The Good News :)

Are people smoking crack here?

Picking top 5 in not acceptable and neither is tanking.

Also if Cleveland doesn't take a QB because of kizer they are also smoking crack.

Bunch of losers here. Losers wanna lose and tank

Applause and salute.

The worst thing about it is people seem to assume that losing and drafting one of the

supposed best QB's will be a guarantee of that QB being good. Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf,

Akili Smith, Jamarcus Russell were supposed to be good too, and I could go on. The QB

does not have to be drafted in the top 5.

I wonder how many people who are down with losing ever played competitive sports.

at any level.

Edited by purple haze

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Applause and salute.

The worst thing about it is people seem to assume that losing and drafting one of the

supposed best QB's will be a guarantee of that QB being good. Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf,

Akili Smith, Jamarcus Russell were supposed to be good too, and I could go on. The QB

I wonder how many people who are down with losing ever played competitive sports.

at any level.

That's exactly what I said.

If i told any one of my coaches I was gonna half ass it or I didn't care he woulda kicked my ass off the squad instantly .

I don't know the definition of quit. 100% gets results

You can rebuild without tanking. Look at Seattle.

If we suck because we're bad, whatever. But we aren't a 4-12 team

Sure, you can rebuild without tanking...but it depends on if the team got new coaches...whether the players currently on the roster fit the scheme of the new coaches...whether there is a franchise QB on the roster or not...and what the cap situation is...but every situation is different.

And it remains to be seen whether we are a 4-12 team or not..but I will tell you one thing, though...Tyrod Taylor has certainly been playing like a 4-12 QB this preseason...so anything is possible.

Sure, you can rebuild without tanking...but it depends on if the team got new coaches...whether the players currently on the roster fit the scheme of the new coaches...whether there is a franchise QB on the roster or not...and what the cap situation is...but every situation is different.

And it remains to be seen whether we are a 4-12 team or not..but I will tell you one thing, though...Tyrod Taylor has certainly been playing like a 4-12 QB this preseason...so anything is possible.

You are right that TT is playing like a 4-12 QB

Applause and salute.

at any level.

Just Lose baby! People will get over it when we get our franchise QB. We tried your way the last ten years, how did it work out?

Edited by bisonbrigade

If i told any one of my coaches I was gonna half ass it or I didn't care he woulda kicked my ass off the squad instantly .

Yeah, losing never makes sense to me in general. On purpose? Hell nah.

Just Lose baby! People will get over it when we get our franchise QB. We tried your way the last ten years, how did it work out?

It's not my way. The object of any competitive sport is to win. Analytics and various other ways of looking at sports is cool to a degree,

but unfortunately, it seems that people take more joy in stats and analysis than the actual game. If the Bills lose let them lose trying to

do what the game is about: win.

Tanking is no guarantee of finding a great QB. Go read the pre-draft write ups of the QB position; "next year" the crop of QBs is always

expected to be better. Rarely is that the case. Some of the best QBs in the league were not drafted in the top ten. Would you take

Rogers, Brady, or Brees over Stafford, Newton and Ryan? Most would.

Nobody has advocated for players not trying hard. It's ludicrous to think players would do that in the first place.

This team will lose because of lack of talent.

It seems to me like you are emphatically not that different in the thinking of many. FO is not "tanking", they are proper rebuilding thinking about the long term as opposed to the "sell tickets now" approach.

But to act like people who would have hope from a high pick are losers or havent played sports tells me a bit about you, too. My guess is you and I define "success" in life in grossly different manners.

I'm sure our definitions of success in football are the same, but I guess I would rather bottom out because we can't keep supporting the farce that we can win this year, or pretend like 8 wins is some noble cause. It is always best to make moves for the future betterment rather than now unless you are actually close to being competitive.

And of course the players we have will try like hell to win, I would not expect any less.

Nobody has advocated for players not trying hard. It's ludicrous to think players would do that in the first place.

This team will lose because of lack of talent.

It seems to me like you are emphatically not that different in the thinking of many. FO is not "tanking", they are proper rebuilding thinking about the long term as opposed to the "sell tickets now" approach.

But to act like people who would have hope from a high pick are losers or havent played sports tells me a bit about you, too. My guess is you and I define "success" in life in grossly different manners.

I'm sure our definitions of success in football are the same, but I guess I would rather bottom out because we can't keep supporting the farce that we can win this year, or pretend like 8 wins is some noble cause. It is always best to make moves for the future betterment rather than now unless you are actually close to being competitive.

And of course the players we have will try like hell to win, I would not expect any less.

Re building correctly IS PERFECTLY FINE.

No fan can be a fan and say I want to go 2-14.

I want to win the SB this year even though I know it isn't happening. People here want to go 2-14, that isn't fandem that's pathetic.

We ARE GONNA HAVE A GREAT PICK REGARDLESS. WE HAVE AMMO.

Tank and rebuild ARE NOT THE SAME

OP wants a tank

And regarding success in life... don't get me wrong... not a bigot or money first.

Try your best, have love in your heart and you are successful IMO.. i wasn't talking about money ,more the soul and being loved.

If you have family and friends and give 100% and have love in your heart you are a success to me

Edited by Buffalo716

Also if Cleveland doesn't take a QB because of kizer they are also smoking crack.

Finally , someone that doesn't quit before the bullets start flying .

I want the number one overall pick and I guarantee you I'm not a loser. Winners understand sometimes I got to take a step back to actually start winning

Re building correctly IS PERFECTLY FINE.

No fan can be a fan and say I want to go 2-14.

I want to win the SB this year even though I know it isn't happening. People here want to go 2-14, that isn't fandem that's pathetic.

We ARE GONNA HAVE A GREAT PICK REGARDLESS. WE HAVE AMMO.

Tank and rebuild ARE NOT THE SAME

OP wants a tank

I've been a die-hard fan since 1983 and I say tank. I want to go 1 and 15 I want the number one overall pick past time to have it and get a quality quarterback

I want the number one overall pick and I guarantee you I'm not a loser. Winners understand sometimes I got to take a step back to actually start winning

I've been a die-hard fan since 1983 and I say tank. I want to go 1 and 15 I want the number one overall pick past time to have it and get a quality quarterback

I am man enough to respect your opinion

But as a ex player and someone who is stil in the football profession I disagree

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WE NEED A QB

But we don't need to tank to grab a QB.

Edited by Buffalo716

I want the Bills to win a SB every year but I also realize we don't win that SB without a QB who plays at a high level consistently.

I love the people who think this team is close to coming to being a playoff team. This team will finish somewhere between 4-12 and 6-10. This is for numerous reasons. First year coach and his system, a brutal schedule featuring said great QBs, and an overall lack of talent on the roster.

I have watched this team waddle to no playoff appearances with top rushing offenses, top defenses, and great special teams play over the course of 17 years. There are two reasons really why we haven't been. We lack a difference maker at QB and the team in our division has one of the greatest of all time. IDC what it takes, find the QB and the rest will fall in place

Its gonna be a rough season thats for sure. Hope Dennison finds his stride at calling plays on his own without kubiak. This season looks like Derm is gonna evaluate who to keep and who to move on from. Hated blowing up the offense but whats done is done. McDerm needs to go all in and make the moves hes gotta make now in year one. I do NOT condone tanking. We are bad on offense this year. Real Bad we might tank without trying. At least the defense is better. Looks like we found our 2 safetys tho

100% agree

I didn't become the athlete I am by liking losing.

Hell I cried when I lost at the Ralph in

Bottom line this thing should have been blown up. I would rather have one terrible season and finally address quarterback with one pic not using multiples. And then use those other pics to fill in around the quarterback that's my point

Edited by KellyToughII