Zay Jones drops huge catch. <radio edit>

r00tabaga

Finally watched it. I can't even believe this is being debated.

It is clear as day to me that the rookie completely screwed up his route. He broke wrong, stumbled, slowed down, and completely seemed to forget he was even a target. He seemed surprised to look up and see the ball coming to him. Dude needs to wake the f-up.

Tyrod hates his hapless WRs, is what this game showed me. He has no confidence in them nor should he. His throws were conservative but mostly fine. He still scrambles too much.

bull ****. It was a bad throw and he was lucky to even get a finger on it. TT missed a wide open receiver and it cost us a win.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it have been a better pass? Probably. But bottom line is Zay got both hands on the ball. Should have caught it. I believe he also dropped a third down catch that hit both his hands today too. Hasn't been the best start for him but it's early.

On the final play I'm not sure what happened to Zay but he was definitley stumbling through his route at a couple different points. If he keeps his feet with him it probably helps him make the grab.

Andre Reed & Stevie chiming in on Twitter is awesome. Love the support from former players.

I'm really hoping this is like a T.O. situation where his career takes off after a couple big drops.

Hoping.

The 1st drop today was also a bad one. Nice to see his teammates and former Bills support him.

Are you trying to show that McCoy is open? Only thing I can say about that is its tough to see. There is probably a window there. Your angle shows him open but not where the coverage on him was before TT throws the ball. The other angle shows him covered to a point but not when TT throws the ball. If you say he was open I believe you though because you were right there.

I can just picture it though... TT makes the play to McCoy and fans start yelling he could have instead had Zay for the TD. This is why I don't like the all-22 era. Not that TT is a good QB or anything, but people way over analyze stuff and don't know what they are talking about half the time. On the other hand I love watching coaches film. Thanks for the post. I love watching stuff you cant see on TV.

Are you trying to show that McCoy is open? Only thing I can say about that is its tough to see. There is probably a window there. Your angle shows him open but not where the coverage on him was before TT throws the ball. The other angle shows him covered to a point but not when TT throws the ball. If you say he was open I believe you though because you were right there.

I can just picture it though... TT makes the play to McCoy and fans start yelling he could have instead had Zay for the TD. This is why I don't like the all-22 era. Not that TT is a good QB or anything, but people way over analyze stuff and don't know what they are talking about half the time. On the other hand I love watching coaches film. Thanks for the post. I love watching stuff you cant see on TV.

not trying to show anything specific but another angle. the ol did well in protecting tyrod. he moved up in to the pocket very well. he did everything right but too much on the ball.

i never judge much on offense because we never know what was planned. but i would wager that jones was the hot read and this was to be to jones with mccoy as the dump/2nd read. this was all timing and likely a play we praccticed a lot and will see again, when you watched the opposite side of the line and what happened in the play it was a beauty.