Zoar Valley tragedy

bbb

Mother and father die, 4 year old critical and 7 year old in good condition............I'm not a hiker, and I'm also afraid of heights, so maybe it's obvious - but I haven't seen anybody question or explain on Facebook, etc. - how could four people fall of a cliff at the same time?

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/20/search-victims-underway-zoar-valley/

I work with a family member. No information as of yet but I think the thought is the 4 year old got in a rough spot and the parents tried to save him and it ended up tragic for everyone.

Edited by mrags

This story is actually the lead news story down here in New Zealand.

Wow - I would never have thought that.

I work with a family member. No information as of yet but I think the thought is the 4 year old got in a rough spot and the parents tried to save him and it ended up tragic for everyone.

Thanks for the info. Do they think the 7 year old fell, too?

Wow - I would never have thought that.

Thanks for the info. Do they think the 7 year old fell, too?

no. He just walked out of nowhere apparently. Was almost untouched it seemed. Again, this is just what I heard.

According to the latest news report, the seven-year-old had a broken arm and ankle. He was also found walking in the gorge, which suggests he did fall since it seems unlikely he could have gotten into the gorge otherwise. If he didn't fall with his parents and brothers, he may have tried to get down to them and got hurt in the descent.

From today's article. I'm sure they know better than me, but I would think you'd want to talk to the kids as soon as possible:

Deputies have yet to question the boys about what happened. "We're just letting family have some time," said Scott Zylka, a spokesman for the Erie County Sheriff's Office.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/23/victims-zoar-valley-fall-loved-nature-spending-time-young-sons/