Got a lead, lost a lead

I enjoyed yesterday's win as much as anyone. I also enjoyed yesterday's Pats loss A LOT.

With that said, yesterday wasn't all good news. We entered the day with a distinct advantage against the Pats in tiebreaker scenarios. We exited the day in a flat footed tie with them. Our win against Atlanta was impressive and I think it bodes well for the Bills. But a win against an NFC team hurts when it comes to breaking ties. It is only week four so I don't want to make a big deal but NE had a bad win against NO earlier in the year which when coupled with our loss to the Panthers gave us an edge. Yesterday erased that because NE's NFC loss helps them.

The good news is that they are a division team so we have a chance to sweep them. If not, we could split and then sweep the Jets and Dolphins and be at least tied with them. Before yesterday we would have won a tie breaker, now it would move on to another metric. Still, it is better that the Pats lost to the Panthers than say when the Steelers lost to the Bears last week. That one hurt. The Chiefs losing to the Skins tonight might seem bad but it doesn't really matter that much as we play the Chiefs head to head. We don't play the Steelers so we are behind them. I hope they win their division.

Hahahahaha this is frickin hilarious.

Edited by Turk71

With KC's win tonight vs the Redskins we are tied for 1st in the AFC!

Our game with KC will be the tiebreaker there. Unless we tie in our game, our NFC wins don't hurt us against KC, Den, Oak, LAC, Cin, Indy. There are definitely other ways things could happen there to bring tiebreakers back into play but they involve stuff too complex to get into now.

In division stuff like Mia, NYJ, NE only comes into play when we split and have the same record in the rest of the division, but don't think Bellichick doesn't know this and isn't aware that he gained ground on Sunday.

The teams that gained an slight edge or avoided losing one when we beat Atl were Pit, Bal, Cle, Ten, Hou, Jax. Of those I see no reason to dismiss anyone just yet but Cle is becoming a candidate.

I enjoyed yesterday's win as much as anyone. I also enjoyed yesterday's Pats loss A LOT.

With that said, yesterday wasn't all good news. We entered the day with a distinct advantage against the Pats in tiebreaker scenarios. We exited the day in a flat footed tie with them. Our win against Atlanta was impressive and I think it bodes well for the Bills. But a win against an NFC team hurts when it comes to breaking ties. It is only week four so I don't want to make a big deal but NE had a bad win against NO earlier in the year which when coupled with our loss to the Panthers gave us an edge. Yesterday erased that because NE's NFC loss helps them.

The good news is that they are a division team so we have a chance to sweep them. If not, we could split and then sweep the Jets and Dolphins and be at least tied with them. Before yesterday we would have won a tie breaker, now it would move on to another metric. Still, it is better that the Pats lost to the Panthers than say when the Steelers lost to the Bears last week. That one hurt. The Chiefs losing to the Skins tonight might seem bad but it doesn't really matter that much as we play the Chiefs head to head. We don't play the Steelers so we are behind them. I hope they win their division.

Did an alien abduct your brain?

26CB posted a graphic that showed Buffalo as the #2 seed and NE as the # 7 or 8th seed.

I've seen that (bolded) posted a few times ... Is there a link to verify that? (I am being serious)

no, not the part about aliens of course

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

I can't believe that is actually up.

I stand corrected NE #10

Edited by ShadyBillsFan