Anyone think this isnt the new bubonic plaque?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, superstition kills.

262240[/snapback]

Call me cold, but I think AIDS in Africa is a blessing in disguise. I mean, we're talking abotu a continent that two decades ago couldn't feed the multitude of new mouths it was creating.

AIDS has acted as a population growth cap.

Nature can be cold, but it works.

Sex is evil only on this continent.  It is spoken of openly elsewhere in the world and they don't even come close to the problems we have here.

262045[/snapback]

You haven't lived many places if you think other places in the world don't have problems with sex. Virtually everywhere I've lived they have terrible issues with the treatment of women to include the sale of their own children into prostitution and systemic rapes.

But pretend America is the problem.

Riiiight. It's those crazy gay people that did it all! It's just somehow getting to millions of straight people too.  :o

Must be the hookers.

B-)

262034[/snapback]

Check the CDC's web page and see for yourself.

Riiiight. It's those crazy gay people that did it all! It's just somehow getting to millions of straight people too.  :o

Must be the hookers.

B-)

262034[/snapback]

I said in the US.

would you have sex with someone if I said, "yeah, she's/he's got AIDS for sure, but she/he is HOT, so here's a condom - she/he is all yours!" ???

261974[/snapback]

what the hell kind of a question is that?

262008[/snapback]

My point was that even a condom really won't prevent the spread of AIDS when it comes down to absolutes. I think the statistics on condoms for birth control shows that they are something like 98% effective. I don't think there are any studies on their real effectiveness for preventing AIDS; but I'd be surprised if it was anywhere near 100% effective.

So, in the case of birth control and prevention of AIDS, even wearing a condom is a little bit like playing Russian roulette.

The vast, vast majority of people in the US are infected from gay sex, needles and unprotected sex with IV drug users (mostly hookers). Stop these routes of infection and the # of cases are  very, very low.

In other words: Don't stick it where it don't belong.

261997[/snapback]

I like how you distinguish between "gay sex" and "unprotected sex with IV drug users".

The correct distinction is "unprotected sex with someone from a high-risk population."

Stopping gay sex isn't the answer, it's stopping unprotected sex...with whomever.

Call me cold, but I think AIDS in Africa is a blessing in disguise. I mean, we're talking abotu a continent that two decades ago couldn't feed the multitude of new mouths it was creating.

262247[/snapback]

Yeah. Killing babies and innocent people is a "blessing." It's also a blessing that AIDS is everywhere, and killing everyone... even people who don't live in Africa. And there are those other blessings, like the new variants of AIDS that are drug resistant, the possibility of other AIDS variants that could be even worse. Oh, how about the blessings of how much it costs you to support all the people with AIDS?

I won't think of you as "cold," just a self-absorbed ____.

Yeah. Killing babies and innocent people is a "blessing." It's also a blessing that AIDS is everywhere, and killing everyone... even people who don't live in Africa. And there are those other blessings, like the new variants of AIDS that are drug resistant, the possibility of other AIDS variants that could be even worse. Oh, how about the blessings of how much it costs you to support all the people with AIDS?

I won't think of you as "cold," just a self-absorbed ____.

262762[/snapback]

Yes, well, we're either supporting them until they die or feeding their asses.

Yes, I'm self-absorbed. I'm also self-aware and smart enough to keep my schlong in my pants rather than humping everything that walks. So why should I pay the penalty of having to support those who don't?

And yes, let's not forget the babies.

And AIDS isn't killing *everyone*, just drug addicts, promiscuous people, homosexuals and hookers. Don't want your baby to have AIDS? Quit screwing the whole village.

It's a LIFESTYLE disease, not like the Plague which could kill you just for BREATHING.

Get off the high horse there, Ghandi.

Difference is, if my next door neighbor has the Bubonic Plague then chances are, I and my family are going to catch it. If he has AIDS, we're pretty much safe.

I always wondered why there was so much $$$ going to AIDS research that should have been going to cancer. The AIDS $$$ is better spent on education and prevention.

Difference is, if my next door neighbor has the Bubonic Plague then chances are, I and my family are going to catch it.    If he has AIDS, we're pretty much safe.     

I always wondered why there was so much $$$ going to AIDS research that should have been going to cancer.    The AIDS $$$ is better spent on education and prevention.

262892[/snapback]

Yes, but what about the babies?!?!

You forgot "I'm also a loser so no women will have sex with me......"  :devil:

262940[/snapback]

:angry:

You got the loser part right. If he's got a girlfriend, she's probably got a gay boss. He's also a loutish drunken oaf who rules over people with the threat of violence.

Guys like "Doyle" usually succomb to the 'slingblade.'

:P:lol:

262247[/snapback]

Do you and Hitler bowl on Friday nights or what? Its funny to you until one of your family members becomes infected.

Oh really? That would be why our rate of AIDS is lower than Europe, Asia and Africa, right?

Get a clue, then talk sh--.

262218[/snapback]

Yeah... about that clue thingy...

Percentage of those 15 to 49 years of age living with HIV/AIDS in 2003 (using 2003 population numbers)

World Region........Prevalance Rate

North America....................0.6

N Africa/Middle East............0.3

Western Europe..................0.3

East Asia/Pacific.................0.1

Latin America.....................0.6

Australia/New Zealand........0.1

E. Europe/Central Asia........0.5

Sub-Saharan Africa.............7.7

I think it's important to note that the Sub-Saharan region is the only one in the world where homosexual activity and injected drug use aren't identified as primary transmission modes - it's heterosexual activity.

Do you and Hitler bowl on Friday nights or what?  Its funny to you until one of your family members becomes infected.

263198[/snapback]

Yeah, well, NONE of my family members have it. Why? Because we know how to avoid it.

See, that's the thing about AIDS, it's cause by making POOR CHOICES.

I have pity for people with Polio, or Anthrax or whatever. NOT AIDS. Because the chances are good that they contracted it through some sort of perverse activity, be it queer sex, sex with a hooker, drug use or what not.

Yeah, well, NONE of my family members have it. Why? Because we know how to avoid it.

See, that's the thing about AIDS, it's cause by making POOR CHOICES.

I have pity for people with Polio, or Anthrax or whatever. NOT AIDS. Because the chances are good that they contracted it through some sort of perverse activity, be it queer sex, sex with a hooker, drug use or what not.

263796[/snapback]

Dude where do you get your facts? What about all those poor people who got it when the blood supply was tainted and the ones who got it from a spouse who was playing around. Joe, you got to weigh matters here man.

Dude where do you get your facts?  What about all those poor people who got it when the blood supply was tainted and the ones who got it from a spouse who was playing around.  Joe, you got to weigh matters here man.

263842[/snapback]

Then yeah, I feel for them. But come on man, even you know that the majority of new AIDS cases don't come close to being in this category.

Then yeah, I feel for them. But come on man, even you know that the majority of new AIDS cases don't come close to being in this category.

263857[/snapback]

And who cares about the babies being born into AIDS in Africa. It's their parent's fault, like you said above.

Besides, it's only 2,000,000 or so kids you can easily write off. About 2,000/day in 2003. Eff them, right? Not your family, so who cares?

And who cares about the babies being born into AIDS in Africa. It's their parent's fault, like you said above.

Besides, it's only 2,000,000 or so kids you can easily write off. About 2,000/day in 2003. Eff them, right? Not your family, so who cares?

264227[/snapback]

Come on, they're African kids. Who cares about them, they're not American.

Now the Americans, all of them with AIDS are just perverts of one kind or another, so eff them, too.