8-14: Bills' GM Brandon Beane on WGR

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the Pats actually draft all that well. Where they dominate is on the pro-personnel side of the scouting department.

They don't but no team in the NFL does consistently because it's a crapshoot overall...Bellichick nods to this because they focus on getting more picks...if you have a 50-55% hit rate, you greatly increase your chances by having more picks

Very simple 8/14/17 is anyone willing to pay watkins 60 plus million and make him the vocal point of our offense for the next 5 years?

I'd rather let 2017 play it out and get a compensatory pick rather than to bail on what could have been a great receiver realizing his potential and becoming one of the best players in the league.

Instead, we threw away our best shot at elite talent for a round higher draft pick and a questionable corner.

Consider me not impressed

I'm so sick of this "culture" BS. Know what builds a culture? Good coaches, good players, and especially a good qb. This isn't high school. Talent wins. Remember the Bickerin' Bills? They won because they had great talent.

These guys would have traded Thurman away because he didn't fit their "culture." I'm going to let it play out because what choice do I have? But this is the shortest honeymoon I have ever had with a new "regime."

Lighten up Biscuit. You don't think the culture instilled by Rex wasn't detrimental to this team? Gimme a break. The dude was all talk and no walk....and that's what we got on the field. You don't think Belicheck didn't have to change the culture in NE after he arrived? Your comment about high school is funny....because, IMO, if you have a few talented players in high school, culture get's thrown out the window and talent can overcome just about anything. In the pros, it's a completely different animal where these guys (including the coaches) are getting paid big bucks to establish a winning franchise....and where culture is paramount to winning IMO.

$15.682 million for an average of 12.3 games played, 51 catches, 820 yards, and 5.7 TDs per year? Terrible value.

You don't know how to do season projections with him playing in 37 of the 48 games in his career.

Not to mention last season is pretty much a throwaway since he was never himself in the eight games played.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'd rather let 2017 play it out and get a compensatory pick rather than to bail on what could have been a great receiver realizing his potential and becoming one of the best players in the league.

Instead, we threw away our best shot at elite talent for a round higher draft pick and a questionable corner.

Consider me not impressed

Sammy would never be recognized as one of the best in the league with Tyrod Taylor as his quarterback. There is not a more Trentative, gun-shy starting QB in the NFL. Sammy was wasted with Tyrod as the trigger man, and trading him brings assets that will help the Bills land a strong QB prospect. Something needed to be done to position ourselves to actually get a QB rather than perennially saying "wait till next year" and I love how aggressive the Bills have been this off-season in finally positioning themselves to address by far the most important position in the game. Yes there's risk involved but it's even MORE risky to continue to do nothing, make excuses and build around other team's backup quarterbacks while the failed seasons pile up ad infinitum because we can't pass the ball in a league where everyone and their mother can pass the ball.

I love the refusal by Beane to accept extended mediocrity, the willingness to take a risk to give yourself a chance to build a real championship contender. Of course some good fortune will be needed along the way-- good thing fortune favors the bold! GO BILLS!

Sammy would never be recognized as one of the best in the league with Tyrod Taylor as his quarterback. There is not a more Trentative, gun-shy starting QB in the NFL. Sammy was wasted with Tyrod as the trigger man, and trading him brings assets that will help the Bills land a strong QB prospect. Something needed to be done to position ourselves to actually get a QB rather than perennially saying "wait till next year" and I love how aggressive the Bills have been this off-season in finally positioning themselves to address by far the most important position in the game. Yes there's risk involved but it's even MORE risky to continue to do nothing, make excuses and build around other team's backup quarterbacks while the failed seasons pile up ad infinitum because we can't pass the ball in a league where everyone and their mother can pass the ball.

I love the refusal by Beane to accept extended mediocrity, the willingness to take a risk to give yourself a chance to build a real championship contender. Of course some good fortune will be needed along the way-- good thing fortune favors the bold! GO BILLS!

If Taylor was as bad as you proclaim, the new staff and Beane would've jettisoned Taylor months ago. As far as wasting Sammy, don't you think it's hard to target a WR that's standing on the sidelines for half the season?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I'm so sick of this "culture" BS. Know what builds a culture? Good coaches, good players, and especially a good qb. This isn't high school. Talent wins. Remember the Bickerin' Bills? They won because they had great talent.

These guys would have traded Thurman away because he didn't fit their "culture." I'm going to let it play out because what choice do I have? But this is the shortest honeymoon I have ever had with a new "regime."

I heard Jeremy White snicker this morning when talking about culture and mention how he gets texts about "you never played sports" insinuating that people who say that somehow don't know what they are talking about. It amazes me how people who have never done something dismiss the opinions of people who have. White has being pushing this narrative that culture doesn't matter in sports and now there are bunch of little minions walking around echoing what he says as if they know what they are talking about. I am not saying analytics do not matter because they do but if you say culture doesn't matter and you have never been in a locker room, you are simply ignorant. There is a reason every single athlete says it matters. It is the epitome of arrogance and ignorance to have an opinion that you believe to be absolute on a subject that you have no real experience with, when the people with the experience have the exact opposite opinion. It is laughable how clueless Jeremy White and those like him who think culture doesn't matter are.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12