So who's YOUR starting qb?

Steptide

Which QB  

449 members have voted

1. 1. So who's YOUR starting qb?

Clearly Nate Peterman has won the starting job. In reality Tyrod will start if he's truly ready to go week 1. If not then Peterman starts. If he continues to play well then it's his job to lose. That's how I see it anyways.

Edited by bmur66

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are about 10 posters like this, he is one that is familiar to any bbmb as being one, worthless post, no insight, just Tyrod sucks. Along with KellyToughII and some others that the mods have seem to have done a great job of banning. Saying Tyrod sucks every post or saying it in a different way every post adds absolutely nothing to the board or conversation

To be fair...Transplant does the same thing except it's in favor of TT.

Dude is a serious hypocrite

I'd hate to see a tank on purpose and if they did play Peterman for some entertainment value.

I don't want to see them do that either. Some do and I was just giving another possible reason why someone might have voted for Yates (wasn't me.)

I wouldn't mind seeing Peterman start at all. I thought the kid looked good out there. Some people think throwing him in the fire could "ruin" him, but I don't think that. He seems to be very mature and poised. Sure he is going to make mistakes, but so do all rookies.

I don't want to see them do that either. Some do and I was just giving another possible reason why someone might have voted for Yates (wasn't me.)

I wouldn't mind seeing Peterman start at all. I thought the kid looked good out there. Some people think throwing him in the fire could "ruin" him, but I don't think that. He seems to be very mature and poised. Sure he is going to make mistakes, but so do all rookies.

Its a tough call. We have seen QB's thrive and we've seen QB's crumble. I'm hoping for the former.

I'd take a Derek Carr rookie season and see gradual growth season after season.

The CoT [Champions* of Tyrod] may not like it but (mostly) they grudgingly admit he's not the long term future in Buffalo.

* a person who fights or argues for a cause or on behalf of someone else:

Two votes for Yates. It appears we have some aggressive Tankers in our midst!

We've had a jeffsmagic sighting. Voted for - Any Free Agents out there?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Honestly, I don't see this team going anywhere this year no matter who the QB is. I'd rather let Tyrod take all the lumps behind this o-line and let Peterman sit on the bench and learn this year. He can take a shot at the starting job next year when buffalo actually has a shot at winning some games.

Clearly Nate Peterman has won the starting job. In reality Tyrod will start if he's truly ready to go week 1. If not then Peterman starts. If he continues to play well then it's his job to lose. That's how I see it anyways.

Good God, you people put way too much stock in the preseason. I don't blame you. I used to do it, too.

But I've come to realize that about 70 snaps and less than 30 passes in a vanilla offense put out to both mask your regular season plans and put you in the positions you're least accustomed to is an insignificant evaluative tool when compared with what's gotta be well over 100 hours of practice and film study time.

Have you noticed how decisively Beane and McDermott affirmed that Taylor is the starter?

Peterman has had a nice preseason and if Taylor flops, I'll be excited to see him play and will be hopefully optimistic that he can help this team win games, but I can't believe folks honestly believe Peterman has somehow earned the #1 job based on some preseason games :doh:

Good God, you people put way too much stock in the preseason. I don't blame you. I used to do it, too.

But I've come to realize that about 70 snaps and less than 30 passes in a vanilla offense put out to both mask your regular season plans and put you in the positions you're least accustomed to is an insignificant evaluative tool when compared with what's gotta be well over 100 hours of practice and film study time.

Have you noticed how decisively Beane and McDermott affirmed that Taylor is the starter?

Peterman has had a nice preseason and if Taylor flops, I'll be excited to see him play and will be hopefully optimistic that he can help this team win games, but I can't believe folks honestly believe Peterman has somehow earned the #1 job based on some preseason games :doh:

Maybe he's been better on the training ground too.

It's Taylor's job to lose.

Not for nothing but what else would you expect him to say?

Its a tough call. We have seen QB's thrive and we've seen QB's crumble. I'm hoping for the former.

I'd take a Derek Carr rookie season and see gradual growth season after season.

The CoT [Champions* of Tyrod] may not like it but (mostly) they grudgingly admit he's not the long term future in Buffalo.

* a person who fights or argues for a cause or on behalf of someone else:

I'll give you this: Champions of Tyrod and your definition of it is much more reasonable than those zany "Church of Tyrod" pushers :thumbsup:

Maybe he's been better on the training ground too.

So what you think then is that McDermott is going in with a plan to watch Taylor lose us a few games in order to put Peterman in after he's lost his job?

Or you think he's putting Taylor in so this team can lose the most games possible?

He said that there was pretty much an open competition at every position including QB way back in the spring and yet, McDermott has been pretty emphatic about Taylor being the starting QB. So, if you think he's a liar and is trying to do one of the 2 things above, yeah maybe. I don't think McDermott wants to lose games on purpose though and I don't think he wants to tank.

But go on... keep up the narrative that Peterman actually won over Dennison and McDermott and it's some elaborate conspiracy to start Taylor instead :doh:

Seems like wishful thinking for all you anTy posters :flirt:

I'll give you this: Champions of Tyrod and your definition of it is much more reasonable than those zany "Church of Tyrod" pushers :thumbsup:

So what you think then is that McDermott is going in with a plan to watch Taylor lose us a few games in order to put Peterman in after he's lost his job?

Or you think he's putting Taylor in so this team can lose the most games possible?

He said that there was pretty much an open competition at every position including QB way back in the spring and yet, McDermott has been pretty emphatic about Taylor being the starting QB. So, if you think he's a liar and is trying to do one of the 2 things above, yeah maybe. I don't think McDermott wants to lose games on purpose though and I don't think he wants to tank.

But go on... keep up the narrative that Peterman actually won over Dennison and McDermott and it's some elaborate conspiracy to start Taylor instead :doh:

Seems like wishful thinking for all you anTy posters :flirt:

There's a grim future on the horizon where CoT members post that TT could've succeeded if more fans had his back.

It's Taylor's job to lose.

Not for nothing but what else would you expect him to say?

It wasn't Taylor's job to lose in the Spring, apparently, when everyone was so excited about how McDermott was stressing that every single position is an open competition.

So, if it's Taylor's job to lose, it's because he pretty clearly earned it through the spring camps and training camp.

Occam's razor, folks. Why are we making this so complicated? Because of a few meaningless preseason games?

There's a grim future on the horizon where CoT members post that TT could've succeeded if more fans had his back.

I won't be one of them. You and OS and Crusher and xRushx and your ilk just don't get it:

There is no CoT!

We're Bills fans, and if Taylor is bad (for me) for the first 3 or 4 games, I'll be happy to see him pulled and see Peterman in there. This QB discussion will then turn into the handful of you probably continually berating other posters (your professed "CoT") for saying things they never said.

Some people thrive off animosity. Have at it and enjoy. I just want a goddamn playoff season and I don't care who's under center when it happens!

Transplantbillsfan the main COT preacher loves to preach to have faith in Baltimore's backup while the team continues to go home for the playoffs 2 years in a row because he can't win the big games.

Welcome to the Church Of Tyrod where a 4 year backup QB is a elite talent, a legend in their own mind.

3 and out, it's his 3rd year here I'm expecting a solid 3 and out.

Peterman is ready please start him.

The end is near close the Church Of Tyrod.

Edited by xRUSHx

It wasn't Taylor's job to lose in the Spring, apparently, when everyone was so excited about how McDermott was stressing that every single position is an open competition.

So, if it's Taylor's job to lose, it's because he pretty clearly earned it through the spring camps and training camp.

Occam's razor, folks. Why are we making this so complicated? Because of a few meaningless preseason games?

I won't be one of them. You and OS and Crusher and xRushx and your ilk just don't get it:

There is no CoT!

We're Bills fans, and if Taylor is bad (for me) for the first 3 or 4 games, I'll be happy to see him pulled and see Peterman in there. This QB discussion will then turn into the handful of you probably continually berating other posters (your professed "CoT") for saying things they never said.

Some people thrive off animosity. Have at it and enjoy. I just want a goddamn playoff season and I don't care who's under center when it happens!

yep. I agree. We like TT because he has been the best option until a better one becomes available.. He has not been terrible.Those handful continue to say two things: TT is horrible and all of us think he is the greatest ever. Both dishonest posting. When proven wrong, they deflect. We are Bills fans. Don't know what they are.-TT must have done something to them or their families....If TT struggles in this offense then by all means put Peterman in. Nothing to lose.

Transplantbillsfan the main COT preacher loves to preach to have faith in Baltimore's backup while the team continues to go home for the playoffs 2 years in a row because he can't win the big games.

Welcome to the Church Of Tyrod where a 4 year backup QB is a elite talent, a legend in their own mind.

Peterman is ready please start him and close the Church Of Tyrod.

right on cue :thumbsup:

Last I checked, it's 17 years in a row we haven't made the playoffs :flirt:

What are you gonna do with yourself if this team actually does make the playoffs with Taylor at the helm? 0:)

Peterman is ready please start him and close the Church Of Tyrod.

And here folks is a good example of the dishonest posting, posted over and over and over again. No one has ever said he is elite. No one. You continue to make things up, get told and proven wrong, and continue to do it again. ...If TT struggles, then give Peterman a chance. he may do well. May not. We don't know. he has never played in an actual NFL game that counts where the defense is planned to stop him.

right on cue :thumbsup:

Last I checked, it's 17 years in a row we haven't made the playoffs :flirt:

What are you gonna do with yourself if this team actually does make the playoffs with Taylor at the helm? 0:)

Haha, playoffs? Playoffs?

Hahahahaha...the only way I see even a slim chance at playoffs is if Peterman is starting. Tyrods done here, the end is near for Flacco's backup.

Haaaaaa, playoffs...SMH

And here folks is a good example of the dishonest posting, posted over and over and over again. No one has ever said he is elite. No one. You continue to make things up, get told and proven wrong, and continue to do it again. ...If TT struggles, then give Peterman a chance. he may do well. May not. We don't know. he has never played in an actual NFL game that counts where the defense is planned to stop him.

And here is Transplants right hand preacher. Come on man post some padded stats compared to Brady, Brees and Manning.

How about how you both were screaming Tyrod is better then Kelly? SMH

Edited by xRUSHx