What we learned after two weeks of Bills Football

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point #6: "The AFC East is up for grabs."

It is? We have no chance in hell of winning this division and it will be won by New England.

As to how it is up for grabs, I'm not sure.

We are a 6 win team, more or less. Embrace it.

Our immediate future is going to revolve around the QB we take in next year's draft, and whether or not he is any good.

The current regime will be tied to that decision too, most likely.

The interesting part starts next year on draft day.

Until then, just try to enjoy big plays as they come, game to game.

So if the Oline didnt play great. And Shady didnt play great. Makes sense that Tyrod wouldnt play too hot either. Why no "it happens" there?

Because it doesn't fit the agenda. when you say that TT had nothing to do with the high scoring offenses the last two seasons, that is not only ignorant posting, but a sure sign of an agenda.

I agree in principle with the OP. But lets not forget that Cam was pretty awful passing. He missed multiple wide open receivers downfield ... badly ... including one simple pitch-catch that would have been a TD and ended the game. The D did play well in the red zone, but allowed the panthers to get there far too easily. A lot of room for improvement.

The offense was, well, the offense.

McCoach showed it is his first season as the big dog, his clock management was very bad. But he has his team ready to play and there was no quit. And the D had every reason to quit with the humidity what is was and them being constantly on the field.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I think the all-22 from Carolina will show windows to throw into that Tyrod won't throw into. The offense is asking him to do things he can't do because the team is focused on a longer term direction that doesn't involve him. He also hasn't adjusted back to the league and isn't good enough for me to say that's the wrong direction for the team.

I think we learned why they acquired so much draft capital. They have an idea of what they want they want to do and they Don't have the talent for it yet. Still, I think the team is well-coached.

We learned the Bills aren't afraid to make big adjustments to schemes based on opponents...

Bills blitzed far, far more than they normally would against Carolina to devastating result for Newton...

Very few coordinators and coaches would change from "what they believe in" this much. This a very good sign...

I think the all-22 from Carolina will show windows to throw into that Tyrod won't throw into. The offense is asking him to do things he can't do because the team is focused on a longer term direction that doesn't involve him. He also hasn't adjusted back to the league and isn't good enough for me to say that's the wrong direction for the team.

I think we learned why they acquired so much draft capital. They have an idea of what they want they want to do and they Don't have the talent for it yet. Still, I think the team is well-coached.

What does that mean?

Yeesh, youre right. 3rd offensive coordinator yielding the exact same results is a problem. I refuse to believe that Dennison is at fault.

This is what I knew as soon as they resign him. Everyone in the league, the fans, were all hyping him. All defending him. All so sympathetic. The no receiver excuse. No no no you are right I don't care if we bring back Sammy and Beckam with TT we will stink.

How did the Bills end up 12th and 10th in scoring the last two years?

because they score a million against sorry teams.

Point #6: "The AFC East is up for grabs."

It is? We have no chance in hell of winning this division and it will be won by New England.

As to how it is up for grabs, I'm not sure.

We are a 6 win team, more or less. Embrace it.

Our immediate future is going to revolve around the QB we take in next year's draft, and whether or not he is any good.

The current regime will be tied to that decision too, most likely.

The interesting part starts next year on draft day.

Until then, just try to enjoy big plays as they come, game to game.

I think NE has some holes that can and may be exploited. If Brady goes down, so do the Pats and he may be one hit away. Gronk won't play 16 games, Gilly is not a #1 RB. The WR are getting thinner. You can only dump so many passes off to J White. I also think their defense is bottom half. To me, the Raiders are the team to beat in the AFC if they stay healthy.

It's a long 14 weeks to go. If the Bills can play to their strengths on offense, they may squeeze out 9-10 wins with this D.

I can see NE lose @ TB, @Oak @ Pitt @Den. That's 5 losses. Buf, Mia or ATL need to take one in NE and they are 10-6.

Not to throw cold water or be a debbie downer, but I really think people are vastly overrating the defense. This Panthers team is not anything special and Cam is a shell of the player he was two years ago. If Luck comes back healthy anytime soon, I think the only games left we'll be close to being a remote favorite in is @ Bengals and @ Jets, both road games obviously. I really don't see what others have the first two weeks to be throwing out 9-10 win seasons.