The Orville

bdutton

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd episode last night. I think its still trying to find its purpose but so far I'm liking it.

Same here - I like that they don't try too hard on making it strictly and purely comedy.

I didn't know they moved it to Thursday. Just watched it and I agree with both of these. I enjoyed it enough to keep watching, but you're right in that it's still trying to find its footing. I think the reason for it imo is I'm used to rapid fire comedy with MacFarlane where maybe 1/2 of the jokes hit. It's just odd for it to be a serious show with occasional comedy. It would almost work better if MacFarlane simply wrote it and somebody else played the captain.

I didn't know they moved it to Thursday. Just watched it and I agree with both of these. I enjoyed it enough to keep watching, but you're right in that it's still trying to find its footing. I think the reason for it imo is I'm used to rapid fire comedy with MacFarlane where maybe 1/2 of the jokes hit. It's just odd for it to be a serious show with occasional comedy. It would almost work better if MacFarlane simply wrote it and somebody else played the captain.

He did a special on CBS (I think?) for what would have been Sinatra's 100th Birthday. The dude has pipes. But it was odd seeing him do something completely serious, but he did a great job at it.

He did a special on CBS (I think?) for what would have been Sinatra's 100th Birthday. The dude has pipes. But it was odd seeing him do something completely serious, but he did a great job at it.

Yep - I saw some of that and was shocked. He has a hell of a voice:

He does a show at the Hollywood bowl every year, or at least he did, it was always a fun venue and show.

I'll bet that would be a great show. I'm not really too into that particular style of music, but I'd still enjoy seeing that performed live.

• 2 weeks later...

Last nights episode was great! Seriously laughed my ass off and it had some excellent sci-fi story line.

Also, Charlize Theron and Adrianne Palicki were smokin hot in this episode. There was a practical joke thread in the storyline that was seriously hilarious.

The removing the guys leg practical joke had me rolling. Now, there was either a plot hole/mistake or inside extended joke when the leg fell from the ceiling. The leg was supposed to be cut off at the knee but the leg that fell from the ceiling was cut off at the hip. So its either a mistake or there could be another lower leg sighting in the future...

Last nights episode was great! Seriously laughed my ass off and it had some excellent sci-fi story line.

Also, Charlize Theron and Adrianne Palicki were smokin hot in this episode. There was a practical joke thread in the storyline that was seriously hilarious.

The removing the guys leg practical joke had me rolling. Now, there was either a plot hole/mistake or inside extended joke when the leg fell from the ceiling. The leg was supposed to be cut off at the knee but the leg that fell from the ceiling was cut off at the hip. So its either a mistake or there could be another lower leg sighting in the future...

I lost it when Malloy had to return to the bridge before his regeneration was complete. :lol:

That was the best episode so far, even though time travel stories give me a headache.

The traditional remedy for headaches is to take 2 aspirin and call your doctor in the morning. But with time travel the part about calling your doctor in the morning does present a bit a of a paradox

The traditional remedy for headaches is to take 2 aspirin and call your doctor in the morning. But with time travel the part about calling your doctor in the morning does present a bit a of a paradox

Ce0P-f9XIAAhplf.jpg