Round 1 Pick 22:  Landry, Harold, OLB/DE, Boston College
Round 2 Pick 21:  Crosby, Tyrell, OT, Oregon
Round 2 Pick 24:  Ragnow, Frank, C/OG, Arkansas
Round 3 Pick 1:  Baker, Jerome, OLB, Ohio State
Round 3 Pick 32:  Freeman, Royce, RB, Oregon
Round 4 Pick 21:  Maddox, Avonte, CB, Pittsburgh
Round 5 Pick 29:  Ateman, Marcell, WR, Oklahoma State
Round 6 Pick 13:  Ford, Poona, DT, Texas

I would be ecstatic with your board. But the obvious issue with your slate is it reasonable to expect Mayfield to be on the board when we pick at the 12 spot? And related to that issue is do you really believe that the Bills would risk losing out on one of the top four qb by waiting. My point is even if Mayfield was to drop the Bills would take a preemptive action (trading picks for a move up)  to guarantee that we have a premium prospect when we make our first pick. 

What your board and the boards of the other posters demonstrate is if the Bills keep their picks they can significantly bolster the roster. On the other hand the issue becomes is it better to draft stay pat and draft a qb like Lamar (like Bandito's board) or is it better to get the qb you most prefer at the expense of giving up picks? My uncourageous response is that I am ambivalent. :ph34r: 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I would be ecstatic with your board. But the obvious issue with your slate is it reasonable to expect Mayfield to be on the board when we pick at the 12 spot? And related to that issue is do you really believe that the Bills would risk losing out on one of the top four qb by waiting. My point is even if Mayfield was to drop the Bills would take a preemptive action (trading picks for a move up)  to guarantee that we have a premium prospect when we make our first pick. 

What your board and the boards of the other posters demonstrate is if the Bills keep their picks they can significantly bolster the roster. On the other hand the issue becomes is it better to draft stay pat and draft a qb like Lamar (like Bandito's board) or is it better to get the qb you most prefer at the expense of giving up picks? My uncourageous response is that I am ambivalent. :ph34r: 

It's a simulation through First-Pick.com so it's at the behest of the website how things pan out. I've traded up to 4, 6 8 & 9 to chase a QB with others that I've done. Baker, Lamar & Rudolph typically fall to 12 using that site so it's a good way of simulating the "What if?" of the Bills not having to give up assets.

I'm not going to flip out if they end up with one of the 3 guys that are outside of my 'must have' guys at QB. I just think that it'll take a more long-term and calculated schematic approach in how you introduce & develop them.

The Buffalo Bills trade #12 and #53 to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for #7 and select:

Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

The Pittsburgh Steelers trade #28 and #92 to the Buffalo Bills for #22, the Steelers select Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State.

BUF #28 from Pittsburgh:

Rashaan Evans, LB, Albama

BUF #56:

Connor Williams, RT, Texas

BUF #65:

DJ Chark, WR, LSU

BUF #92 from Pittsburgh:

Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford

BUF #96:

Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa

I still have high hopes that we move up for a QB, but if we get locked out then I wouldn't be upset with a haul like this.

12: R1P12 - G WILL HERNANDEZ, UTEP
22: R1P22 - QB MASON RUDOLPH, OKLAHOMA STATE
53: R2P21 - DL TIM SETTLE, VIRGINIA TECH
56: R2P24 - OT TYRELL CROSBY, OREGON
65: R3P1 - WR DANTE PETTIS, WASHINGTON
96: R3P32 - LB DARIUS LEONARD, SOUTH CAROLINA STATE
121: R4P21 - RB AKRUM WADLEY, IOWA
166: R5P29 - LB DORIAN O'DANIEL, CLEMSON
187: R6P13 - CB BRANDON FACYSON, VIRGINIA TECH

56 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I still have high hopes that we move up for a QB, but if we get locked out then I wouldn't be upset with a haul like this.

12: R1P12 - G WILL HERNANDEZ, UTEP
22: R1P22 - QB MASON RUDOLPH, OKLAHOMA STATE
53: R2P21 - DL TIM SETTLE, VIRGINIA TECH
56: R2P24 - OT TYRELL CROSBY, OREGON
65: R3P1 - WR DANTE PETTIS, WASHINGTON
96: R3P32 - LB DARIUS LEONARD, SOUTH CAROLINA STATE
121: R4P21 - RB AKRUM WADLEY, IOWA
166: R5P29 - LB DORIAN O'DANIEL, CLEMSON
187: R6P13 - CB BRANDON FACYSON, VIRGINIA TECH

I love the Facyson pick late...he's a great fit for McDermott's scheme, and he's definitely a "process" guy.

Not sure that I think this is a very realistic draft, but I used FanSpeak and the most recent NDT Scouting board. I'm obviously biased because I did the drafting, but the below draft would be an absolute miracle to me. No trades:

12: R1P12

QB SAM DARNOLD
USC
22: R1P22

LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE
53: R2P21

WR DANTE PETTIS
WASHINGTON
56: R2P24

C BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
65: R3P1

RB RASHAAD PENNY
SAN DIEGO STATE
96: R3P32

OT KOLTON MILLER
UCLA
121: R4P21

DL HARRISON PHILLIPS
STANFORD
166: R5P29

DL RJ MCINTOSH
MIAMI
187: R6P13

LB DORIAN O'DANIEL
CLEMSON

On 4/13/2018 at 2:00 AM, Logic said:

Not sure that I think this is a very realistic draft, but I used FanSpeak and the most recent NDT Scouting board. I'm obviously biased because I did the drafting, but the below draft would be an absolute miracle to me. No trades:

12: R1P12

QB SAM DARNOLD
USC
22: R1P22

LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE
53: R2P21

WR DANTE PETTIS
WASHINGTON
56: R2P24

C BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
65: R3P1

RB RASHAAD PENNY
SAN DIEGO STATE
96: R3P32

OT KOLTON MILLER
UCLA
121: R4P21

DL HARRISON PHILLIPS
STANFORD
166: R5P29

DL RJ MCINTOSH
MIAMI
187: R6P13

LB DORIAN O'DANIEL
CLEMSON

Best draft I have seen. It's too unrealistic though.

Composite board, ignoring guys that will most likely be gone...who wouldn't take this draft?

1: R1P12

QB LAMAR JACKSON
LOUISVILLE
2: R1P22

CB JAIRE ALEXANDER
LOUISVILLE
3: R2P21

LB DARIUS LEONARD
SOUTH CAROLINA STATE
4: R2P24

WR DANTE PETTIS
WASHINGTON
5: R3P1

OT JAMARCO JONES
OHIO STATE
6: R3P32

DL NATHAN SHEPHERD
FORT HAYS STATE
7: R4P21

RB KALEN BALLAGE
ARIZONA STATE
8: R5P29

LB SHAQUEM GRIFFIN
CENTRAL FLORIDA
9: R6P13

EDGE JOE OSTMAN
CENTRAL MICHIGAN

Thinking this might be the right spot for this. Did a mock on another site where I post that has fans to represent most teams. Any team not represented got one of the diehards to fill in and pick for that team's needs. We're still in the late 2nd round but I'm pretty satisfied thus far:

Bills trade #12 & #65 to Chicago for #8 and #115, select Baker Mayfield. (Rosen, Allen, Darnold all off the board)

Bills trade #22 and #96 to Tennessee for #25, #89 and #125, select Leighton Vander Esch. (Elected to move down when my #1 target James Daniels went at 21 and there were 5-6 guys left on the board I would take in the range; Will Hernandez, Rashaan Evans, Vander Esch, Isaiah Wynn, Taven Bryan)

Bills trade #56 and #115 to Seattle (via Dallas from another trade) for #50, select Frank Ragnow. Jumped ahead of Baltimore and Detroit here as they had OL needs also.

At #53 the Bills select Anthony Averett. A CB with a pro comparison of Tre White and one of the highest remaining players on the board was just too good to pass up here.

I feel like I've plugged 3 major holes (QB, ILB, C/G) and one minor one. Will try to address WR or OLB with the remaining picks. Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.