Ranking the Starting QB's Since Kelly

JPL7

I thought this would be a fun topic to banter about. How would you rank the starting QB's we have had since Jimbo retired? Boy, is this list cringe worthy...

Todd Collins

Alex Van Pelt
Doug Flutie
Rob Johnson
Drew Bledsoe
JP Losman
Kelly Holcomb
Trent Edwards
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Brian Brohm
EJ Manuel
Thad Lewis
Jeff Tuel
Kyle Orton
Matt Cassel
Tyrod Taylor

I would say my top 5 would be: Bledsoe, Fitz, Tyrod, Flutie, Trent

Bottom of the barrel: Brohm, Tuel, Cassel

GO BILLS!!

Why? It like asking which pile of crap is better than the other.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flutie

Taylor

Fitz

Bledsoe

Orton

I beg you guys to go back and look at Bledsoe's Bills tenure after the 1st half of the 1st year. He was AWFUL. We remember his tenure way more fondly than we should.

But maybe that says more about the competition than it does about Bledsoe? I mean, the fact that a guy put up a really good half season as a Bills starting QB causes him to be remembered as the best of the last couple decades?

EDIT: ok, I had to look. Bledsoe's first year, Game 12, Dolphins (ahead of us in the standings at the time): 38-21 win. 15-27, 306, 3 TDs, 132.6 QBR. I thought it was a big win. In the end, it was just a win.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Flutie

Taylor

Fitz

Bledsoe

Orton

I beg you guys to go back and look at Bledsoe's Bills tenure after the 1st half of the 1st year. He was AWFUL. We remember his tenure way more fondly than we should.

Yep. I'd take your top 3 as-is, make Orton #4, and then cut off the list

Doug Flutie
Drew Bledsoe
Kyle Orton
Ryan Fitzpatrick
TyrodTaylor
Trent Edwards
Kelly Holcomb
Todd Collins
EJ Manual
Rob Johnson
JP Losman
Alex Van Pelt
Thad Lewis
Jeff Tuel
Brian Brohm

Matt Cassel

Cassel never started for the Bills. In fact he never even took a regular season snap

Doug Flutie
Drew Bledsoe
Kyle Orton
Ryan Fitzpatrick
TyrodTaylor
Trent Edwards
Kelly Holcomb
Todd Collins
EJ Manual
Rob Johnson
JP Losman
Alex Van Pelt
Thad Lewis
Jeff Tuel
Brian Brohm

Cassel never started for the Bills. In fact he never even took a regular season snap

Technically, he started one game for the Bills in the 2015 opener with Tyrod split out wide.

But maybe that says more about the competition than it does about Bledsoe? I mean, the fact that a guy put up a really good half season as a Bills starting QB causes him to be remembered as the best of the last couple decades?

EDIT: ok, I had to look. Bledsoe's first year, Game 12, Dolphins (ahead of us in the standings at the time): 38-21 win. 15-27, 306, 3 TDs, 132.6 QBR. I thought it was a big win. In the end, it was just a win.

Just went back and did the numbers after his first 8 starts (he had 48 total with the Bills).

His last 40 starts:

18-22 record, 57.9% completion, 187 yards a game, 39 TDs, 38 INTs

Just went back and did the numbers after his first 8 starts (he had 48 total with the Bills).

His last 40 starts:

Back in the day, someone ran his record and stats against teams with winning records. You'd expect the numbers to be worse, but his were off-the-charts brutal.

His last 40 starts:

For us, that's pretty good. And he did pretty doggone well in 2004 minus the last game (mentioned to save Rico the time and energy of a new post,).