I'm a Taylor Fan........ But again 213 yards passing

Billsfan1972

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for mentioning the wonderful job the Defense has been doing (or could do).

We were talking offense.

Since you brought it up.... Why do we always hear (for example) He just broke off for a 105 yard kick off return for a Touchdown!! then ???

You emphatically stated you cant score unles you have yards. That is 100% untrue. Arod had 4 tds last night on 179 yards. Football is a team sport. All scores count.

His mobility is a big part of why that TTT number is high.

It also almost cost the Bills 2 HUGE sacks last Sunday.

You like to see the glass as half empty, I guess.

The reason the OP started this thread is apparent in a post he made within saying he'd rather have a team that's 7-9 but throwing the ball more and being exciting (whatever that means) vs. 9-7. That pretty much sums it up.

Me, I think wins are exciting. And the more the better.

Tate, Marvin Jones, Golladay, Ebron > Matthews, Zay, Clay, Holmes

We have the worst pass catching group in the league.

And he spun out of one that no other QB in the NFL could have and ran for a 1st on 3rd and 6.

That was funny. The Bills WR group is bottom five at this time.

The reason the OP started this thread is apparent in a post he made within saying he'd rather have a team that's 7-9 but throwing the ball more and being exciting (whatever that means) vs. 9-7. That pretty much sums it up.

I was happy all week with that win. Some are not-they need to find something else to watch.

And he spun out of one that no other QB in the NFL could have and ran for a 1st on 3rd and 6.

no other QB could have done? seriously?

Was that the play he stumbled and fell? It was Dangerous all the same. Those are the types of plays he needs to throw the ball away in.

Wasn't the other one for no gain or loss of 1 yard?

You emphatically stated you cant score unles you have yards. That is 100% untrue. Arod had 4 tds last night on 179 yards. Football is a team sport. All scores count.

I'll be more specific when I emphatically make a comment about the offense that we were talking about.

I like to see the Bills win 11 games a season.

Nothing that TT has shown me has convinced me he'll reach 10 or 11 wins even with a TOP 5 Defense

To convince me he is great and beyond reproach, TT needs to lead the Bills to 10 or 11 wins, especially with a top 5 D.

Was that the play he stumbled and fell? It was Dangerous all the same. Those are the types of plays he needs to throw the ball away in.

I'll be more specific when I emphatically make a comment about the offense that we were talking about.

So what you're saying is that Taylor needs to act like other, non-mobile QB's and throw the ball away.....and basically ignore a big part of his skill set. You mentioned two instances, one where he spun out and picked up a first down on 3rd and six, and another where he had no gain or a one yard loss. Wouldn't the Bills have had a no gain play if he threw the ball out of bounds?

And I would agree with the previous poster, Taylor actually can do things that no other QB currently in the NFL can do. Can you name a QB that is as elusive, quick and fast as Taylor? And please don't say Russell Wilson or DeShaun Watson......they can certainly move but neither are on par with Taylor in that department.

Edited by Bills757

And one can point out why it may not. I got the meaning and responded. You just don't like having your views challenged I guess.

in an argumentative mood this AM?

Let me correct "my mistake".

One might think an extra 80 to 100 passing yards would lead to more points, then again some might not.

Was that clear enough that time?

I 100% think no other QB makes that play. He's THE most elusive in the NFL. I'm not even sure anyone would debate that.

Nothing that TT has shown me has convinced me he'll reach 10 or 11 wins even with a TOP 5 Defense

To convince me he is great and beyond reproach, TT needs to lead the Bills to 10 or 11 wins, especially with a top 5 D.

And cue the hyperbole. No one has said that I can see that they think TT is great and beyond reproach. I fully expect and support them drafting another guy early next year.

And it is not TT that gets to 10 or 11 wins. That is a team thing.

If they get to 10 or 11 wins with him under center, and reach the playoffs, all you'll do is say then that they can't get to a Super Bowl if he doesn't get there. Very predictable.

His career win % wild translate to 9-7 but there's no way that he can win 10? Scorching hot take

in an argumentative mood this AM?

Let me correct "my mistake".

One might think an extra 80 to 100 passing yards would lead to more points, then again some might not.

Was that clear enough that time?

Yes. And my response stays the same.

It is not my fault you can't make your thoughts more clear.

So what you're saying is that Taylor needs to act like other, non-mobile QB's and throw the ball away.....and basically ignore a big part of his skill set. You mentioned two instances, one where he spun out and picked up a first down on 3rd and six, and another where he had no gain or a one yard loss. Wouldn't the Bills have had a no gain play if he threw the ball out of bounds?

And I would agree with the previous poster, Taylor actually can do things that no other QB currently in the NFL can do. Can you name a QB that is as elusive, quick and fast as Taylor? And please don't say Russell Wilson or DeShaun Watson......they can certainly move but neither are on par with Taylor in that department.

Yes sir. Sometimes it is best to throw the ball away and save those 3 to 6 seconds (per ad lib scramble) of clock time.

I'm sorry, I can't argue with all of the Champions of Tyrod now.

Enjoy your beautiful morning.

I 100% think no other QB makes that play. He's THE most elusive in the NFL. I'm not even sure anyone would debate that.

Good enough. The plays worked to avoid a disaster.

I've seen some fancy footwork from other QB's around the league avoiding sacks, not as often a TT, but still it's a -- how the hell did he escape that! -- moment

what the hell is Big Time Throw %

Time to Throw needs to be improved. No O Line can hold back a defense on every passing snap for that long and maintain protection.

Haha you are easily the most transparent poster on this board. You can't throw away the stats you don't like or understand, and say the one stat he ranks 31st in needs to improve (hint: all the mobile QBs make up the bottom 10). Too funny man.

His career win % wild translate to 9-7 but there's no way that he can win 10? Scorching hot take

To convince me that TT is a true top 10 QB I need to see TT get this team to 10 wins.

The losses on Offense are not devastating. So we lost Sammy.

One guy, who was replaced by Matthews (who IMO is only a slight drop off in talent)

and we gained Zay Jones as a go to guy if they can get on the same page.

With a top 5 defense 10 or 11 is a reachable goal.