2018 Mock drafts and top prospects

Watkins101

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-select-qb-baker-mayfield-to-replace-andy-dalton/

21. Buffalo Bills from Chiefs

Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State. Rudolph is a pocket-passer by trade and demonstrated scrambling ability when needed. He has quality touch down the field and is capable of making all the throws, especially the deep out from the far hash. He's also unafraid to pull the trigger on a pass toward a  receiver being tightly covered. In many ways, his game contrasts with Tyrod Taylor's. 

22. Buffalo Bills

Vita Vea, DT, Washington. Third unchanged pick from a week ago. Can't tweak it at the moment. Too perfect. Vea is stunningly strong, capable of controlling offensive linemen and tossing them aside to make impact stops against the run. His hand use helps him as a pass-rusher too. He's what the Bills need in the interior.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-select-qb-baker-mayfield-to-replace-andy-dalton/

21. Buffalo Bills from Chiefs

Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State. Rudolph is a pocket-passer by trade and demonstrated scrambling ability when needed. He has quality touch down the field and is capable of making all the throws, especially the deep out from the far hash. He's also unafraid to pull the trigger on a pass toward a  receiver being tightly covered. In many ways, his game contrasts with Tyrod Taylor's. 

22. Buffalo Bills

Vita Vea, DT, Washington. Third unchanged pick from a week ago. Can't tweak it at the moment. Too perfect. Vea is stunningly strong, capable of controlling offensive linemen and tossing them aside to make impact stops against the run. His hand use helps him as a pass-rusher too. He's what the Bills need in the interior.

....saw a couple of mocks that had Rudolph falling to the 2nd.......I don't get to see college ball, so is that feasible or reasonable?.....

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....saw a couple of mocks that had Rudolph falling to the 2nd.......I don't get to see college ball, so is that feasible or reasonable?.....

Possible but with his prototypical size and pocket passing skills, I can see him gettting drafted in the 1st. 

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Possible but with his prototypical size and pocket passing skills, I can see him gettting drafted in the 1st. 

...thanks for your perspective....so it seems if Buffalo could land him at 21, they get a decent 1st round QB while preserving draft capital versus surrendering picks to move up...seems like a win-win....

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thanks for your perspective....so it seems if Buffalo could land him at 21, they get a decent 1st round QB while preserving draft capital versus surrendering picks to move up...seems like a win-win....

Certainly a plausible scenario from my perspective with many needs on the team that must be addressed. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Certainly a plausible scenario from my perspective with many needs to the team that must be addressed. 

....agree bud...these trade up scenarios surrendering massive draft capital make zero sense and something I don't see happening with this gang..............

On 12/12/2017 at 3:53 PM, Woodman19 said:

Browns will take a QB #1 and sell off the Texans pick to teams like us for the tier 2 QB's left on the board.

That's an interesting thought.  That pick will still net a king's ransom.  It is currently the 6th pick and Niners/Colts won't be going QB and possibly NYG.  That would leave 6 as a spot teams could jump to and get the 3rd qb.  6th pick is worth less points by the old trade chart than the 2 #1s the Bills currently have.  So trade would look something like this:

Bills Give: 15 and 21

Bills Get: 6 and late 3rd/early 4th rounder.

Bills made a deal with Dorsey last year too so hopefully they have that good working relationship!

6 hours ago, section122 said:

That's an interesting thought.  That pick will still net a king's ransom.  It is currently the 6th pick and Niners/Colts won't be going QB and possibly NYG.  That would leave 6 as a spot teams could jump to and get the 3rd qb.  6th pick is worth less points by the old trade chart than the 2 #1s the Bills currently have.  So trade would look something like this:

Bills Give: 15 and 21

Bills Get: 6 and late 3rd/early 4th rounder.

Bills made a deal with Dorsey last year too so hopefully they have that good working relationship!

It would take more than that. We would have to give 2 1sts plus something

On 12/14/2017 at 2:49 AM, Mountain Man said:

That would be a great draft for me and the way I'd like to go if our draft spots remain about where they are now. A stud DT to rebuild the line and a LB to sit alongside Milano suddenly gives the D a huge improvement

lol only a bills fan would enjoy drafting a DT and LB.

SMH

46 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

And when we can't pass for 200 yards game in and game out, i'd be sure to remind you of this.

And? Go ahead. The issue we have is not the QB, it's the OC and a D that can't stop the run. Our offense was fine with Taylor last season.

I'm fine with taking a QB, but outside the top 2 prospects is there really much difference? Allen is a complete punt, same with Mayfield for different reasons, and Jackson they can't even decide if he is a QB or a WR. There are good prospects at QB in the 2nd, even 3rd. That is when we should look QB unless Darnold or Rosen falls.

The total effect on our team would be biggest taking a DT, LB or O lineman early. Someone like Nelson would have a huge effect on our offense. Throwing a dart at a QB is fine, but it should be at the right value

Edited by Mountain Man

3 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

And? Go ahead. The issue we have is not the QB, it's the OC and a D that can't stop the run. Our offense was fine with Taylor last season.

I'm fine with taking a QB, but outside the top 2 prospects is there really much difference? Allen is a complete punt, same with Mayfield for different reasons, and Jackson they can't even decide if he is a QB or a WR. There are good prospects at QB in the 2nd, even 3rd. That is when we should look QB unless Darnold or Rosen falls.

The total effect on our team would be biggest taking a DT, LB or O lineman early. Someone like Nelson would have a huge effect on our offense. Throwing a dart at a QB is fine, but it should be at the right value

no, it really wasn't.

30th in passing. in fact, taylor was so bad that he got his OC fired. :lol:

the only reason the offense was any kind of effective was Shady McCoy and to say otherwise is disingenuous.

Edited by joesixpack

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

no, it really wasn't.

30th in passing. in fact, taylor was so bad that he got his OC fired. :lol:

the only reason the offense was any kind of effective was Shady McCoy and to say otherwise is disingenuous.

Yes it was, because it's total output that matters and because Tyrod facilitates the run game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.