Random Recipe Thread

Kirby Jackson

I'm not sure why I had a need to start this thread. We always talk football and food. The start of the football season I guess that is the reason. I thought that it would be cool to just share some different things and regional favorites. We have members from all over the world here.

At any rate, I'll start with a quick and easy one that is a New Orleans institution, BBQ shrimp. If you've ordered BBQ shrimp in NOLA you know what I am talking about and if not it is nothing like what you are thinking. This recipe is good and easy: http://www.mrbsbistro.com/recipes_shrimp.php

Edited by Kirby Jackson

OK, the shrimp recipe looks really interesting. I just happen to have 4 lb of U 13-15 purchased this morning (along with a 5 lb beef tenderloin) in anticipation of some Irma refugees coming up from Florida. I was going to grill them shell-on then peel and chill for a shrimp cocktail, but maybe I go half and half. Bills game day is my biggest concern... I want to be realistic in how many balls (and beverages) I can juggle.....

PS - I'm surprised there is not more garlic. I tend to go heavy on the garlic. (But I usually try it the way it's written the first time around.)

Edited by Augie

OK, the shrimp recipe looks really interesting. I just happen to have 4 lb of U 13-15 purchased this morning (along with a 5 lb beef tenderloin) in anticipation of some Irma refugees coming up from Florida. I was going to grill them shell-on then peel and chill for a shrimp cocktail, but maybe I go half and half. Bills game day is my biggest concern... I want to be realistic in how many balls (and beverages) I can juggle.....

I promise you won't be disappointed. Make sure that you have bread to soak up the sauce.

I promise you won't be disappointed. Make sure that you have bread to soak up the sauce.

Sold! I'll grill and chill half the shrimp pre-game, then hope I'm sober enough to handle the rest after watching a Bills opener with one of my best and oldest friends I now only see a couple times a year.

Worcestershire sauce is always one of those things I add a lot more of than called for. Like garlic, brown sugar (in my chili recipe where it's not called for at all!) and a few others. So this sounds good.

I may hold off and do it on day 2 of refugee-time if the Bills game takes too much out of me...

Edited by Augie

Two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun

My son and I actually made our own Big Macs at home.

I used this recipe and it was pretty spot on ... http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/food-drinks/news/a53559/mcdonalds-big-mac-special-sauce-recipe/

I even looked up the proper assembly order: Big Mac Crown(Following middle bun), Mac Sauce, Recon Onions, Shredded Lettuce, Pickles, Cheese, Big Mac Heel.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure why I had a need to start this thread. We always talk football and food. The start of the football season I guess that is the reason. I thought that it would be cool to just share some different things and regional favorites. We have members from all over the world here.

At any rate, I'll start with a quick and easy one that is a New Orleans institution, BBQ shrimp. If you've ordered BBQ shrimp in NOLA you know what I am talking about and if not it is nothing like what you are thinking. This recipe is good and easy: http://www.mrbsbistro.com/recipes_shrimp.php

OK, I finally got around to this...and it was AWESOME. Now, if I don't wake up tomorrow after eating that stick of butter, know that I did it to myself. I wonder if this was on Tom Petty's regular recipe list? ;)

I changed it for the tailgate. About the same. Buttered in side and out side of loaf of bread.

I like your style! I'm sure it was delicious!

Without he bread you could never eat that much butter, but in this case the harmless looking bread may be more evil than tequila!

(And I loved the Worcestershire as I always do.)

This might be my favorite thread ever. We have a menu for each OSU game. Plan it all summer. This week is smoked BBQ pork sliders and Mac and cheese, with spinach & artichoke dip and taco dip. The drink recipes might be the Best part. Will post when sober.

So...February?