3rd QB Yates or someone else?

HT02

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...so you'd sign Webb, release Yates and gamble with Peterman clearing waivers for PS?.....what's your strategy bud to protect Peterman?.....

Peterman makes the 53 with ease over Yates. He may be the starting QB week 1 and then beyond. I think the decision is whether the Bills will keep 3 QBs. If the Bills want a 3rd QB who can do other things, they may go for Webb over Yates..

...so you'd sign Webb, release Yates and gamble with Peterman clearing waivers for PS?.....what's your strategy bud to protect Peterman?.....

Huh? I'm cut Yates, keep Peterman as a backup, & Webb could fill multiple positions.

So looks like Yates is on the 53. A wasted roster spot imo

HE KNOWS THE OFFENSE AND IS FAMILIAR WITH THE COACHES!!!

Peterman makes the 53 with ease over Yates. He may be the starting QB week 1 and then beyond. I think the decision is whether the Bills will keep 3 QBs. If the Bills want a 3rd QB who can do other things, they may go for Webb over Yates..

...on the same page....so we're looking at a PS guy..............

I have felt all pre-season and off-season workouts that Dennison would want TJ Yates on this roster. Not at all surprised that he makes it.

Why??? Seriously, they could get a qb from UB and I won't notice a difference over Yates. They are treating this guy like an upper tier backup instead of a guy who could be out of the league.

Why??? Seriously, they could get a qb from UB and I won't notice a difference over Yates. They are treating this guy like an upper tier backup instead of a guy who could be out of the league.

I didn't want Yates on the roster but always felt he would be. I explained it to Kirby a few weeks back... coaches have scheme arrogance. They think "my scheme is so good if I can just get someone to run it then we will succeed." So they value that scheme know how even if the guy can't in reality make the throws.

I didn't want Yates on the roster but always felt he would be. I explained it to Kirby a few weeks back... coaches have scheme arrogance. They think "my scheme is so good if I can just get someone to run it then we will succeed." So they value that scheme know how even if the guy can't in reality make the throws.

These coaches are such robots.

You look for upside, if possible. Like, what if the Lions cut Jake Rudock? Grab him over Yates, IMO.

There's really no reason for a vet journeyman at 3rd string. That's a spot for a developmental guy.

What do you really think Jake ruduck is going to become that Yates isn't??

We already have the developmental guy- it's either plug in a vet or just carry two and put an emergency guy on the PS

I predict that if Hotrod goes down, Yates will be next man up.

I hope you're wrong about that; Yates is awful and shouldn't even be in the league at this point. He clearly doesn't even have the tools to be a back-up QB.

I am happy that the Bills decided to move on from Yates but I still would like to see them sign a QB to the practice squad. Webb really isn't a QB and I would like to have them at least taking a shot in the dark with another young guy with some upside.