Tyrod Taylor Film Session vs. Eagles

cover1

Right, who is the lazy one who saves other peoples posts and responds with the same rhetoric 1000x? Go away!

Right, who is the lazy one who saves other peoples posts and responds with the same rhetoric 1000x? Go away!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always feel a little better about the thing after cover 1 disects it

Strong possibility this is not our offense come game 1.....but whatever that offense is i need to see it before i believe it

Very strong possibility!

Might be that the coaches are challenging TT in order to find out if he can be a long term answer at QB. If he can't do what they want, then they still might tailor the offense to fit him in the regular season. If he doesn't markedly improve and they don't do that, then he won't be starting here for long this season.

OMG, this is the most rational post I have seen in a while. Absolutely! They are evaluating everyone, putting them in positions to challenge them. Thats what preseason is for. Great point!

Thanks for the link to the piece. I think this strengthens my view though rather than contradicts it. There are going to be classic west coast concepts in this offense. We can argue about how many and in what volume etc... the proof of that will come once someone is counting the Ws and we know it is their true offense out there. But what those clips show is those plays are there and when Tyrod's footwork is good and the ball is out on time he can hit them. There were a couple of really good examples early against the Vikings and there was one that you guys identified in the 1st Qrtr against the Eagles that you (or maybe Nate) called his best throw of the game. I called that as soon as he made it in the game thread here. It was a perfect example, good drop, ball out on time, threw to a spot. But the evidence that he can do it consistently is simply not there so far. Going back and looking at his throws the first two pre-season games he gets it wrong as much as he gets it right. It isn't to say Tyrod can't complete those throws... he can.... but it doesn't naturally play to his strengths and didn't in the bits that Lynn tried to introduce last year either. The question is how consistently can Tyrod do it?

Yes there will be some west coast concepts, but I think people immediately think Bills Walsh...No no no, that methodical approach doesn't occur often, maybe the Chiefs and Eagles still have hard core WCO-Walsh concepts but most have had to adapt it to modern football. You can't run the Walsh timing offense out of gun or pistol....Footwork, depth, depth of routes aren't as in tune with the receivers and progressions. The scheme installed by Dennison will not doubt have some plays or concepts that TT will struggle with, there will be plays or concepts that Peterman will struggle with too mainly due to arm strength. But Dennison wouldnt have wanted TT a couple years back or this season if he didnt think he could win with him. Dennison and this staff would have rolled Peterman out there right out the gate much like they did with Siemian, a young QB with no experience rather than pay TT and lose because they can't win with him...

Oh I am not advocating for Peterman Erik.... I had a 7th round grade on him coming out - our season sinks or swims with Tyrod for me. Remember when the Broncos and Dennison wanted Tyrod they still had Manning and Brock. They were not after him as a starter but as someone they could develop. Dennison has spoken of where Tyrod needs to improve in this offense himself this pre-season and it is pretty much where you would expect.

I'm sorry but Nate Geary is a tool.

Blaming Tyrod for a 3 step drop? It's the play design. If Shady makes the block, it's a completion instead of an interception.

You missed the point it was the depth of Tyrod's drop that Nate was criticising. If the steps are not the right depth is not right and it can throw the timing off. That said - of course you are right McCoy makes that block the play probably isn't a pick. Edited by GunnerBill

Blaming Tyrod for a 3 step drop? It's the play design. If Shady makes the block, it's a completion instead of an interception.

WGR is a collection of former communications majors pretending they understand football film study. They are literally there for entertainment, not for intelligent analysis.

Pot...meet...kettle

I actuallly thought this had merit

Not that its on Tyrod....only that Tyrod cannot make that 3 step drop due to his hight......he needs to get his drop a little deeper.

and yes....McCoy did not stop up and block the bandit in the correct spacing. I thought both comments had merit

WGR is a collection of former communications majors pretending they understand football film study. They are literally there for entertainment, not for intelligent analysis.

I love Cover1 and these breakdowns are great imo. Geary was fine the rest of the podcast but he's still a tool (for blocking me on Twitter. What a baby.).

I love Cover1 and these breakdowns are great imo. Geary was fine the rest of the podcast but he's still a tool (for blocking me on Twitter. What a baby.).

I like Cover1, I don't know what Erik's football background is but he obviously knows what he's talking about. It's all the WGR people I mostly can't stand. Jeremy White is the worst.