NFL suspends Vontaze Burfict 5 games (update: 3 games)

YoloinOhio

And it was in the 5 yard zone , and the QB let go of the ball. Looks like he thought his guy was getting the ball, squared up closed his eyes and hit him. Looks legal to me. If it's helmet to helmet or a high hit then ok, but seems harsh to me

Holy crap. So, you are saying Burfict's instincts are so bad it led to this? Because, 5 yards or not you still can't hit a defenseless player.

Looks legal to you. That's a good one.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope this is a special case for Burfict because otherwise a suspension for that hit is a joke.

I agree.

It was a clean hit, within the rules of the game.

The only reason he's suspended is because of his past. That's wrong. I'm not saying he hasn't been dirty in the past; he has. And I'm one who thinks the league would be better off without him.

But that decision should have been made after he actually did something wrong. This suspension is complete BS.

I agree.

It was a clean hit, within the rules of the game.

The only reason he's suspended is because of his past. That's wrong. I'm not saying he hasn't been dirty in the past; he has. And I'm one who thinks the league would be better off without him.

But that decision should have been made after he actually did something wrong. This suspension is complete BS.

Its a clean hit to lay out an eligible receiver who isn't being targeted?

...end of discussion...a model citizen and the epitome of an NFL player............

Bengals signed WLB Vontaze Burfict to a three-year, $38.68 million extension through 2020.

That's one year for every game the cheap shot artist is suspended to begin the season. Undrafted in 2012 because of character concerns after a star career at Arizona State, Burfict proved to be an instant difference-maker. He stuffs the stat-sheet with tackles, forced turnovers and the occasional sack. He routinely earns high grades from Pro Football Focus. Burfict does have a long and concerning injury history, including concussion issues. He turns 27 later this month.
Sep 7 - 5:29 PM
Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy