Dareus sent home for violating a team rule

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for clearing that up. I am glad to hear that his History of Lateness, a rather minor error of judgement (particularly given when that lateness is to an exhibition game), is the sole reason for concern regarding a young man who was guaranteed $60 million starting last year. I feel a lot better.

But Rex lost control of the team and didn't hold anyone accountable. The fact is of the 90 man roster, 89 were on time, and 1 prima donna with a history of being late wasn't. Do you think Belicheck would care who was late?

First thank you for your service. This is excellent information.

I'm going to try one more time to clarify then I'll let it go. I believe 100% in discipline and accountability and every single thing you say in your post.

Sending him home is something totally different than accountability. It's public embarrassment. That's next level stuff. It's the ultimate FU in this particular situation - because he can't be cut/traded and can't quit.

It's way beyond smart and strong when every major NFL outlet including the bottom ticker on every sports channel I've been to today is showing it. This goes beyond structure and there's some players that won't be behind such a public lashing - when there's money involved and the ability to protest is real.

Are we sure this is his first infraction? My guess is it wasn't.

@pham1717

Dareus did not travel home with the team. Had to find his own way

@JonScottTV

Sean McDermott hasn't had further conversation with Marcell Dareus, but plans on it. Unknown if more punishment coming. #Bills

Nothing to see here. He arrived late for the game. EOS.

Oh, and then didn't travel home with the team. Real EOS.

Oh, and may have more punishment coming. Wait, is this really the end of the story, or is it like those movies where I shouldn't leave before the credits roll because there's a really amusing extra scene after the credits?

Nothing to see here. He arrived late for the game. EOS.

Oh, and then didn't travel home with the team. Real EOS.

Oh, and may have more punishment coming. Wait, is this really the end of the story, or is it like those movies where I shouldn't leave before the credits roll because there's a really amusing extra scene after the credits?

You finished now? :lol: He might get a fine of some sort to the extent it's allowable by the CBA.

Doesn't really send a message...suspending for a regular season game where he misses a paycheck would mean more. Doubt he cares he missed yesterdays game

why would he care if he missed a regular season game either ?

That part is not about him. It is about the Team and the Teams message to one and all.

I like the line that Beane and Sean are toeing.

Build the culture Bills have been missing for decades or longer. Sustainability is driven by consistency in message and method.

Let the games begin.

and let see who has the patience and grit to ride it out. Pegula being the most important person in the room.

Dareus?

Whaley f'd that one up and Beane has to eat it.

Owning the 17 years. aint no walk in the park is it Sean ?

Go Bills !

McDermott hasn't coached a regular season game yet...it was the only message he could send. Hopefully, it does the trick before taking away real money and hurting the team in a regular season game. If it was a regular season game it would have likely been holding him out for a series or two or perhaps a quarter. Now coach has set the precedent that if you're late its a game...

It won't work on Marcell. but it is the right thing to do

What were Dareus' goals when he went to Haiti on a humanitarian trip and when he hosts football camps for kids in Alabama?

if you look closely at the amount of money he invested, you might have to laugh at his "efforts" He was wearing all his gold charms when in Haiti as well. Cool message Dareus

dk

Good on Sean !

did he show to practice?

He's at OBD,

@viccarucci

Dareus' hip issue will keep him from practicing today, McDermott says. Coach praises Huges' play. "Motor was running all night."

McDermott on Dareus: "When I came in here, I wiped the slate clean. Hope he will learn from last night's situation."

....seriously?....who cares who created the contract?....Whaley's gone so a deal is NO LONGER a deal and he doesn't have to live up to what he signed?....BTW, I do realize he has been an upstanding citizen and model teammate until his FIRST slip up as in missing the bus.....sorry, Fat Albert Haynesworth II stands......can't believe a guy of your football knowledge and conjecture would make excuses for this diva....

yes, I was serious. whaley drew up the contract and big stuff signed on the dotted line. you're right, whaley is gone but the contract and 99 remain. I don't condone his wrong doings and to most he is on a fine line, which I agree. I will allow the season to get here and see where it goes from there. also, no comparison to haynesworth. sure, you can say they hold/held the same position but I have never seen 99 stomp on anyone's nuts or put his foot in anyone's face? the guy had 10 sacks back a couple three years ago and with the 4 3 back, he could get back to form? unlike the last two seasons where a majority of the unit was in disarray under the clown show.

he'll either shape up, or be shipped out at the end of next (2019) season?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

@viccarucci

McDermott: #Bills are 'moving forward' from Dareus punishment. At [bN] Blitz: http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/27/mcdermott-bills-moving-forward-dareus-punishment/

"We have certain things we do a certain way, and I expect everyone to be accountable and the rest is really between Marcell and myself," McDermott said. "Really, we're moving forward. That's where I stand on it, we're moving forward, and I'm looking forward to getting out here on the practice field and getting better."

Dareus did not participate in practice, McDermott said, because of a hip problem.

@viccarucci

Marcell Dareus is a spectator for #Bills practice w a hip issue.

DIRBQo3W0AEsxVZ.jpg

5:21 PM - 27 Aug 2017