. He's somewhere in the 30-35 range, clearly behind backup/fringe starters like Josh McCown and Case Keenum. 

In your unqualified opinion. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

that's literally all you have as a response? solid. 

3,358 yards 21 tds        Is that better?   

You comprehend math right ?    Or does your cot allegiance get in the way ? 

How many of those 21 tds did Anthony Barr throw for him ? ??‍♂️

Edited by Teddy KGB

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

3,358 yards 21 tds        Is that better?   

You comprehend math right ?    Or does your cot allegiance get in the way ? 

how about the defense I spoke of? that fact that  you don't take it into account in this argument makes you look like a complete fool. you conveniently glossed over it becuz it doesn't fit your narrative. just the worst kind of poster. keenum is having a solid year. but its just really really really stupid to act like the talent on that team isn't shielding him. 

and you obviously have reading comprehension issues as well. I just mentioned I don't even want taylor around in the future. in fact I wanted a Watson or mahomes at 10 last year and was fairly irritated when they passed them up. so don't give me the douche COT bull crap..... which is lamest thing I've ever seen made up around here. basically when anyone even uses that saying I know what sort of poster they are on this board..... a bad one. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

You actually counted Taylor's games with Baltimore in mop up duty?  :lol: Dishonest and dumb! Not to mention Taylor has 15 rushing TDs.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

how about the defense I spoke of? that fact that  you don't take it into account in this argument makes you look like a complete fool. you conveniently glossed over it becuz it doesn't fit your narrative. just the worst kind of poster. keenum is having a solid year. but its just really really really stupid to act like the talent on that team isn't shielding him. 

and you obviously have reading comprehension issues as well. I just mentioned I don't even want taylor around in the future. so don't give me the douche COT bull crap..... which is lamest thing I've ever seen made up around here. basically when anyone even uses that saying I know what sort of poster they are on this board..... a bad one. 

Thats what all the cot members say.  

Can you explain to me how the defense impacts his 21tds and 3,300 yards?   

Wouldn't that shield him less as he would need to pass more with the defense allowing more points ?       

I see you and  26 want to “win” an argument but it’s all for naught.   

2017 Keenum > 2017 Tyrod by far.   

Case closed.        Get it Case    

Buehller.      Buehller ??

Edited by Teddy KGB

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Thats what all the cot members say.  

Can you explain to me how the defense impacts his 21tds and 3,300 yards?   

Wouldn't that shield him less as he would need to pass more with the defense allowing more points ?       

I see you and  26 want to “win” an argument but it’s all for naught.   

2017 Keenum > 2017 Tyrod by far.   

Case close.     Get it Case    

Buehller.      Buehller ??

my god you're awful.

one thing I've noticed about a handful of you guys that lack the ability to think clearly or use sense in the qb situation we have is you live in extremes. the minute somebody doesn't jive with your complete bashing of a player and calls you on it, then they must love said player....

I freaking tired of taylor. he's just not enough. but dudes like you saying the stupidest stuff regarding the topic. its absurd. and the minute you get called on it, you label anyone taking up for the guy a COT member. and again anyone that uses that saying honestly just looks like a douche. its just a douchey. stop using it. its dumb.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

my god you're awful.

one thing I've noticed about a handful of you guys that lack the ability to think clearly or use sense in the qb situation we have is you live in extremes. the minute somebody doesn't jive with your complete bashing of a player and calls you on it, then they must love said player....

I freaking tired of taylor. he's just not enough. but dudes like you saying the stupidest stuff regarding the topic. its absurd. and the minute you get called it you label anyone taking up for the guy a COT member. and again anyone that uses that saying honestly just looks like a douche. its just a douchey. stop using it. its dumb.

Ive read your posts.    You are cot.  

Dont try to fool me.      I get your distancing yourself from it now because you finally get it.  

Happy New Years.       To next year with no Tyrod !