Steptide

Which QB  

449 members have voted

1. 1. So who's YOUR starting qb?

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this week's copy of Sports Illustrated which is it's NFL Preview. Pretty telling commentary on Tyrod in the Bills team review page. Only strengths are Deep ball and elusiveness.

Quoting here ... "Weaknesses include accuracy at the intermediate levels and inability to anticipate open receivers (he's a see it and then throw it type) and discomfort in the pocket when his first read is not there. But Taylor's biggest flaw is that many times, even when his early reads are open, he doesn't get the ball out." Conversely from what I saw preseason .. Nate appeared to be a good antidote to many of these shortcomings.

Just got this week's copy of Sports Illustrated which is it's NFL Preview. Pretty telling commentary on Tyrod in the Bills team review page. Only strengths are Deep ball and elusiveness.

Quoting here ... "Weaknesses include accuracy at the intermediate levels and inability to anticipate open receivers (he's a see it and then throw it type) and discomfort in the pocket when his first read is not there. But Taylor's biggest flaw is that many times, even when his early reads are open, he doesn't get the ball out." Conversely from what I saw preseason .. Nate appeared to be a good antidote to many of these shortcomings.

....hard to deny the accuracy of this assessment........and I am NOT anti-TT.......want the kid to succeed AND realize his NFL dream...win-win IMO............

should of been pretty evident given all the discussion regarding him this off season.

6 days

We all want Taylor to succeed.

Only the Champions of Taylor believe he will become something he isn't.

I'd love for him to prove me wrong but I think we already know what he is.

don't confuse me like that. some where along the line I lost a couple days, lol

Must be an internet thing as a thread was titled the same.

actually it's just that I'm an old bastard that seems to lose or gain a day and some weeks seem like 6 days, others 8. where did the 7 day week go?

The 7 day week has taken its participation trophy and gone to its safe place. When I reached "old bastard" status my wife took away my watch, put all the kids birthdays in her smart phone and took down all the calendars. Amazing what you see and experience when the outside world doesn't rule your life. On a side note try living at the western edge of the eastern time zone. Every 10 minute drive results in being either incredibly late or incredibly early for something.

There is approximately zero chance barring injury that Peterman starts over TT.

I love what he did. He really looked surprisingly calm and in charge as a rookie. But do people even realize that he had a 54% completion which is lousy, 5.74 I think ypa which is lousy, 1 TD which isn't great (although it was a great pass), did not fair well under pressure, had a 75 passer rating which is lousy, didn't complete one pass over 22 yards which is scary since that was his Achilles heel?

He looked good at one third of the QB duties.

How about a comparison of T T's preseason and N P ?

Who is looking more comfortable in the Dennison O with the eye test?

Preseason is about working on parts of your game that need work.

Taylor is not performing well from the pocket...

There wasn't much of a pocket to perform from against Philly and he was out too soon against BAL. Looked okay week 1 against MIN. At any rate, we'll see how he looks in the actual offense next Sunday with the assumption he's recovered from the concussion.

There wasn't much of a pocket to perform from against Philly and he was out too soon against BAL. Looked okay week 1 against MIN. At any rate, we'll see how he looks in the actual offense next Sunday with the assumption he's recovered from the concussion.

true that,

Jets will probably be in tank mode ...

WGAS about preseason when we haven't seen the offense they're going to run in the regular season. OBTUSE!

I see you're still getting worked up about the QB situation. how do you know what they didn't show in preseason they were actually practicing, which I'm sure they were and I'm sure you're aware of.

that means peterman, who I'm sure has been getting reps with the ones with taylor still not cleared to play in the opener, will be running those plays that were not seen in preseason in game one.

has taylor been cleared yet?

no

will they have peterman ready by preparing him for the opener?

yes

bottom line and why some are calling for peterman rather than taylor is because while peterman looked good running those few vanilla plays in preseason, taylor looked lost and way out of sync with the same vanilla offense.

in a word he looked like crap.

with just over a week before opening day and drawing closer, it could become a reality that taylor does not start week one.

I will be supporting peterman with hopes he can manage the offense and lead them to victory?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

I see you're still getting worked up about the QB situation. how do you know what they didn't show in preseason they were actually practicing, which I'm sure they were and I'm sure you're aware of.

that means peterman, who I'm sure has been getting reps with the ones with taylor still not cleared to play in the opener, will be running those plays that were not seen in preseason in game one.

has taylor been cleared yet?

no

will they have peterman ready by preparing him for the opener?

yes

bottom line and why some are calling for peterman rather than taylor is because while peterman looked good running those few vanilla plays in preseason, taylor looked lost and way out of sync with the same vanilla offense.

in a word he looked like crap.

with just over a week before opening day and drawing closer, it could become a reality that taylor does not start week one.

I will be supporting peterman with hopes he can manage the offense and lead them to victory?

Because Dennison and Beane have talked about it. Pay attention.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Yes Denison and Beane and McD have all talked about what worked and what didn't work in preseason

Beane also started Nate was playing much better than expected.

That in and of itself may lead to Nate playing sooner than expected when TT shows is in a real NFL game that he doesn't fit the offense.

Because Dennison and Beane have talked about it. Pay attention.

The notion any HC or GM would telegraph to the fan base/public the possibility of making a change at the QB position before its made is not the way its done. Why divide a locker room.

You get that right?