Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I can't believe Boeheim let Huerter go because of scholarship problems 

he would be the big time shooter we need

He didn’t “let him go.”  There simply wasn’t a scholarship available for Huerter after the sanctions went into effect.  They were limited and already spoken for by players who had committed.  

They recruited Huerter REALLY hard since he was a freshman.  Trust me...he would have been Orange if they had a scholly for him.  

Total NCAA bag over the head punch in the face.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He didn’t “let him go.”  There simply wasn’t a scholarship available for Huerter after the sanctions went into effect.  They were limited and already spoken for by players who had committed.  

They recruited Huerter REALLY hard since he was a freshman.  Trust me...he would have been Orange if they had a scholly for him.  

Total NCAA bag over the head punch in the face.

I thought Boeheim offered a scholarship at one point and after the sanctions and commits didn't have another 1

so it still is kinda letting him go. Coulda got him to commit sooner

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I thought Boeheim offered a scholarship at one point and after the sanctions and commits didn't have another 1

That is exactly what happened.  Huerter took his sweet time committing, as was his right to do, but by the time he was ready to make a decision he no longer had a scholarship available at Syracuse.  

Boeheim could have pulled a dirtbag Tom Crean move, and lifted a scholly from a verbal commit for Huerter, but he didn’t.

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

That is exactly what happened.  Huerter took his sweet time committing, as was his right to do, but by the time he was ready to make a decision he no longer had a scholarship available at Syracuse.  

Boeheim could have pulled a dirtbag Tom Crean move, and lifted a scholly from a verbal commit for Huerter, but he didn’t.

Yea. It stinks but it is what it is.

the kid was a top 75 consensus recruit and in Boeheims recruiting hotbed

it definitely stings but we got some nice talent coming

Edited by Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea. It stinks but it is what it is.

the kid was a top 75 consensus recruit and in Boeheims recruiting hotbed

it definitely stings but we got some nice talent coming

Jalen Carey and Darius Bazley are both top 40 recruits (I think Bazley is 9).  Buddy Boeheim not nearly as accomplished, but he is the shooter that we desperately need.  Jalen Carey is that pure point guard we have been lacking.

Bazley is special...probably our best recruit since Melo (I realize that is becoming cliche, but I really feel that way).  Loving the idea of Bazley playing at the 4 next to Sidibe/Chukwu next year.

The future at Syracuse is very, very bright.  We will have incredible depth at all positions next year.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Jalen Carey and Darius Bazley are both top 40 recruits (I think Bazley is 9).  Buddy Boeheim not nearly as accomplished, but he is the shooter that we desperately need.  Jalen Carey is that pure point guard we have been lacking.

Bazley is special...probably our best recruit since Melo (I realize that is becoming cliche, but I really feel that way).  Loving the idea of Bazley playing at the 4 next to Sidibe/Chukwu next year.

The future at Syracuse is very, very bright.  We will have incredible depth at all positions next year.

Oh yea. I bleed orange . It's my alma mater

Bazley keeps climbing the rankings and might finish top 5. He's a beast, I can't wait

Buddy is actually maturing a lot too. He can ball and had an offer from gonzaga as well as a few others

great shooter and his AAU team struggles when he doesn't play so it shows he is turning into a key player for his teams 

sad Boeheim only has 4-5 more years but he might be able to pull out 1 more Championship. Gotta stay healthy and eligible 

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Mo Bamba is from Harlem.. Did Boeheim not have a shot with this guy? He'd kill in the zone but evidently wanted to get as far from new York as possible.

They recruited Bamba really hard until he made it clear to the coaching staff that he wasn’t interested.  

23 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

They recruited Bamba really hard until he made it clear to the coaching staff that he wasn’t interested.  

yeah that's what I gathered. Bamba's a weird dude. I'm from Austin, he wasn't even on Shaka Smart's radar, he actually called Shaka and asked if he could come down for a visit lol.

Anyways I saw Bamba against Bagley in the Duke Texas game, and Bagley for the most part had his way with him. Bamba seems like a defensive force, sadly not for Syracuse, that will bust hard in the NBA. He is sloooow on offense.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Sucks, but he wasn’t going to be much of a factor this season anyway.  I think they want to groom Howard Washington more.  I’ll put out the bat signal to see what I can find out about this.

He didn't play much against Maryland and was a quick yank

maybe he wanted to be more involved 

39 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He didn't play much against Maryland and was a quick yank

maybe he wanted to be more involved 

My “source” tells me that Thorpe and JB got into a big blow up after the MD game.  I guess it got pretty nasty.  Obviously about playing time.  Apparently, Thorpe crossed the line with Jimmy and he told Geno to take a hike.  Allegedly, they wanted to be able to give more minutes to Howard Washington anyway.  But if Frank Howard or Battle get hurt...oh boy!  

I'm sure geno didn't take too kindly to Jimmy B's comments about that MD kid that he wanted but didn't have any scholarships for...

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My “source” tells me that Thorpe and JB got into a big blow up after the MD game.  I guess it got pretty nasty.  Obviously about playing time.  Apparently, Thorpe crossed the line with Jimmy and he told Geno to take a hike.  Allegedly, they wanted to be able to give more minutes to Howard Washington anyway.  But if Frank Howard or Battle get hurt...oh boy!  

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yea sounds about right. I believe it

Frank Howard is blooming before our eyes and tyus battle is still a blue chipper but they both better stay healthy!

i know a lot about Howard Washington because he is a buffalo boy and I like his rhythmic play. Reminds me of Tyler Ennis though not at that level yet. Just play style

hopefully he is finding his groove

1 minute ago, The Poojer said:

I'm sure geno didn't take too kindly to Jimmy B's comments about that MD kid that he wanted but didn't have any scholarships for...

Hueter is a sophomore 

Geno is a graduate transfer from this class. His scholarship didn't mess up Huerter coming to SU

• Like (+1) 1

for some reason i thought he was a freshman....ok...

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea sounds about right. I believe it

Frank Howard is blooming before our eyes and tyus battle is still a blue chipper but they both better stay healthy!

i know a lot about Howard Washington because he is a buffalo boy and I like his rhythmic play. Reminds me of Tyler Ennis though not at that level yet. Just play style

hopefully he is finding his groove

Hueter is a sophomore 

Geno is a graduate transfer from this class. His scholarship didn't mess up Huerter coming to SU

57 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He is a beast! Wish he was in orange 

He wasn't a beast against the Bonnies a week ago.  He had 5 points and 3 turnovers - and generally looked bad.  Glad he picked this week to get into Beast Mode.

13 minutes ago, bbb said:

He wasn't a beast against the Bonnies a week ago.  He had 5 points and 3 turnovers - and generally looked bad.  Glad he picked this week to get into Beast Mode.

Hes still a young kid

but he was a top 75 recruit in the county. He's very talented

hope the Bonnies keep playing well