Say Willis goes down

Are you really using Amos Zereoue as the answer to the question, "Who is better than Travis Henry if Willis goes down?"

261753[/snapback]

He is because he would be content being the backup and could start a few games if needed. Hence he is better for the Bills then Travis is right now.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Amos Zeroue would cost either less or the same and is a well rounded football player.

Tell me, what does Travis do well besides run, this when he does not fall in front of truck sized holes, runs into the backs of his blockers or fumbles away the football? Can he block? Play STs? Can he figure out pass routes? Can he catch? Is he a smart player? Did he miss a team flight to a dolphin game? Did he have a sexual escapade with a 15 year old? How is his w/l record as a starter? Drew shines in comparison, right?

Remind me what it is that you like about this turd. Then, please explain to me why Mr. Wilson will want to pay him to be on the Buffalo Bills football team.

Those guys are all better starters than a healthy Travis Henry? I used to only think you were crazy.  :devil:

261761[/snapback]

I didn't see the better part when posted. Sorry. But each would come here and be willing to be the backup and could start in short stints.

He is because he would be content being the backup and could start a few games if needed.  Hence he is better for the Bills then Travis is right now.

261758[/snapback]

When you look at it that way, I'd have to agree.

I'd take a happy Wheatley, Zereoue, or Levens over an unhappy TH.

If we just need a guy for a game or two or a few series, yes, Amos or Wheatley are adequate and we could get away with it. What if Willis really goes down though? For the season, for ten games, for half the year, for two games but they are the last two weeks of the season? A back-up needs to be a guy that can play the entire year if your number one goes down.

And really, seriously, with ALL of the alleged whining and pouting and sulking that Travis did last year, did he cost the team one game? One yard? I am not talking about the first few games when he stunk and Drew stunk and the line stunk and the receivers stunk. I am talking about after he was replaced by Willis for good halfway through the year? No, he didn't.

There will be plenty of RBs available in the 4th round such as Cedric Houston of Tennessee.

261866[/snapback]

So a 4th round pick who hasn't played a down in the NFL is already better than Travis Henry?

Hey, are the Dolphins still looking for a GM candidate? I have one in mind.

Let's rephrase the question as, assuming that we lose Henry, who can we get over the next 6 months to be as good of a backup as Henry.

Najeh Davenport - Pack's asking price will drop as the spring wears down

Eddie George

Garrison Hearst

Dominic Rhodes

Chester Taylor

Anthony Thomas

Let's rephrase the question as, assuming that we lose Henry, who can we get over the next 6 months to be as good of a backup as Henry.

Najeh Davenport - Pack's asking price will drop as the spring wears down

Eddie George

Garrison Hearst

Dominic Rhodes

Chester Taylor

Anthony Thomas

261899[/snapback]

From that list, I like Taylor, Davenport and Rhodes although none of them have ever carried the load before for a considerable length of time I don't think. I wouldn't terribly mind Thomas.

None, of course, are as good as Travis.

Travis has no choice. He really cannot pout this entire year and threaten to sit out, or not perform 100% when he does get a few carries and expect to get ANY money as a FA in 2006. His teammates are going to have no sympathy for him, and again, it is much different when you're trying to force a trade or have something in your hip pocket, like sitting out a year. Travis doesn't have that anymore. he had that last year. Once the season starts, they are not going to trade him, especially if Willis gets hurt or they don't have a reliable back-up. Travis may be dumb but he will be able to see that. Sulking works or is allowable in certain instances. It happens all the time. He has nothing, absolutely nothing to gain and virtually everything to lose if he does it this year.

261745[/snapback]

aha, dog -- you assume travis is a rational actor, and have fallen into the trap that plague rational choice theory. he's not a rational actor -- he's a highly emotional and immature slow blinker (remember the unreported "learning disability" the bills found about to their chagrin after he was drafted?). from all the evidence, foresight is not a gift of his. he will without a doubt be a complainer, malcontent, and head case, and any thought that he'll put that his negative energy aside in order to secure his future might want to take a look back at his past behavior: picking up the lolita at the gas station, allegedly refusing to suit up, spewing off to the press on multiple occasions about the mcgahee situation, exposing his delusions of grandeur to a florida based reporter ("i'm a top five back"), and -- last but not least -- blowing through hundreds of thousands of dollars so quickly that he signed a chump-change extension to cover his freaking summer living bills. stop deluding yourself, dog!!

aha, dog -- you assume travis is a rational actor, and have fallen into the trap that plague rational choice theory. he's not a rational actor -- he's a highly emotional and immature slow blinker (remember the unreported "learning disability" the bills found about to their chagrin after he was drafted?).  from all the evidence, foresight is not a gift of his.  he will without a doubt be a complainer, malcontent, and head case, and any thought that he'll put that his negative energy aside in order to secure his future might want to take a look back at his past behavior: picking up the lolita at the gas station, allegedly refusing to suit up, spewing off to the press on multiple occasions about the mcgahee situation, exposing his delusions of grandeur to a florida based reporter ("i'm a top five back"), and -- last but not least -- blowing through hundreds of thousands of dollars so quickly that he signed a chump-change extension to cover his freaking summer living bills. stop deluding yourself, dog!!

261939[/snapback]

None of those had anything to do with being on the field.

None of those had anything to do with being on the field.

261944[/snapback]

How much of a risk do you want to take that the sulking Henry won't be prepared for action in case Willis gets hurt? Flashback of Billy Bob Joe?

How much of a risk do you want to take that the sulking Henry won't be prepared for action in case Willis gets hurt?  Flashback of Billy Bob Joe?

261976[/snapback]

I hope they trade him for Shelton. I wouldn't mindd them trading him for a player who will help immediately. I would love a #2 pick for him. One of those scenarios may very well happen. If it doesn't, I want him to be the Bills back-up. There is no reason IMO to give him away for nothing, as we would then need to find a guy who is not going to be as good as he is. Shaud Williams would be the insurance for the insurance. If Travis implodes, you go out and get an Eddie George or Antowain Smith. I just don't see it happening.

People always talk about him sulking. I was at a game this year where I specifically watched him on the bench and every time Willis scored, which was twice that game I believe, Travis was up and went over to him and patted him on the helmet. He is not a smart guy, he has limitations as a player, he does not know how to speak to the press. He can sulk. But I am not saying this because I like Travis Henry. I think Willis is far, far a superior player. I am just saying that if your #1 goes down, which they often do, your number 2 better be very good and able to carry the load, and it is my opinion that Travis would not only be one of the best backups in the league, but be an animal if Willis went down, knowing that he may get a huge payday if he performs well. If Willis doesn't go down, I just don't see Travis hurting the team just because he is pissed off or dreaming of getting out of there. He has a chip on his shoulder. He motivates himself like Thurman used to, using anger and his napoleonic complex to fire himself up.