Steptide

Which QB  

449 members have voted

1. 1. So who's YOUR starting qb?

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is accurate and backed by many analysts .. so not sure why we want to settle for mediocre ... does anyone think there is some greater ceiling for TT that we haven't seen already?

I'd gladly move on if I thought we had anyone better. I have no interest however in putting someone in just to "see what they can do".

I have a feeling the coaches know what he can do which is why he isn't starting (yet?).

We all want Taylor to succeed.

Only the Champions of Taylor believe he will become something he isn't.

I'd love for him to prove me wrong but I think we already know what he is.

Funny.

You don't really seem to have a clue what I actually believe if by "something he isn't" you mean an exceptional pocket passer. But I'm tired of explaining what I actually think and everyone is pretty seriously entrenched in their camps. And what's funny is that there are really 2 camps and most of these "Champions of Tyrod" are pretty much in the middle here, but because of the absolute insanity of some of the anTy arguments from the fringes, defenses like "he's been an average NFL QB" turn into lunacies like "you claimed he's better than Kelly" or "you said he's Elite."

It's just stupid and frustrating. If Dennison operates an offense predicated to Taylor's strengths, Taylor could potentially have a top 10-15 QB season and with the improvements I expect on Defense, this team can finally make the playoffs. And if he can't and/or we don't, we either bench him to see Peterman for the rest of a wasted season or we just use all our stockpiled draft picks to hopefully and finally get our answer at QB.

That's pretty much what the general CoT position is, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Do as I say, not as I do, eh?

doesn't seem like you ignore Jm very well :flirt:

He is on ignore. The problem is I still see his posts when others quote him.

Ecsuse me for agreeing with people als fed up with his antics.

We all have opinions, right or wrong.

Being accused of "making" things up constantly is funny because he does just that.

KTD, I think you and I agree on most things and I respect your posts. My question is a serious one ... how many QB duties does Tyrod look good at after 6 years in the league.

The only one I can think of is his deep ball. Unfortunately, he only throws it when he knows a Bills receiver is the only one who can possibly catch it.

I can't think of another QB duty that he does well.

Arm strength to get the ball anywhere on the field.

Always keeps his eyes down the field for WRs even after plays break down before he runs.

One of the better QBs in the NFL on 3rd and long over the last 2 years.

Work ethic.

Even keeled emotionally.

Tayloring an offense (pardon the pun) to one QB fails more often as not.

Why, because said QB can miss time. What do we have then? Replacement QBs ill equipped to run said offense.

Do you recall Marrone doing that in his first season?

He ran or tried to run one offense with EJ then another with Lewis when EJ was hurt then adjusted again when EJ failed to grasp the hurry up offense and again when the Browns took out EJs knee.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

There are three dozen quarterbacks in the league who are better pocket passers than him. But in my opinion you can win with him, and you can't win with two dozen of the three dozen. You I assume don't believe you can win with him. That's cool. It's just an opinion like mine.

Love it!

I think folks are just infatuated with the traditional white pocket passer.

Tayloring an offense (pardon the pun) to one QB fails more often as not.

Why, because said QB can miss time. What do we have then? Replacement QBs ill equipped to run said offense.

Do you recall Marrone doing that in his first season?

He ran or tried to run one offense with EJ then another with Lewis when EJ was hurt then adjusted again when EJ failed to grasp the hurry up offense and again when the Browns took out EJs knee.

I'm struggling to understand what you just wrote, especially your first paragraph 0:)

EDIT: now I see you fixed it :flirt:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

I'm struggling to understand what you just wrote, especially your first paragraph 0:)

Love it!

Traditional "white" pocket passer?

Run a system and have all QBs who can run said system.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Arm strength to get the ball anywhere on the field.

Always keeps his eyes down the field for WRs even after plays break down before he runs.

One of the better QBs in the NFL on 3rd and long over the last 2 years.

Work ethic.

Even keeled emotionally.

Tyrod Taylor's 2.71 intended air yards to the sticks actually placed him inside the top 10 at sixth overall. The trouble is that his -0.26 completed air yards to the sticks saw him drop to 13th in that category. He was the only player who was not in the top 10 of both metrics. The mentality and intent is there for Taylor on third down, but whether by his own misses or the failings of his pass-catchers, the results weren't there.

Love it!

:blink:

Yes.

Did you not understand the word?

I'm not pointing to any individual or even saying it plays a role for everyone, but it's definitely part of the football zeitgeist.

This should earn you your first unpaid vacation. It damn sure better.

And so, after 34 pages, it's come down to if you don't like Taylor you're racist.

Time to shut it down.

Two schools of thought, diametrically opposed; lack of incontrovertible evidence; anonymity for the antagonists, little to no consequences for excess, total lack of willingness to even listen to the other side. This is how wars start.

Two schools of thought, diametrically opposed; lack of incontrovertible evidence; anonymity for the antagonists, little to no consequences for excess, total lack of willingness to even listen to the other side. This is how wars start.

Nope. I would rather this thread go to 100 pages with no agreement than end abruptly on the racist card.

One side was continuing to make and refute arguments, then the other went nuclear. That's not 'both sides to blame' territory.