Positives/Negatives from Today's game

POSITIVES

1: Lights out defense again, especially against the run.

2: Secondary held against a big receiving unit

3: Goal line stance with first and goal late in the 4th and only giving up a FG was inspiring

4: Four of the Five Offensive Linemen had a good to very good game pass blocking

5: No turnovers, so ball protection was very good

6: Schmidt is a good to very good punter for angle, distance, and hang time.

7: Six sacks, Newton constantly under pressure.

NEGATIVES

1: Where are the wide outs? Except in the 4th on the last drive, they were all invisible.

2: TOO MANY DROPS, Zay Jones!

3: Mr. Magoo play calling by Dennison was Roman/Hackett like.

4: Running straight at them with Shady does not play to Shady's skill set.

5: Taylor is not a pocket passer. Use his legs in bootlegs more.

6: Jordan Mills needs to sit and learn a new position: LEFT OUT!

7: Where are the misdirection plays? It seems the playbook is a Pop Warner level offensive playbook.

QB - D-

HB - F

WR/TE - D

OL - C+

DL - B+

LB - A-

DB - A+

Coaching - D+

Overall for the game: D

This change of culture McBeane wants to do is going to take a lot of patience, Bills fans.

This game reminded me of our opener last year against the Ravens. Stagnant offense. Lack of imagination in play calling. Our defense kept us in it but Tyrod failed on driving his team to victory with a late TD. If we lose the next two games and our offense continues to play poorly, send in Peterman to see what he's got. That pains me to say as I've always defended Tyrod.

Our defense kept us in it but Tyrod failed on driving his team to victory with a late TD.

Honest question Doc, but why not the OFFENSE failed on driving the team to victory with a late TD? Did Tyrod push off the defender for PI? Did Taylor drop the game winning pass? Did Taylor make the ref not call blatant facemask on Shady at the 35.

That was Tyrod's best drive of the game. We only had nine drives the whole game and really only passed on 3rd downs. This game is not on Tyrod.

You're criticizing the OC for his NFL play calls which he expects an NFL QB to be able to execute - then call for him to call more college-like play calls so the QB can execute them.

That sounds like a QB problem; not an OC problem. (And it wasn't Roman's fault last year, either).

You gave Shady an F. Again - I don't know why the notion of the passing game setting up the running game is so foreign to the users on this site.

I think Shady deserves an A for not telling Tyrod to go !@#$ himself and heading to the locker room.

Honest question Doc, but why not the OFFENSE failed on driving the team to victory with a late TD? Did Tyrod push off the defender for PI? Did Taylor drop the game winning pass? Did Taylor make the ref not call blatant facemask on Shady at the 35.
That was Tyrod's best drive of the game. We only had nine drives the whole game and really only passed on 3rd downs. This game is not on Tyrod.

It was his best drive because it was against a soft D who knew he couldn't get into the endzone.

Why did the Bills have only 9 drives?

Why did the Bills only pass on 3rd downs, as you say?

Don't blame the receivers. This is the same crap we saw the previous two years, when he had Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, etc.

Don't blame McCoy. The only reason he couldn't run was because the CAR defense had no respect for the passing game.

Don't blame playcalling when this is the 3rd OC who realizes what he doesn't have at QB and is forced to employ another Offense For Dummies game plan.

This game is exclusively, solely and ONLY on Tyrod Taylor.

You're criticizing the OC for his NFL play calls which he expects an NFL QB to be able to execute - then call for him to call more college-like play calls so the QB can execute them.

That sounds like a QB problem; not an OC problem. (And it wasn't Roman's fault last year, either).

You gave Shady an F. Again - I don't know why the notion of the passing game setting up the running game is so foreign to the users on this site.

I think Shady deserves an A for not telling Tyrod to go !@#$ himself and heading to the locker room.

It was his best drive because it was against a soft D who knew he couldn't get into the endzone.

Don't blame the receivers. This is the same crap we saw the previous two years, when he had Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, etc.

Don't blame McCoy. The only reason he couldn't run was because the CAR defense had no respect for the passing game.

Don't blame playcalling when this is the 3rd OC who realizes what he doesn't have at QB and is forced to employ another Offense For Dummies game plan.

yup

Good post, if only it was true.

This game reminded me of our opener last year against the Ravens. Stagnant offense. Lack of imagination in play calling. Our defense kept us in it but Tyrod failed on driving his team to victory with a late TD. If we lose the next two games and our offense continues to play poorly, send in Peterman to see what he's got. That pains me to say as I've always defended Tyrod.

I said in the preseason I will give Tyrod the benefit of the doubt due to Rex's crap system. So far, I have seen little to warrant bringing back the doubt. If he has another game next week like this one, I will start opening my mind to a change at QB. He's started 31 games in his career. Two seasons (32 starts) is enough of a sample set to judge quality under center.

If it were me, this week is make or break for TT.

I put the final drive on Tyrod because he had a chance to make a good throw to win the game and failed. If the ball is thrown two or three feet to the right with a little less air on it we win. I'm amazed Jones even got his hands on it watching the replay. So yes. It's Tyrod's fault.

I said in the preseason I will give Tyrod the benefit of the doubt due to Rex's crap system. So far, I have seen little to warrant bringing back the doubt. If he has another game next week like this one, I will start opening my mind to a change at QB. He's started 31 games in his career. Two seasons (32 starts) is enough of a sample set to judge quality under center.

If it were me, this week is make or break for TT.

Agreed.

I put the final drive on Tyrod because he had a chance to make a good throw to win the game and failed. If the ball is thrown two or three feet to the right with a little less air on it we win. I'm amazed Jones even got his hands on it watching the replay. So yes. It's Tyrod's fault.

Except the Bills players and coaches and broadcasters are saying the complete opposite. But carry on.