Remember when everyone thought Bruce Arians was a genius?

eball

I'm not ready to bury Arians, but that was in fact the worst challenge I've ever seen. Someone gave him very bad information.

Yeah. He probably only looked at the feet, which was close. The flag came out very fast, they likely didn't even see all the angles yet thinking he controlled the ball.

Easier said than done. The standard of oline play in the league is bad and the linemen coming out of college are ill prepared.

Just like with QBs, spread is not helping NFL play. I don't think we'll see many elite QBs ever again.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Easier said than done. The standard of oline play in the league is bad and the linemen coming out of college are ill prepared.

...agree...to his credit, I think Bruce performed well as Steelers OC with plenty of talent as well as when he took over as HC with Colts when Pagano fell ill.....

Seems like such a short time ago, and wow, is this guy bad. Just brutal gameday coaching last night. Lucked out early on a terrible 4th down play call, horrible clock management, and one of the worst challenges I've ever seen. I was shocked to learn the Cardinals have gone for it on 4th down the fewest of any teams since 2012 also.

I wonder if he keeps his job past the season if the Cards don't make the playoffs.

I think he is a decent coach probably better then a lot. I never bought he was a genius above boys the way BB is and in general think he gets over hyped by the media. At the same point BB has had games with very questionable decision making including that Jets OT loss where they punted to start which cost them home field in the playoffs. Being on national TV just displayed the mistake more then we normally would see.

He will at least be in Zona for one, if not two more seasons most likely. If you watched the All or Nothing series on Amazon he is extremely tight with team president Michael Bidwell and I think they give him the chance with a QB that he gets to pick in the draft.

Do you think that means it will just take longer to get players ready to play in the NFL, or do you think they're coming out with flaws in their play that can't get addressed at all?

Do you think that means it will just take longer to get players ready to play in the NFL, or do you think they're coming out with flaws in their play that can't get addressed at all?

I think more and more are coming out only able to play in a spread offense and who have never really got into a proper 3 point stance during their college career. Could they be coached up? Absolutely they could, but there just isn't time. The CBA restricts practice so much that I think it really undermines the efforts of teams to get these guys up to speed quickly.