Ever message an old friend/colleague/roommate?

Another Fan

Two things to mention here.........

1) i have an issue when people i haven't talked to in 30 years somehow want to be friends on Facebook. I mean, there's a reason why i haven't talked to them in 30 years..........get over it and deal with it.

2) i just received this week, a letter from my real parents (i'm adopted and have been looking for them for over 30 years). Imagine my surprise when i open my mail and here's a letter that says, "Hey, we're your parents and we want to meet".............um, what?

I've been trying my hardest to meet you for over 30 years with zero results and then out of the blue, i get a letter that they want to meet?

Well..........we'll meet on MY terms.

Never. Don't, never use or have used social media. This is only place I go. You are all blessed to be so lucky. I am such a loner.

Social media is a sewer. Like DC said, past is the past. I will text family and friends I want.

Two things to mention here.........

1) i have an issue when people i haven't talked to in 30 years somehow want to be friends on Facebook. I mean, there's a reason why i haven't talked to them in 30 years..........get over it and deal with it.

2) i just received this week, a letter from my real parents (i'm adopted and have been looking for them for over 30 years). Imagine my surprise when i open my mail and here's a letter that says, "Hey, we're your parents and we want to meet".............um, what?

I've been trying my hardest to meet you for over 30 years with zero results and then out of the blue, i get a letter that they want to meet?

Unless they are rich from all the dough they saved by letting you go... Then meet on their terms! ;-) ;-)

$$$$ Heals everything?

I "met" my maternal mother at her funeral. Her father wanted me to have the pillow from the coffin since I was her oldest child. That has turned me off funeral homes for 40+ years. Never heard again from that part of family but I did get the SSI benefits.

Ive been messaging my ex gf for months, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. Maybe she's not getting my texts, and emails... And calls... And fb messages?

Try sending gift packages signature required.

I've had a few old Navy buddies reach out to me via Facebook over the years.

A couple, I ignored, because I really didn't like them much in the early 90s - so I figured I'd leave well enough alone.

A few others, I've engaged in conversation. Exchanged phone numbers with and a couple of those, one of whom was travelling through my area and we met up for lunch.

Recently, one of my closer friends during my Navy days (we actually rented a house together with a couple other guys for a couple years) reached out. We hadn't spoken since 1993. Something rubs me the wrong way about him. Not sure what it is, but he sent me his cell number and I did not return the favor. His eagerness to get together kind of freaks me out. He's in Ohio; I'm in NY. I have friends and family in Ohio, so I could justify a road trip. But this dude just seems weird. He even said, "or I can come to you."

I don't know. Like someone else said, there's a reason we haven't spoken in 25 years.

My main purpose for getting on FB was for my High School class reunion about 8 years ago. Now, as I have met friends from other areas (through this site), I think FB is good for maintaining those friendships, albeit not necessary.

After this latest reintroduction to my old Navy buddy, I'm realizing that it's a nice tool for vetting.

I've also used it for looking into job applicants.

I've had a few old Navy buddies reach out to me via Facebook over the years.

A couple, I ignored, because I really didn't like them much in the early 90s - so I figured I'd leave well enough alone.

A few others, I've engaged in conversation. Exchanged phone numbers with and a couple of those, one of whom was travelling through my area and we met up for lunch.

Recently, one of my closer friends during my Navy days (we actually rented a house together with a couple other guys for a couple years) reached out. We hadn't spoken since 1993. Something rubs me the wrong way about him. Not sure what it is, but he sent me his cell number and I did not return the favor. His eagerness to get together kind of freaks me out. He's in Ohio; I'm in NY. I have friends and family in Ohio, so I could justify a road trip. But this dude just seems weird. He even said, "or I can come to you."

I don't know. Like someone else said, there's a reason we haven't spoken in 25 years.

My main purpose for getting on FB was for my High School class reunion about 8 years ago. Now, as I have met friends from other areas (through this site), I think FB is good for maintaining those friendships, albeit not necessary.

After this latest reintroduction to my old Navy buddy, I'm realizing that it's a nice tool for vetting.

I've also used it for looking into job applicants.

You have buddies???

Lol

Ive been messaging my ex gf for months, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. Maybe she's not getting my texts, and emails... And calls... And fb messages?

You should go to her house or apartment, make sure she's still alive. And try where she works too, they may be worried about her also. Maybe talk to her parents or other family members.